MPG

28.3 (reasonably consistently) driving around town mostly, occasional bit of welly in the country and the odd motorway haul thrown in for good measure

I get about the same, around 25-30. S3's are pretty thirsty cars, especially when driven fast!

:blackrs4:

Well I get same as you guys, 25 - 30 MPG mostly town driving. If driven hard I get 18 - 20. Few weeks back I honestly got 44.5 MPG on the motorway with an average speed of 58 MPH. I was driving really slow for an hour but it just proves an S3 can return good MPG

Mines 27-29 on a goodish run (around town and a 20 mile trip to work which are A and B roads), And 22-24 when having some fun on the weekends :)
I think S3's are very good on motorway miles considering the bhp.

I'm not pround of this :Flush: but my DIS is currently showing 35.5mpg.

drive like a granny monday to friday -as I've 200 miles to and from work on a dual carriageway.

the weekends are a different story........ :undwech::redrs4:

My DIS usually is 32-35mpg, with mainly 15miles of cross country each way to the golf club. A spirited run to Windsor usually drops that down to ~26mpg, and a 'Driving-Miss-Daisy' run to the Lake district usually gives 40-43mpg @ a steady 69mph on cruise.

Usually 380-420 off a full tank. Worst ever was 210 with a very rapid trip from Kendal to Spennymoor and back last autumn...

Cheers,

I'm not pround of this :Flush: but my DIS is currently showing 35.5mpg.

drive like a granny monday to friday -as I've 200 miles to and from work on a dual carriageway.

the weekends are a different story........ :undwech::redrs4:

Well I am. I do the same. 60-70 Up and down the A34 monday to friday with a little sprint here and there; I get 350 min out of a tank now.

Both my light right foot and the CC remap have helped attain this.

Well mines weird, before i took the dash out was getting 28.8mpg and that was the limit but now im getting between 31-32mpg :uhm: any ideas!

Never get less than an average of 31 mpg per tank. Best has been 40mpg. I average about 350 per tank, sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on traffic and my right foot. :)

Fuel prices are awful just now. :( What kind of fuel are people using? Shell V-Power or BP Ultimate always grace my tank, although it's getting expensive now. :(

:redrs4:

32-35mpg (driven mostly on motorways).

I do notice a 2-3mpg difference with 98 unleaded compared to 95

Mostly town driving so I get around 21mpg on average. I rarely drive on boost as well. It's astonishing that Audi have managed to make such an uneconomical car out of a pissy little 1.8 engine.

Had my uncles 330i for a week, got 26mpg on average doing the exact same routes at the same time but using standard unleaded rather than the super unleaded I use in the S3.

We have just returned from a 2hr trip out, mainly A roads. Average MPG shows exactly 33mpg. I drove like an old lady to be fair lol.

Around 27.7mpg and normally 320-350 miles on a full tank, spending around £60-£100 a week on fuel lol

just wondering, but ive owned my s3 for about 4 months and i have never seen the mpg gauge on my computer change, its always been on 26.8 since i bought it, plus my reset button doesnt work. just wondering if everyone elses change when they switch from town to motorway driving?

Ave. 25mpg, around town its around 22mpg, on a long run motorway driving I get 30mpg and track work, I was getting 13mpg.

Not far off my figures Mr Tang...

i get around 9 or 10 mpg REDLINE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
driving careful 25-30 but driving careful is so so hard lol
i use v power with nos octane booster
been tempted a few times to use my vp 114 octane just to see what happens ,but that **** is dear real dear
in my quad and mx bikes it has added up to 25-50 hp depending on port job and bike
it smells so so good

I hate the DIS with a passion it's never accurate for me... The fuel range thing is pants! Only thing that's accurate is working out how much you filled up with and recording how many miles you get.

If I fill up half a tank on normal 95 RON fuel (£23) I'll get about 110 miles out of it until it beeps showing there's 30miles left all town driving if that helps with some occaisional redlining in there.

low 30's around town and high twenties on a quick run etc. Cruising on the motorway see's high 30's which is pretty good :)

What? the 13mpg bit? :moa:

only ever seen 13mpg once lol...you'd be suprised its actually quite economical for the performance really, i average 22-25 driving to work and back, on the M6 and you know what thats like during rush hour lol

mind you having said that, i worked it out recently not using the DIS and average was 27mpg which isn't bad at all...

28-32 i get town driving usually its about 28.5 and on motorway i got 34.5 going to Lakes with traffic on motorway

mine also goes down to single figure when booting it. it will go down to 5mpg!!!! never bought the car to get good mpg

I never reset my mpg and I'm showing 27.6, usually get about 300 miles to a tank though I never let the light come on...

The DIS states 26mpg, but I get around 300 miles for approx 55 litres when I fill up. Thats better than my previous 2.0TS Alfa and 306GTi6, and about the same as my 3.0 V6 Alfa.

The DIS is rubbish, it lies to me more than my ex ....... so as with her, I found something a little more reliable http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php

I get just under 300 miles of a full tank, always use V-Power, wouldn't feed that low octane rubbish to my baby!!!!! It is expensive, but you can shop around, and as with all things, check on-line http://www.petrolprices.com bear in mind one of the "Shell" stations turned out to be a Sainsburys, but it was even listed as a Shell on the shell web site ..... go figure :wtf:

I love seeing the live MPG figures in little numbers while driving to work, and if you are worried about MPG, get one of those hybrid numbers.

Fossil fuel will only be around a short while, so have your fun while you can, and burn through your fare share!!!!

I get just under 300 miles of a full tank, always use V-Power, wouldn't feed that low octane rubbish to my baby!!!!!

I get more than 300 miles to a tank... Glasgow - Aberdeen then return, with a bit of driving in the City. Never really attempt to drive economically, and also only use v-power. DIS shows - as always - 28.3. Maybe it's broken or - as you say - just a bit economical with the truth

Picture023.jpg

Revo all the way :)

I've had mine in single figures a couple of times too ;)