MOT

george forbes

Reaction score
car went through MOT today with 2 advisory's for brake pads wearing thin front and rear 1.1.13 (a) (ii) which looking up states less than 1.5mm depth left and listed as dangerous. should this have passed if correct ?

Irrespective of it being passed or not, the first job I's be doing is getting them changed straight away.

It isn't difficult if you are handy with the spanners or if not get a good garage to do them.

Reactions: pburv
Irrespective of it being passed or not, the first job I's be doing is getting them changed straight away.

It isn't difficult if you are handy with the spanners or if not get a good garage to do them.
Yeah i realise it's a piece of **** and always do my own but was more curious as to why the advisory states less than 1.5 mm when I know there.s a lot more than that left on them , does the advisory have to give a reason as such in that if they do get to less than 1.5 mm they will then be classed as dangerous even though they are not at that point yet

Yeah i realise it's a piece of **** and always do my own but was more curious as to why the advisory states less than 1.5 mm when I know there.s a lot more than that left on them , does the advisory have to give a reason as such in that if they do get to less than 1.5 mm they will then be classed as dangerous even though they are not at that point yet
It could depend on how the inspector measured your pads. if it was just a quick visual he probably didn't take into account a possible lip on the disc and took measurement from there??. I very much doubt any MOT inspector would remove pads to measure and then put them back.

can anyone confirm if these are the right pads for my motor. it's a 2015 s3 8v8FA 300HP hatchback.
https://www.motor-doctor.co.uk/brake-pads/audi/a3/a3-8v1/57438-s3-quattro

that’s what comes up for me on AUTODOC
Not 100% sure they are right. You can check it against the Audi part numbers.

Upload 2020 2 10 23 48 58