Moxys glacier white s3

Moxy89

Reaction score
Had this 6 months now and only just put 1000 miles on her.

Spec as followed
2012 (62)
19k on the clock
1 previous owner
Black edition
DSG box

Plans.
Re spray as a rear quarter has been sprayed due to key mark and it's just a slightly different colour, being a detailed it's being treated to a complete spray.

Oh and a big turbo build.

First was a r8 oil cap and black caps to tidy up the bay

Next up was carbon engine cover and twin take.

Also black badges were fitted all round and the s3 badge removed.

Reactions: Raiden and Mujnu
Miltek cat back non res fitted

All cleaned, car is going fast road use, so ordered a set of mono tubes, next up is a set of alcons and speedline turnis.

Summer is full spray job the will concentrate on getting the power

Reactions: leshkin and Mujnu
I like the wheels:)
Not a fan of debadgeing or black rings on grill but thats ok.
List of places to get the parts along the way is always helpful for other looking to do the same ..;)

I'm not overly keen on black rings on the front, however I'm not paying audis mental prices for replacements :)

Few more carbon goodies are on route

Welcome to ASN.

What did you have in mind engine-wise?

Thinking a garret build, tbh the car is never driven however I've never finished a car! I want it very drive able so open to ideas! Just working non stop to pay for it, however suspension and brakes are my priority currently

Reactions: S3Alex
Car looks great. Where did you get the carbon engine cover?

Great car!
I believe that brakes and suspension are great start before getting into serious power. For engine build advices mr. S3Alex is your man!

Will be either Ap or Alcon brakes :) no point cutting corners

Reactions: S3Alex and S.
Thinking a garret build, tbh the car is never driven however I've never finished a car! I want it very drive able so open to ideas! Just working non stop to pay for it, however suspension and brakes are my priority currently

Brakes and suspension definitely.

They'll let you get the most from the car whatever you do,as the car is a bit wobbly from stock.
I've used both Alcon and AP previously,and have an AP kit on the car now.....I don't personally think there's much between them other than cost,with the Alcon kit being a bit pricier.

Turbo and engine builds....

Think very carefully about how much power you want first,as a good hybrid like the TTE420 will get you to around 420-440bhp,and save you the cost of an engine build,whereas a GTX3071 or bigger will put you into a bottom end build,and something like mine will mean a full build.
If I can help you spend your cash,let me know!

On
Brakes and suspension definitely.

They'll let you get the most from the car whatever you do,as the car is a bit wobbly from stock.
I've used both Alcon and AP previously,and have an AP kit on the car now.....I don't personally think there's much between them other than cost,with the Alcon kit being a bit pricier.

Turbo and engine builds....

Think very carefully about how much power you want first,as a good hybrid like the TTE420 will get you to around 420-440bhp,and save you the cost of an engine build,whereas a GTX3071 or bigger will put you into a bottom end build,and something like mine will mean a full build.
If I can help you spend your cash,let me know!

Your be helping alright, I was it to be fast but not to laggy, however I want slightly more power than what the tte420 has to offer! I'll send you a message when home mate

On

Your be helping alright, I was it to be fast but not to laggy, however I want slightly more power than what the tte420 has to offer! I'll send you a message when home mate

No problem.

I will be around this evening,and will reply then if not before.

On

IE engineering has a big turbo package for 2.0tfsi ( mk6 R) that they have released not too long ago. Spool should be similar to hybrid turbo, so should be better than big turbos. Power wise there are few stages of output depending on hardware but more than hybrid. Check that out.

IE engineering has a big turbo package for 2.0tfsi ( mk6 R) that they have released not too long ago. Spool should be similar to hybrid turbo, so should be better than big turbos. Power wise there are few stages of output depending on hardware but more than hybrid. Check that out.

Just a couple of points to consider.....

1.It's LHD only right now,but they do have plans for an RHD version at some stage.
2.Cast manifold,but looks OK,although not equal length branched with collector.

Having said that,I've bought a LOT of stuff from IE and their service and quality is excellent.

Reactions: S.

These arrived, H and R monotubes! Hoping there decent bit of kit, these will be fitted along with the h and r roll bar kit, next up Alcons :)

Remap booked, next up is to fit coilovers, roll bars and then fill poly bush it, aero catch , also consider getting a carbon boot made ☺️

H and R monotubes fitted! Can't fault them, excellent build quality, the ride is firm however it's handles stunning and as I rarely drive the car the ride isn't to much of a issue! Over the moon! Rarbs also fitted

Custom mapped due in 3 weeks! Carbon boot next :)

Reactions: Tom5190
Looks great. What's special about mono versus normal?

Monotube are a much better damper than twin port use, kW and the rest use twin port until they v3, I can honestly say I'm over the moon wit them! Epic handling

And no to the rs3 grill, looks better but money is better spent elsewhere currently

Hi mate do you have a link to the black badges? Thanks

Hey were purchased from
Ray well designs mate

Thanks for the kind words, custom map happening Friday, then it's carbon rear diffuser and front lip as I caught it going for a play on the country roads! Will updates with power runs Friday :)

So a small update, had the car mapped today and wow, I was very nervous it wasn't going to make even standard figures however it pulled a very comfy 281bhp, after the full custom map it's now pulling a very lively 318bhp, over the moon with the car, graph and mapper said as soon as box is mapped and fuel pump fitted with improve my torque graph massively

Reactions: S. and tonydata
Nice car, but in my opinion you made a mistake buying the miltech, you should have fitted a BCS Powervalve system.

Agree, however as a mate works for a company dealing with miltek I paid next to nothing for it :) so I'll get a custom one made soon

Agree, however as a mate works for a company dealing with miltek I paid next to nothing for it :) so I'll get a custom one made soon
Don't get a custom alot goes into developing a good system bcs tried tested and proven

Bcs it is! Yours sounded the nuts matt

Reactions: Smirky

Small update, a miltek down pipe and decat fell into my boot, the girlfriend doesn't believe me though,

Also Dsg remap booked in at amd, just hoping they can match my current map

Paint shop have given me a price for the spray, however I ordered some Matt back turinis instead , however this allows brakes to go on and then I'll get it painted later down the line

i made same mistake as you with the exhaust, i really dislike my milltek. rubbish fit and sounds rubbish too. quality really has dropped off with this company.

My cat back is spot on, miltek will only be on for a little bit, for the price I paid for it brand new I couldn't say no bud, I will be replacing with a bcs next year 100%

yeh think im going to go bcs soon as i have got the pump done.
im in same boat, i got the milltek so cheap i couldnt say no to it really. got mine through euro car parts.

Same pal, close mate works there so got it half price!

Nice car, but in my opinion you made a mistake buying the miltech, you should have fitted a BCS Powervalve system.

i made same mistake as you with the exhaust, i really dislike my milltek. rubbish fit and sounds rubbish too. quality really has dropped off with this company.

I know that the BCS Powervalve is obviously the superior exhaust system and the best available for the S3, however you have to pay an additional £600 (extras dependent) compared to a similar TBE from Milltek.

I'm interested in knowing why you guys aren't happy with your Milltek (sound wise) and what system you are running? TBE, CBE or DP plus whether it's De-Cat or Sports-Cat. Watching videos of exhausts is never going to be the same experience nor sound as hearing them in person, but after watching several S3 comparisons between the Milltek TBE Non-Res and BCS Powervalve TBE the difference didn't appear to be £600 worth.

I initially wanted a BCS Powervalve TBE and would love to be able to afford one, however that would add several months of saving & waiting to go stage 2 and I'm only going stage 2 as stage 2+ is such a long way off due to the funds required.. After reading countless reviews of happy S3 Milltek TBE owners, I decided to settle for a Milltek instead, especially as my local remapper does free fitment on them as well as discount.

Last edited:
Reactions: outsideline
Well some of us have/had issues with it some don't. mine is non res system with sports cat. I had to weld mine few times, when it was quite new, drone on motorway is present, not as a perfect fitment as it should be. You would expect top quality work for the price.

Reactions: Moxy89 and outsideline