Moving to the dark side

s3marc

S3 Sportback , Mythos Black
Reaction score
After 5 Audis in a row I have decided to move to a BMW M2 Competition. I always said that the S3 would be my last gas guzzler - but I am addicted to the noise of engines and its pretty difficult to find these days. Got a decent part-ex on my S3 and a good lump of discount on a brand new car - I don't smoke, nor particularly drink - cars are my drug.

So will now have to be more careful in planting my foot to the floor - no more 4 wheel drive to soak up all the power , just some electronics to reign in any slide (unless I turn it off !!!!)

Hopefully I will find a great bunch of people on a forum to get advice from and to generally read their comments , hopefully as good as this one. It has been a blast. I will still keep my username and pop in every so often to see what is going on.

Maybe one day Audi will realise how much we love to hear our engines but unfortunately for now the new ones are just too quiet.

All the best to everyone

Reactions: jimojameso, Audi Bairn, Jcbmally and 10 others
Enjoy your new car Marc. I’m sure we will hear all about your new car, maybe even a pic.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jcbmally, NevMan and 1 other person
Yep pics please or we might think you have just downsized to a Dacia Sandero :whistle2:

Reactions: Sandra, Audi Bairn, Jcbmally and 3 others
Yep pics please or we might think you have just downsized to a Dacia Sandero :whistle2:

Hopefully a couple of weeks to wait , fingers crossed COVID doesn't gets us all locked down again

Reactions: S32B, pburv and NevMan
Hopefully a couple of weeks to wait , fingers crossed COVID doesn't gets us all locked down again
I think if there is another lockdown it won't be 100% like the last one. I asked our production manager what would happen if there was another lockdown and his reply was "They will let us still come to work to produce cars" so obviously they have asked the question!

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, s3marc and 1 other person
M2 is not the dark side, Mercedes is.

That will be a great car, enjoy.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and s3marc
M2 is not the dark side, Mercedes is.

That will be a great car, enjoy.
Talking of BMW 's my son just delivered a very nice new M4 CP in San Marino Blue fully loaded...barring the external carbon pack, £3500 deposit £670@month.....WTF

Reactions: NevMan
I think if there is another lockdown it won't be 100% like the last one. I asked our production manager what would happen if there was another lockdown and his reply was "They will let us still come to work to produce cars" so obviously they have asked the question!

NEVER ever going to be another stupid lockdown like there was before....did'nt work then wont ******* work now.....just back from Turkey.....on Departure from Glasgow Airport.....which was a Ghost Town like....SAD.Got on a plane which was full....for 4 hours....going through Dalaman passport control their computers crashed there where 8 flights that all arrived at the same time so l was in the company of over A 1000 people stood in a space half the size of football pitch for nearly an hour...So on to my holiday....ALL Governments are singing off the same WHO Generic risk Assessment/Method statement......so this has been implemented to all hotels.......this is my 8th time between these 2 hotels..ie Sensatori/The Residence so l am very friendly with management and most of the long term staff....both hotels have been full since they opened up mid July....topic of conversation is mostly CV19.....they are just as dumb founded about this THING as most FOLKS in the UK.....The Turks are far more coherent/stricter with CV19 GUIDE LINES than here in the UK...........I didnt get the virus nor has anyone on both of my flights......ergo.....world has gone FUBAR over this ..........CAUSING MORE HARM THAN GOOD....by what they've done in the last 6 months................

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and pburv
NEVER ever going to be another stupid lockdown like there was before....did'nt work then wont ******* work now.....just back from Turkey.....on Departure from Glasgow Airport.....which was a Ghost Town like....SAD.Got on a plane which was full....for 4 hours....going through Dalaman passport control their computers crashed there where 8 flights that all arrived at the same time so l was in the company of over A 1000 people stood in a space half the size of football pitch for nearly an hour...So on to my holiday....ALL Governments are singing off the same WHO Generic risk Assessment/Method statement......so this has been implemented to all hotels.......this is my 8th time between these 2 hotels..ie Sensatori/The Residence so l am very friendly with management and most of the long term staff....both hotels have been full since they opened up mid July....topic of conversation is mostly CV19.....they are just as dumb founded about this THING as most FOLKS in the UK.....The Turks are far more coherent/stricter with CV19 GUIDE LINES than here in the UK...........I didnt get the virus nor has anyone on both of my flights......ergo.....world has gone FUBAR over this ..........CAUSING MORE HARM THAN GOOD....by what they've done in the last 6 months................
I agree mate. The cure is worse than the disease.

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and Jassyo06
Av known folks to pay £580@month for their S3's
I could have had two S3's on pcp for that compared to what I was paying. and still have £40 change in my pocket!:rockwoot:

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and Jassyo06
Not the old PCP monthly payment again, the M2 Competition is a £50K all day long even with a healthy discount. Unless you are putting down a serious deposit it will be around £600pm on a PCP.

After 5 Audis in a row I have decided to move to a BMW M2 Competition. I always said that the S3 would be my last gas guzzler - but I am addicted to the noise of engines and its pretty difficult to find these days. Got a decent part-ex on my S3 and a good lump of discount on a brand new car - I don't smoke, nor particularly drink - cars are my drug.

So will now have to be more careful in planting my foot to the floor - no more 4 wheel drive to soak up all the power , just some electronics to reign in any slide (unless I turn it off !!!!)

Hopefully I will find a great bunch of people on a forum to get advice from and to generally read their comments , hopefully as good as this one. It has been a blast. I will still keep my username and pop in every so often to see what is going on.

Maybe one day Audi will realise how much we love to hear our engines but unfortunately for now the new ones are just too quiet.

All the best to everyone

Did you go for new or pre-reg? Its a bit of a minefield on them at the moment and I am wondering if I got a good deal myself.

For me it had to have the M2 comfort pack and the M2 plus pack, I only really wanted a Hockenhiem silver one as well.

Did you go for new or pre-reg? Its a bit of a minefield on them at the moment and I am wondering if I got a good deal myself.

For me it had to have the M2 comfort pack and the M2 plus pack, I only really wanted a Hockenhiem silver one as well.

By the time you decide you really want a M2 CP.....they'll be all gone mate....as for your TCR....l would have sold that privately right at the beginning...A Clean Sheet .............that way you can simplify the car buying process....as you should know as you buy that many...lol

I was originally going for a pre-reg car , but walked away with a new car - comfort and plus pack in blue (which was my preferred colour) - £50k and £24k trade in on my S3 , seemed a reasonably deal to me. Second hand values are all over the place at the moment. S3 was 23.5k , then went up to 24k a week later , and this week down to 23k !!! So happy I got in when I did with the new car.

Reactions: NevMan, Chris4410, pburv and 1 other person
I was originally going for a pre-reg car , but walked away with a new car - comfort and plus pack in blue (which was my preferred colour) - £50k and £24k trade in on my S3 , seemed a reasonably deal to me. Second hand values are all over the place at the moment. S3 was 23.5k , then went up to 24k a week later , and this week down to 23k !!! So happy I got in when I did with the new car.

What year and mileage was your S3 ?

What year and mileage was your S3 ?
67 plate with 17k - probably would have got more privately , but not much fun selling expensive cars privately these days , too many d1ckhe8ds about

Reactions: NevMan, Bells, Chris4410 and 4 others
By the time you decide you really want a M2 CP.....they'll be all gone mate....as for your TCR....l would have sold that privately right at the beginning...A Clean Sheet .............that way you can simplify the car buying process....as you should know as you buy that many...lol

I got a car locally in the end, I was jut curious if it was a good deal or not. I picked up a brand new one in the colour I wanted with the plus and comfort packs for £49k. The dealer also took my TCR, I got within £500 of what I would have gotten selling it privately so didn’t bother as for an extra £500 it wasn’t worth the hassle.

Reactions: NevMan and Jcbmally
I got a car locally in the end, I was jut curious if it was a good deal or not. I picked up a brand new one in the colour I wanted with the plus and comfort packs for £49k. The dealer also took my TCR, I got within £500 of what I would have gotten selling it privately so didn’t bother as for an extra £500 it wasn’t worth the hassle.
Sorry if I'm sounding a bit thick but have you chopped the Golf in for an M car ?

Reactions: NevMan, Chris4410 and pburv

Wow, you do change cars often
Any pics?

Reactions: Jcbmally, Chris4410 and pburv
Wow, you do change cars often
Any pics?

I don’t have it yet, I originally went to this particular dealer to look a a long beach blue one they had in stock but I preferred a Hockenheim silver one they had but it was sold. But they were able to get me one from BMW central stock but it will be a few weeks before it gets to them.

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
I don’t have it yet, I originally went to this particular dealer to look a a long beach blue one they had in stock but I preferred a Hockenheim silver one they had but it was sold. But they were able to get me one from BMW central stock but it will be a few weeks before it gets to them.

Nice one. From TRL by any chance?

Even tho Long beach blue is a nice colour
Hockenheim silver is the best colour for the M2 imho Nice choice :icon thumright:

Does it have the blue interior trim ?

Reactions: NevMan and Chris4410
Hockenheim silver is the best colour for the M2 imho Nice choice :icon thumright:

Yep, it does.

Reactions: NevMan, KenL and Mr Freeze
Sounds brilliant. Make sure you post pics.

Reactions: pburv, Chris4410 and Jcbmally

Agree, would be my choice too

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally and Mr Freeze
Picked up my new M2 competition on Saturday , couple of really bad photos of it - why does the sun never shine when I pick up a car. So a few comments from my first few days. I love the car, it feels more urgent like you are constantly holding it back. The exhaust sounds great even though it has all the EU restrictions on it. I love the looks of the car - even its fat backside and exhaust back box and it is great not to have a black car for once (last 3 have all been black) , oh and the brakes - wow they are super sharp. What do I miss - the S3 gearbox is smoother and easier to drive in slow moving traffic - but maybe the BM will calm down a bit with use. The backseat passengers get no extras in the BM , it's a pretty basic rear seat with a single tray to put anything in , no side pockets or anything on the back of the seats. But do I care - No, I drive it and don't sit in the back :thumbs up:, and it will depreciate like mad - but maybe the prices will keep up now production of new ones has just stopped.

Attachments

• IMG_6668.jpg
    IMG_6668.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 221
  • IMG_6675.jpg
    IMG_6675.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 244
Reactions: KenL, S32B, BarryG79 and 5 others
Marc, the M2 Comps will not go down like the other BMW's
They are being touted as the best BMW's every made.
Also if you look at other M series used cars on Auto Trader, they are still holding their value very well.

I personally would have went for a 5dr due to re-sale value and my personal needs, but amazing looking car

Reactions: s3marc