MPG just going up and up

orcomma

Reaction score
2500 mile in, did a run to see my parents in Devon yesterday

20170826 101932

Not bad for a 2.0 petrol!

Reactions: R.A.G
Mine not fairing quite so well on a trip last week to Spa Francorchamps..but it is a3.0 petrol!

IMG 0172

Mine struggles to get above the teens on shortish runs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good indeed, I had to check the figures twice when I saw over 40 urban on the spec sheet lol.

Are you running regular or super unleaded? I have the S3 at the moment so always use super.

Just a short trip today in the S5

Attachments

• IMG_1165.JPG
    IMG_1165.JPG
    837.7 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
63.5 mpg from a 90 mile journey last week and considering the official figures for the 2.0 Diesel Quattro is 62.8 I'm very happy. I usually average 48-54 mpg on motorway journeys going slightly over the speed limit... :friendly wink: but this time I was going through long stretches of 50mph limits on the M1 and I had my grandad following me so I rarely went over 65mph.

IMG 7337

Best I've got on the S5 is 33mpg on a 60 mile journey. Most of the time I'm averaging 20 - 25mpg.

I'm about the same, think I have seen 35mpg as an average over a 150 mile trip in traffic. Long term average is around 25mpg having done 900 miles in it now.

Full tank range is around the 400 mile mark, suits me just fine I didn't buy it to be economical :grimacing:

I'm about the same, think I have seen 35mpg as an average over a 150 mile trip in traffic. Long term average is around 25mpg having done 900 miles in it now.

Full tank range is around the 400 mile mark, suits me just fine I didn't buy it to be economical :grimacing:
Smiles per gallon!

You managed to get 400 Miles out of one tank?

You managed to get 400 Miles out of one tank?

I haven't calculated it accurately to prove the displayed range figure but that's what it displays at the petrol station once full to the brim. I would imagine the answer to that is a no though...

I haven't calculated it accurately to prove the displayed range figure but that's what it displays at the petrol station once full to the brim. I would imagine the answer to that is a no though...

I see! Possibly could be achieved driving with a feather foot, but where's the fun in that..

Well I dropped the wife off at work this morning, all town traffic, then went up the dual carriageway to the next town driving around there at town speeds! Did what I needed to and then came home:

Happy with this :)
IMG 4905

Almost shat myself on the way back, the camera doesn't show it much, but if I hadn't swerved the tractor would have hit me side on!!! He was coming across all the lanes from the right:

Well I dropped the wife off at work this morning, all town traffic, then went up the dual carriageway to the next town driving around there at town speeds! Did what I needed to and then came home:

Happy with this :)
View attachment 139770

Almost shat myself on the way back, the camera doesn't show it much, but if I hadn't swerved the tractor would have hit me side on!!! He was coming across all the lanes from the right:

Good Reaction squire.

Reactions: S32B

Wow kudos for dodging that numpty!

Reactions: S32B
These are great numbers, I've been doing a few 100 mile runs every now and again and I've really been trying hard to reach at least 30mpg - I'm guessing everyone here has turned on all the efficiency features and have been driving very calmly.

I hit my all time record the other day in my S5! Quite impressive.

Attachments

• AF685E86-FEC1-462A-9571-01D32BA2EEF1.jpeg
    AF685E86-FEC1-462A-9571-01D32BA2EEF1.jpeg
    971.2 KB · Views: 226
Reactions: vinnynall