mpg ;-)

simon.m

Reaction score
i still love this about my car the mpg on a run with what i had already driven 767miles and im sure if i had carryed on on the m.way it would have gone up more weather or not it would do it is any ones guess but still.

IMG00356-20110205-1803.jpg

ha maybe but what i have in mpg i lose in power ;-( now if only audi could make the best of both i mean hoves can do it with bread lol

some things you just cant grumble about lol

you must be sticking at 50 on the motorway to get that!!!! the most ive had my 130 quattro to is 670 mi to empty!! oh but hang on i have got a smaller tank in the quattro tho!

that day I set out for work (35mile drive) and as I got about a mile from home the fuel light came on, and i realised i left my wallet at work. I've never feathered an accelerator so lightly in my life.

haha ha yes you do 66l right lol i was sitting at 65 to 70 plus mine is the baby with just 100bph and not 4wd

MPG
My is ,if foot not to heavy 50-60mpg,but if driving dynamically still between 35-45mpg,but that is really very hard driving which is very good result
DIESEL IS DIESEL...;-)

Last edited:
Im lucky if i get 550 miles out a tank.. and mines a 130 tdi fwd.. dont know whats going on there then???

Im lucky if i get 550 miles out a tank.. and mines a 130 tdi fwd.. dont know whats going on there then???

Was about to say don't worry i only get about 500 from my quattro, but then i realised yours is 2wd so has a 7L bigger tank. Thinking about it, that is still similar MPG to what i get.

my a4 avant 130 tdi,Getting 760miles from tank full. couple of mods have inproved mpg thou, and not had it mapped yet.

come on then guys, what do i need to do to get my figures up?? ive read about changing maf sensor (or is it map sensor???). I wouldnt say i drive hard, about 80 on the motorway and never really rev above 3k.

its a maf sensor mate ;-) im by no means a fast driver and yes ill get in before q james its a 1.9 tdi 100bph ;-)

THink we should all gag Simon2004, everyone knows the 100bhp does a lot more miles to the gallon, but he loves rubbing our noses in it!!

hahahahaha it was more that it still gets me when i look at it saying 600 or 700 miles left as all my othere cars where a max of 400 lol

Show off, now where did i put that rope........?

come on then guys, what do i need to do to get my figures up?? ive read about changing maf sensor (or is it map sensor???). I wouldnt say i drive hard, about 80 on the motorway and never really rev above 3k.
have you scanned the car for fault codes?

i did scan it using a snap on (i think) machine not a vag com. Came up with only one fault being a worn engine mount. That was about 8 months ago though!!!

I DROVE TO SCOTLAND IN AUG IN MY 2.0TDI 140 AND CLOCK SHOWED WHE I GET THERE 309.8 MILED DONE ON TRIP AND 405 LEFT IN TANK AND I HAVE TO GET A SHIFT ON AS I WAS RUNNING LATE JUST LOVE WRONG DRIVES IN MINE =)

new map sensor, new ect sensor, decat, allard pipe, k&n panel filter new fuel filter has inproved my mpg and turn off air con.

Best I have seen is this:

IMAG0413.jpg

Albeit after only a few miles. Didn't get a pic at the end of the trip, but it was averaged at 36.X over the 50 odd miles home.

As for MTE. Well I can often get 400 miles in the MTE, but this usually drops quite quickly, lol. But, this was okay:

IMAG0174.jpg

Almost 160 miles into the tank with 200 miles to go.

Not too shabby for a V8 then...

i recently did a run down south and had 805 miles to empty showing even after driving 80 miles down the motorway!!

i stuck to 55- 60 all the way!!

i usually do 85 - 100 all the way but wont be anymore i saved a right packet!!!

Have you manually calculated it with miles to tank divide by number of litres etc, as obc can vary on reading
Good tracker try fuelly.com

Best I have seen is this:

IMAG0413.jpg

Albeit after only a few miles. Didn't get a pic at the end of the trip, but it was averaged at 36.X over the 50 odd miles home.

How on earth did you manage that? most I've ever seen is 26mpg

There was a fair bit of downhill, and stuck behind slow traffic at that time. It was still after 5 miles though. But yeah, averaged 36 mpg over the 50 miles too, so not all bad.

new map sensor, new ect sensor, decat, allard pipe, k&n panel filter new fuel filter has inproved my mpg and turn off air con.

what sort of miles per tank are people with an a4 2.5 tdi cabriolet getting???

i am on my 1st tank since i bought it and have done 330 miles so far and have in between a quarter and half a tank left

Looks like we are both new cab owners ! I got a 2.4 Petrol...... MPG isnt stunning on the computer but I'm keeping a paper record so I can work it out properly to compare. I even had the roof down today, heated seats rule :)

what sort of miles per tank are people with an a4 2.5 tdi cabriolet getting???

i am on my 1st tank since i bought it and have done 330 miles so far and have in between a quarter and half a tank left

Looks like we are both new cab owners ! I got a 2.4 Petrol...... MPG isnt stunning on the computer but I'm keeping a paper record so I can work it out properly to compare. I even had the roof down today, heated seats rule :)

i have only had mine 2 weeks, how long you had yours?? i love mine, always makes me smile when i drive it lol. a friend of mine had the 2.4, nice sound when you floor it with the roof down. i couldnt go back to petrol now, last car car a mk4 golf gt tdi and i would hate the difference in mpg from diesel to petrol, would be scared to drive it lol. i think i missed a trick today not gettin out for a drive with the roof down, but had it down the other day, and your right, defo a heated seats thing, gets a bit nippy at this time of year.