Mot question

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
evening guys.

My mot is due on 31st jan. it was due for service and mot tomorrow but I’ve has to have a emergency operation today so won’t be making it there tomorrow.

What’s the law on driving to and from a appointment. After your mot has expired ??

Thanks in advance

If the car does not have a valid MOT, you can drive directly to and from a pre-booked MOT test provided the car is insured.
JS

You need to have a 'booking appointment in order to drive 'legally' to your chosen MOT centre.

Sweet. That’ll do me. I don’t intend on driving in a hurry.

If your vehicle doesn't have an mot you can drive it to or from a pre-arranged mot or to or from a pre-arranged appointment to have defects remedied that were discovered on a previous test....just make sure the garage have you booked in along with your registration in case you get stopped on the way!

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Just don’t stop off at work or at the shops that’s when it becomes illegal. Directly to mot station and if it fails it directly to a repairer. No detours.

champions. As always you guys are speedy to respond. I won’t be going near work in a hurry. Prbz gonna need 8+ weeks off as I do quite abit of heavy lifting witch won’t help my healing

No need to get mot done at the last minute like most .

Peeps can present the car a month early , on passing will be a 13 month mot !

No need to get mot done at the last minute like most .

Peeps can present the car a month early , on passing will be a 13 month mot !

Yeah mate. I know I did have it booked in for 08:30 with a service tomorrow morning.

But I had to get a emergency operation today so I won’t be able to take car there tomorrow lol

Bit harsh having to sell that to get enough for the service and mot :frown:

Reactions: martin1984
Bit harsh having to sell that to get enough for the service and mot :frown:

Haha. Made me chuckle.

To think I’m only 27 and having problems with it for past couple years on and off but over last couple months it’s been constant. I’m glad they finall got to the bottom of it

You can have mine if you want , I don't know what it is so I guess I don't need it .

Good luck mate. Should be pretty routine ok. My Mum had hers removed when she was about 80!

You can have mine if you want , I don't know what it is so I guess I don't need it .

Yes you don’t need it. It’s to store bile to help digest fats, after it’s gone they say you can eat normally. Although some can have problems digesting fatty foods. But over all you should leave a normal life.

Good luck mate. Should be pretty routine ok. My Mum had hers removed when she was about 80!

Thanks buddy yeah not the kind of age I’d want to go through this. It’s a routeen op. I can do everything I could before. Apart from slower getting up with the aches in my belly lol.

You will be fine mate. I had mine done nearly 9yrs ago. Im 35. Routine operation but oyu will need a good few days to recover. The doctors always say you will be fine day after but you prob wont. Its a weird one the gallbladder. Im skinny, dont eat fatty foods but it really messed me up a few yrs ago. Had it out and fine ever since. No probs wat so ever. Everyone is different though, i know this as my mum also had it done and what works for her doesnt for me so its just a process to see whats right for you.

You will be fine mate. I had mine done nearly 9yrs ago. Im 35. Routine operation but oyu will need a good few days to recover. The doctors always say you will be fine day after but you prob wont. Its a weird one the gallbladder. Im skinny, dont eat fatty foods but it really messed me up a few yrs ago. Had it out and fine ever since. No probs wat so ever. Everyone is different though, i know this as my mum also had it done and what works for her doesnt for me so its just a process to see whats right for you.

Yeah that’s it like. I’m not the fittest person going I don’t work out or anything ( Prbz because I work at the local airport and that’s a work out in it’s self ) I’m not over weight or anything.

Mine wasn’t the worst seen I had some stones and some tar inside causing it for get inflamed and when I ate it irritated it causing me to end up with crampy aches every night and vomiting.

They originally said 2 weeks but then I told them where I worked and they said they’d recommend 6 weeks. Boredum will get the better of me no doubt

Reactions: Ormesome
I took another car (Smart Roadster Brabus) to Kwik-Fit for an MOT and they failed it as dangerous as a brake pad was supposedly pitted. They were charging a fortune (region of £250) for new pad and disc. Phoned my friend who has a garage and he changed both discs and pads for less! Meant I had to drive to him though (few miles away) with effectively no MOT as (AFAIK) once the car is deemed dangerous it nullifies any previous MOT (even if you have the full month to go if you take it in early). My friend then said they were talking rubbish, the pad wasn't great but definitely legal so I lodged a compliant against them and got an apology and the money I paid back.

Just a word of warning - make sure you MOT the car somewhere you trust as they can come out with all sorts of nonsense and leave you in the lurch if they deem the car dangerous, unless you get it towed somewhere else to get the repairs done (I don't believe breakdown cover would tow your car if you wanted to move it to another garage for repairs).

Best of luck with your op buddy!

I took another car (Smart Roadster Brabus) to Kwik-Fit for an MOT and they failed it as dangerous as a brake pad was supposedly pitted. They were charging a fortune (region of £250) for new pad and disc. Phoned my friend who has a garage and he changed both discs and pads for less! Meant I had to drive to him though (few miles away) with effectively no MOT as (AFAIK) once the car is deemed dangerous it nullifies any previous MOT (even if you have the full month to go if you take it in early). My friend then said they were talking rubbish, the pad wasn't great but definitely legal so I lodged a compliant against them and got an apology and the money I paid back.

Just a word of warning - make sure you MOT the car somewhere you trust as they can come out with all sorts of nonsense and leave you in the lurch if they deem the car dangerous, unless you get it towed somewhere else to get the repairs done (I don't believe breakdown cover would tow your car if you wanted to move it to another garage for repairs).

Thanks buddy I went down 2pm yday and back home by 9, and I’m taking it to a Audi spesilist they seem very friendly and fair That’s all you can ask from a garage.

Ah, The Smart Roadster! Did you have the Coupe? that's the one car i wish i had kept. Such fun. The one that got away!!

I've still got it (actually it's my father-in-law's but he's almost 75 and with double knee replacements so he can barely get in...or should I say out!), it's the Roadster Brabus Xclusive with soft top. Lovely nippy little car but I wanted an upgrade in power hence the S3 (from 100 bhp to 300!) but I still love driving it around, the engine has a lovely growl to it and it's very rare nowadays, less than 500 in the UK of that particular variant.

I've still got it (actually it's my father-in-law's but he's almost 75 and with double knee replacements so he can barely get in...or should I say out!), it's the Roadster Brabus Xclusive with soft top. Lovely nippy little car but I wanted an upgrade in power hence the S3 (from 100 bhp to 300!) but I still love driving it around, the engine has a lovely growl to it and it's very rare nowadays, less than 500 in the UK of that particular variant.

Love it! I bet that's such a beast. The normal engine without tuning was pretty nippy, although it was defo because your sitting so close to the ground, this became apparent when trying to overtake anything faster than a bicycle or tractor!! what BHP does the Brabus have? I actually had 2. I had the Coupe and the Roadster. Really prefer the coupes looks and practicality but both drive the same. One of those would really suit as a weekend toy as mine used to do 50mpg.

Yeah I love the Roadie, great fun and I get 50-60 mpg. It's 101 bhp which is not bad considering it's a 698cc engine but then again it weighs around 800kg! Can go up to nearer 150 bhp with some remapping etc

I've attached some pics

Attachments

• Front Shot.png
    Front Shot.png
    754.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Rear Shot.png
    Rear Shot.png
    983.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Sideways.png
    Sideways.png
    1 MB · Views: 106
Reactions: TYb and Ormesome
Yeah I love the Roadie, great fun and I get 50-60 mpg. It's 101 bhp which is not bad considering it's a 698cc engine but then again it weighs around 800kg! Can go up to nearer 150 bhp with some remapping etc

I've attached some pics

Looks great. Very similar to my Roadster but yours has the Brabus extras. I actually owned my Roadster twice. Sold it cos I moved abroad but when I came back around a year later, she was up for sale! So I bought her back from the guy i sold her to! The red Coupe is the one i should have kept. Lovely car. Defo a future classic. For sure worth keeping and if anything just putting in a garage. Prices can only go up. Sorry for going off topic. Hopefully, the sight of some Smarts will cheer up the OP after his operation!!

Screenshot 2019 01 29 at 193512 Screenshot 2019 01 29 at 192905

Haha yeah we've gone off topic a little bit! Funny story about buying it twice!

Yeah mine's definitely a keeper, it had done 7k miles when I started driving it around 8 years ago and now it's still only on 35k (drove it as my daily car for a good while, until recently as I figured with 2 kids we need 2 family cars hence the S3). Met another guy at a petrol station with the same car with 90k miles on it! Spent on a fortune on this one when I parked it on an angle and went on holiday to find a swimming pool inside and a wet SAM unit which fried all the door motors etc when I tried starting it! Last few years have been very cheap though luckily :)