Most frustrating hour of my life!

rhys084

Reaction score
Changing the sidelight bulbs on my car. After much swearing and gritting of teeth i managed to remove the driver side bulb and replace it but the passenger side i failed. Just couldn't get the holder to release from the reflector!

Got to be the least user friendly design i've ever come across! My old 3 series by comparison was 1 billion times easier to change!

2 T30 torx bolts hold the headlamp on - with a bit of wobbling/abuse/swearing it comes out the front of the body and gives much better access to replace all bulbs.

2 T30 torx bolts hold the headlamp on - with a bit of wobbling/abuse/swearing it comes out the front of the body and gives much better access to replace all bulbs.

Yeah thanks for that, that'll be plan for the weekend, I just had a spare hour today and didn't want to take it out in that manner under a time pressure.

Success!

Had a spare hour so was going to remove the headlight as above, but didn't have a long enough torx bit to reach the "hidden" bolt. Instead I removed the black bracket/holder "thingy" to the left of the power steering reservoir that was holding part of the wiring loom in place and this gave me just enough space to get the purchase i needed to remove the holder.