Moving over to the" Dark Side" advice needed.........

S3 Dave

Now running on Heavy Oil
Reaction score
Hi All after 7 and a half years of many happy times I'm selling my Loyal 99 S3 and have put a deposit down on a 2007 A3 2.0l TDI 170 Quattro Sportback with 45k.

I just have a couple of points i'm sure someone can help with..........

What is the cambelt interval for the 2.0l tdi??
Does the rear diff oil require changing and if so what are the intervals??
Any othe advice or things to check?? Like don't fill it up with super unleaded lol
Just trying to make sure stuff is done so i don't get straight into servicing bills after buying it.

Any advice appreciated!!!!

Welcome to the Club Dave...unfortunately cant answer any of ya questions haha, recently did transition myself and havent looked back...so welcome anyway ;)

I thought you were going BMW! Phew!

Cambelt shud be 60k or 5 years really........

Just couldn't do it even though the 330d is a powerhouse just didn't feel right sat in the car lol

It's a sack of ****e my cousin has a 330d I'd rather have aids

Hahaha, That's a bit far fetched N8!!! :lmfao:

Although i'm not a massive fan of BM's.

Welcome along Dave, make sure you get some pics up of
you new ride!!!

It's a sack of ****e my cousin has a 330d I'd rather have aids
a mate of mine has not long bought a 330d and he loves it but he did say the other day my car was way more comfortable than his standard set up v-maxx ftw ,bmw set up
FTL (for the loss)lmao cant see why tho hahaha runflats anyone haha

Run flats are awful, and so are BMW, funny how they work together :laugh:
they go together so well dont they hahaha , have you driven a 1 series sport with the run flats omfg its prob more comfortable to drive down the road on your **** outside the car bumpy or what lol now they are awful

Just sold 2008 Quattro SB Tdi 170 and bought similar new 2011 BE... cracking cars .

I believe 4 years 60k miles whichever sooner VAG change their advice so ask a dealer who knows.

I'm sure on that one. The Haldex system is 40,000 miles...

Any othe advice or things to check?? Like don't fill it up with super unleaded lol

Try the Black stuff. Any Black stuff works for us. 35 mpg + out of 2008 and 40mpg + on new one and the new CR engine is so quiet too.

Just trying to make sure stuff is done so i don't get straight into servicing bills after buying it.

Audi have an over 3 year old deal at moment , worth a look. Where are you living?

Just sold 2008 Quattro SB Tdi 170 and bought similar new 2011 BE... cracking cars .

I believe 4 years 60k miles whichever sooner VAG change their advice so ask a dealer who knows.

I'm sure on that one. The Haldex system is 40,000 miles...

Try the Black stuff. Any Black stuff works for us. 35 mpg + out of 2008 and 40mpg + on new one and the new CR engine is so quiet too.

Audi have an over 3 year old deal at moment , worth a look. Where are you living?

I'm in west midlands south of Birmingham. Man 4yrs it used to be 6 and arn't things supposed to get better??

Hmmmm got to see iif it's been done or talk about price then. £399 at the stealers was £275 in the recession!

Check out MidlandVW in Cannock.
I got my cambelt and waterpump done for £310 a few months ago.

330d is the WRONG car. 320d with a remap isn't far off a 330d (at least on the e90 this is true). 335d is a different story all together, enough torque to pull the moon out of orbit. But as you all point out, it's better to just buy an Audi in the first place :) as BMW diesels are crap now. 1 series was the worst car we ever owned in terms of comfort, reliability and driving experience.

Ok So car picked up today Man I'm chuffed! 200 miles o just ofer a quater of a tank! So the car:
07 Akoya Silver 2.0 TDI 170 Quattro 45k
Heated Dark/light grey leather
Symphony with 6 disc
Centre arm rest
Auto lights
Auto dimming mirror
Rear sunblind
Rs4 Alloys

So first things first what version of vag com/vcds do i need? I have a "Dumb Interface cable" Will that work or will i also need a new cable.
First on the shopping list S3 pedals and TT vents!!

:w00t:

If your not a million miles from the city which has a cathedral bombed then I can help