mpg after re-map???

finny_quattro

Reaction score
well...ive decided to remap the car after only having it a week its booked in for friday and the lad claims 215-220 bhp with a pipercross panel filter but...at the minute the car is only averaging about 25 mpg and i know everyone says more mpg when mapped but is this acually true? obviously it wont be if you just rag it everywhere but driving normally? and what will i be expecting does anyone think?

pd tuning in boldon tyne and wear if anyones been or know if they are good? they put it on the dyno and give you a print out so i will ACTUALLY know what its putting out

cheers

oh balls lol are they supposed torun around 25 mpg? or less

it defo wont go down though right?

I get on average 24mpg town and country road driving and I have a big turbo conversion.... as JoJo says, all in the right foot...

<tuffty/>

I'm consistently getting 27MPG with a mix of motorway, town and country roads, with DIS displaying 29MPG

In reality, you should not see much of an increase or decrease after a map - as previously stated, it all depends on how you drive. I would imagine that the extra power will change your driving style in the short term as you explore the power above the 3k mark, where the increased turbo boost will make it's presence known :)

In any case, there are many threads like this on here, so save yourself some time and do a search on the theme.

Just drove over 200 miles today, A19, A1, M62, stuck it in 5th gear and never changed except to stop for fuel, coffee etc, averaged approx 37 mpg.
Driving Style and "Torque" I think.

Is the 25 figure from your DIS as that might not be very accurate, try working out how many miles you get to a tank if you dont already do that.

I drive like a granny now and the S3 has a CC1 remap and is returning 35mpg or 380miles to the tank.

I'm averaging around 28 or there about's around town and 35/36 on a good run, was slightly down at 24 around town before the remap. So it's actually better after a remap on my actual car providing you are light on the right foot. Loads worse if you plant it. Luckily i drive like a Grandad out on a sunday morning lol.

G

on my old quattro i found it hard to get over 27-28mpg. but on my 1.8t 150 i get about 35mpg on average which is nice. but i think its because im used to the power now and this one feels alot slower than my old a3 tq one so i dont even bother putting my foot down now.