MPG figures

JCMCN

Reaction score
Where do Audi get their MPG figures from. Previously I had a 2006 1.9TDI which had MPG figures of 50+. I have since bought a 1.6tdi with estimated MPG to be around 65/68. I have now done 1800 miles and the DIS tells me I am averaging 49MPG. My pump receipt tells me I'm only getting 46Mpg's!!!! I have been driving like James May from top gear for the past few days and I'm still struggling to get over 50MPG. Can anyone tell me how to get the best economy without rollercoasting down hill, or is Audi telling us porkys?

Last edited:
I know it is not a fair comparison as I have the 2.0 Tdi , 140 PD, but I am getting around 47 to 49 mpg. That is motorway driving at a steady pace above 70.
I am sure you are p*ssed off with your figures at the moment , but cannot understand why they should be so bad even driving Mis Daisy style ?

I think the reason for your low mpg may be because your engine hasn't been run it yet. Also the cold weather will affect it. I have the 2.0 TDi and I've noticed a significant drop from warmer weather.