1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Mot/decat woes...

Tom93 Mar 29, 2016

1. Tom93

Tom93 Active Member

Will i pass emmisions with a decat? Is it even that simple? Does engine health and all that **** come into play? I have a sports cat and some v bands but the longlife dealer i went to threw a paddy about putting it all together... Then i got told the age old "that 3" downpipe is losing you power, theres no back pressure there at all" yeah um im gonna take this somewhere else mate cheers!

But now im wandering if i should just wing it with no cat :/

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. scotty_24

scotty_24 Well-Known Member

Theres no back pressure?

My God.
    Take it to someone that knows the crack for Gods sake.

As for MOT, It needs a cat. Unless you know someone who likes beer tokens.

4. Tom93

Tom93 Active Member

You would of thought a longlife dealer would know better ay?

My tester would be ok with no cat , but im not sure what will come of the emissions test...

5. daz-20vt

daz-20vt Well-Known Member

ask your tester
    if he will sort the emissions test
    stop being a girl and do it

6. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Back pressure is relevant for normally aspirated engines not turbo engines...

<tuffty/>

7. superkarl

superkarl MAN OF STEEL

The tester will just dip the probe in a conveniently placed and running, emissions passing car. Naughty, but as long as the car is safe (not for the environment) then who cares. It is tricky finding someone who can do it for those who don't have family or friends in the business, as they can get really ****** over.

8. Tom93

Tom93 Active Member

I thought thats how its done, not sure if my tester will go that far. And like you say even though i know my stuff its hard to find someone to stick their neck out :/

9. ayfreetee

ayfreetee Well-Known Member

Long life dealers are just a bunch of tyre fitters who've had a few welding lessons, I've seen some really bad restrictive systems with even worse welding, done by long life/ powerflow, had one on my old ST200, I removed it and re welded every joint, it looked like a badly trained monkey had put it together.

10. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi S3

Be like me and have a cat section/ decay section v-banded :D

11. Tom93

Tom93 Active Member

I actually have a cat and vbands here ready to go, that was/is the plan. Guess the guy at the exhaust place wasnt comfortable doing it :/