1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motor for intake manifold flap

John Clutton Apr 17, 2018

1. John Clutton

John Clutton New Member

i had mine tested and got a fault p3103, motor for intake manifold flap (v157) malfunction. Do i replace this part or clean the motor,also if i replace does it need recalabrating to the ecu and if so does anyone know the code for this?
    cheers

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

From reading around these units tend to fail and they either work or don’t, although some have achieved short-term success in cleaning them.
    I’ve just done this job on my car today and was a really easy job , 3 bolts with T30 heads hold it in.
    OK, the bolts are a bit tricky to get at but nothing impossible.
    Be aware that when these fail they also tend to blow one of the fuses in the radiator fan circuit (on the A3 anyway!) which then needs to be replaced or you will still get the engine management light on the dash.
    This caught me out today as I’d read it was Fuse 8 but in fact for my 2007 car proved to be Fuse 24 in the fusebox next to the battery.
    No calibration needed, just bolt it in, clear fault codes (and also fuse if yours has blown) and drive .

John Clutton likes this.
  4. John Clutton

John Clutton New Member

thanks Nessy

5. John Clutton

John Clutton New Member

this has now been replaced, but the shuddering is still happening. what is the next thing to try?

6. Sp3no82

Sp3no82 Member

Check all of your fuses

7. John Clutton

John Clutton New Member

all fuses checked and all are good

8. Sp3no82

Sp3no82 Member

I am having similar issued to you, I have just changed the ASV and it didn't stop the shudder, I checked everything I could and in the end I fiddled around with the connector on the wiring loom. The ASV now works intermittently so I belive it may be a bad connection in the plug. Worth a try