MOT Extension's from March 30th 2020 , info update.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just a heads up really chaps.
If you are one of the many that has an MOT due after the 30th march 2020 you will most probably already be fully aware of the extension period the DVSA has applied.
What you may not be aware of the time period when MOT are actually being updated.
So , they say it wont happen straight away and if your car's date has not changed check back again at a later date.
I did query this with them last week and I received the official statement reply that we all received but with a more specific note that clears up things fully.

Have a read , hope that it helps put your mind at rest.

"DVSA will start moving MOT expiry dates automatically in the MOT system from 30 March 2020. This will initially be done in a few batches, so that after a few days they are working 7 days ahead. That will mean, say, that every Tuesday – the following Tuesday’s tests are moved 6 months ahead.

I hope this information has assisted you with your enquiry, but if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again. "

Kind Regards

there you go :icon thumright:
Rob

Last edited:
My boss has already warned me that when we can re open we will be putting in sone very extended hours to catch up on missed MOT and services

the joys of working for a main dealer !

At least I’ll be able to get back some of the lost wages !

Reactions: Charlie Farley