Mr JWW ABT Tuning Audi warranty safe?

wab172uk

Now in an X3 M40i And a Yaris GR-Four
Reaction score
Just been looking at his video regarding his S1. Has stated the ABT Products are now Audi warranty safe, as long as you only go for a simple tuning. I assume stage 1.

Can't find anything online regarding this. Would love to tune my S3, but lack of warranty should anything go wrong has always put me off.

Anyone know any info on this? Sound like sh!te to me

Reactions: AudiNutta and David McQueen
Just been looking at his video regarding his S1. Has stated the ABT Products are now Audi warranty safe, as long as you only go for a simple tuning. I assume stage 1.

Can't find anything online regarding this. Would love to tune my S3, but lack of warranty should anything go wrong has always put me off.

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also can’t see this being correct. I’m perhaps thinking that you retain an engine warranty with ABT for a limited time (some companies offer this), can’t see Audi ever covering a mapped car.

Reactions: David McQueen
There is nothing about this on the ABT website, and you don't even get their 2 year warranty here in the UK.

Upload 2017 10 1 18 5 3

If the engine or gearbox dies due to the extra power of the remap I cannot see Audi covering this, and even it was on the ABT web site I would want something in writing from Audi.

Last edited:
There is nothing about this on the ABT website, and you don't even get their 2 year warranty here in the UK.

View attachment 137631

If the engine or gearbox dies due to the extra power of the remap I cannot see Audi covering this, and even it was on the ABT web site I would want something in writing form Audi.

+1 for writing from Audi.

I must say if it ever became true, I’d be doing it.

Warranty...I've claimed warranty a few times now and they never accept it! This is on a standard car.

So I've told them to phuck it. And if anything happens I'll sort it myself.

They don't even get my servicing.

Reactions: Fatbloke, jimojameso and Joe4842
Warranty...I've claimed warranty a few times now and they never accept it! This is on a standard car.

So I've told them to phuck it. And if anything happens I'll sort it myself.

They don't even get my servicing.

Out of interest what were your warranty claims?

+1 for writing from Audi.

I must say if it ever became true, I’d be doing it.

+2 i’d want something in writing from audi uk, if it was true i’s be down to KMS motorsport TOMORROW for my stage 2 and gearbox map :D

Reactions: Tom.H and AudiNutta
Companies like ABT and MTM provide "engine" warranties as an optional extra when purchasing one of the related tuning boxes. The warranties are not worth the paper they are printed on however as if you go through the small print almost everything that can go wrong is excluded from the cover lol

Reactions: Fatbloke, David McQueen and Tom.H