MOT fail. Whats the best option guy's

Snash7

Reaction score
Morning guy's
had my mot today and it failed on nearside rear shock which is abit of N ****.
I know its always best to change both instead of one but i want to get the jom coilover's
i asked Mr clutch how much thry would charge to fit and they came back to me at £296.69
which i thought was insane. I need to do something but abit of a novice at these kinds
of things. Is there anything else i would need for the coilovers.

I dont know what my best option is as havent got hundredsto spend
thanks in advance Grant

Almost £300 quid for just fitting? Jesus!!

The rears are a piece of cake, I've not done it before, and I managed it, the fronts can be a PITA, but I managed it on my own on my sloped drive!! You need a hub splitter tool though! With experience, I'd say half a day, less if you have a helping hand on axle stands! Still need your tracking done afterwards, or 4 wheel alignment, if you are anal about it.

Thanks for the reply mate.
Yeah tey take the **** and as you said thats only fitting.
Do you know if i get the jom set up does it come with everything i need to replace the suspension.
Only got 10 days really want to give it ago but dont want to break anything or get stuck and wont
be able to use the car.
Thanks again

Yeah they come with everything needed but I'd advise getting a better brand,imbon my 3rd leaking shock now

iv heard the fk coilovers are good and cheap too, come with the drop links needed. £220 on egay.