Motorway selling advice

Raul_sbd

Reaction score
As many in here I am considering on selling my Audi - I have got a Q2 and they are offering me 3k more than I paid 2 years ago. Car just have come out of warranty, it’s 2018 with 15k on the clock and in pristine condition.
I would like to know if anyone have sold via Motorway or We Buy Any car.. seems motorway could offer 1k extra comparing to WBAC
Car sits there as I am working from home and from A to B I can still use my gf Mini.. then save the money til the market normalises and buy another car next year (not sure which one).
Seems a non brainer sell now.. have some months on a sharing car and next year get a new car (usually I buy nearly new 1 year old max) and enjoy of 2 extra warranty years.. what do you reckon guys?

Reactions: NevMan
New car sales are low at the moment so next year there will be a lack supply of 1 year old cars to buy.

Check out wizzle.co.uk as a potential option if you decide to sell.

I've used Motorway, they are just a middle man. The actual offer comes from a dealer, once you accept, they arrange with you directly to collect and pay.

It seemed all straight forward , until the dealer took 3-4 days to reply to emails regarding collection and then finally tried to make arrangements three weeks later to collect the car. By this time, I had given up with them and sold it privately for more.

I've used Motorway, they are just a middle man. The actual offer comes from a dealer, once you accept, they arrange with you directly to collect and pay.

It seemed all straight forward , until the dealer took 3-4 days to reply to emails regarding collection and then finally tried to make arrangements three weeks later to collect the car. By this time, I had given up with them and sold it privately for more.
My sister recently used Motorway to sell her Fiesta. She uploaded the pictures and information they asked for to their website and they auctioned it! When it was done she just took her car to Arnold Clarke (highest bidder) they looked it over and paid her the money via bank transfer...dead easy. They didn't even try to knock her down on price.

My sister recently used Motorway to sell her Fiesta. She uploaded the pictures and information they asked for to their website and they auctioned it! When it was done she just took her car to Arnold Clarke (highest bidder) they looked it over and paid her the money via bank transfer...dead easy. They didn't even try to knock her down on price.

Yes the dealers bid on it.

The dealer who bought mine was 150 miles away, so I wasn't particularly inclined to be delivering it to them :)

Yes the dealers bid on it.

The dealer who bought mine was 150 miles away, so I wasn't particularly inclined to be delivering it to them :)
Lol you should have said £2 per mile :D

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan and Dubjam
Have sold two cars via motorway without issues. Both times they came and gave it a quick once over, then made payments to settle finance and balance to me. Painless.

On the poster about not hearing for two weeks, motorway usually get in touch quite quickly to make sure dealer has got in touch. They also have WhatsApp group so easy to chat to them or chase via that.

Also, don’t settle for their initial price suggestion. I asked for more and they then put that price on the auction, and it achieved a few hundred more than my price so happy as.

Latest was a 2020 Mini Cooper S, bought for £25,200 in Mar 20, sold for £23,601 in Jul 21. (It was on a 2 year 0% deal).

Have sold two cars via motorway without issues. Both times they came and gave it a quick once over, then made payments to settle finance and balance to me. Painless.

On the poster about not hearing for two weeks, motorway usually get in touch quite quickly to make sure dealer has got in touch. They also have WhatsApp group so easy to chat to them or chase via that.

Also, don’t settle for their initial price suggestion. I asked for more and they then put that price on the auction, and it achieved a few hundred more than my price so happy as.

Latest was a 2020 Mini Cooper S, bought for £25,200 in Mar 20, sold for £23,601 in Jul 21. (It was on a 2 year 0% deal).

Yes Motorway did get in touch, but as I said the dealer did get in touch but replies were few and far between, they elongated the process no end. I suspect by the sounds of it, just a bad egg. I would still try Motorway again in the future as it seems like there's lots of good success stories.