1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mr JWW’s ABT Upgrade

Rockall Feb 17, 2018

1. Rockall

Rockall Active Member

310 PS and -30mm ABT springs but no clutch upgrade.

Gralegav and Ian Whiffen like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972 Winter is coming... Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Audi S1 quattro

Let us know how it goes with the clutch - I'm having an APR on mine v soon :)

Gralegav likes this.
  4. Ian Whiffen

Ian Whiffen Well-Known Member

I have the abt on mine and my clutch lasted 30k

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gralegav and lfcrule1972 like this.
  5. Matt6494

Matt6494 Member

How much was it start to finish including labour and everything if you don't mind me asking? Did you need any other upgrades apart from the ABT module and the springs, such as intercooler or air intake?

6. Rockall

Rockall Active Member

No idea, sorry, Matt6494. Just saw this video on a YouTube channel I subscribe to and shared it. Looks like a piggyback ECU only.

According to Richter Motorsport website: "consisting of: ABT-ECU (AEC), bracket set, cable harness and mounting kit. In this technology, the ABT Power Software is used in an additional engine control unit, the ABT Engine Control (AEC). Thus, ABT ensures the high standard in performance increase also in new developments and increasing high-tech in vehicles. Your advantage: The serial engine control unit remains untouched and the vehicle is completely diagnosable. And when it comes to the quality of AEC, the high standards of the VW Group apply. Audi S1 (8X0) 2,0 ltr. TFSI from 170 kW (231 HP), 370 Nm to approx. 228 kW (310 HP), 440 Nm."

Ian Whiffen on here has had the ABT kit fitted. Round about the £2,000 mark, I think.

Ian Whiffen and Gralegav like this.
  7. Ian Whiffen

Ian Whiffen Well-Known Member

Yeah mine was £1975 which included the 2 year warranty. I had the performance air filter (pipercross) at the time but the Forge intercooler really made it perform better. I have had 3 diagnostic done and it hasn't flagged up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gralegav likes this.
  8. lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972 Winter is coming... Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Audi S1 quattro

Mine had the APR stage 1 last week, 336 bhp and 473nm of torque - quite happy with that :)

Ian Whiffen likes this.