Motul Oils/Fluids quantity's for S3

StevoS3

Reaction score
Ok doing the brake fluid and gearbox oil change soon and no sure how much of what I need.

Heard lots of good things about Motul so I think i'll go down that route. Any one know prices for stuff too?

also interested to know how much brake fluid i need!

the whole system is less than one litre but unless youre using an alternative coloured brake fluid, id buy two litres as you wont be able to tell easily when the old stuff stops and the new stuff starts.

for an easy life, use
maint_ate_super_blue_dot4_racing_brake_fluid_ATESB_lg.jpg

best to use dot 4 for the brake fluid? able to use dot 5?

DOT 5 is very moisture-absorbent and will not last as long, but very heat resistant. Hence it's use in racing application, where it will be replaced more often.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using DOT 4 for normal fast-road driving.

***.. people..
Dot 4 is std fitment grade of fluid, HOWEVER, there is a hell of a range of products which all fall into Dot 4 class, based on their hygroscopic properties.. (moisture absorbtion)
Dot 5.1 is the next level of less hygroscopic fluid, BUT, it does not make it a better high temp fluid..

Most racing fluids, like the Motul RBF600/660 I sell and use personally, are Dot4 fluids but have extremely high dry boil temps, which is why they are good fluids..

Dot5 is a silicon brake fluid and NOT what you want to be using in your system at all.... it is not compatible with other fluids.

Fluids for full bleed is between 2-3 bottles worth of Motul, which is 500ml bottles, so 1-1.5ltrs
Dot4 is supposed to be changed every 2 years in road cars, as the fluids take up moisture over the lifetime, and this reduces the boil point over time.

regards
bill