More tailgate woes... Central locking not working.

amimmortal

Reaction score
i've just noticed that the tailgate lock isn't working. I can activate the central locking and the alarm, but i can still open the boot...

Can the water ingress have anything to do with this?

Quite worried as the car is left outside and i'm concerned at what this might cost to fix...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

A.

Can you open it from the inside, if your car is a C6 chassis, there should be a little catch behind the Triangle cover so that you can open the boot. Then you will be able to access the mechanism to see if its got any damage.

It's a 54 plate final edition - i.e. it's not the current style, so would that make it a C6? You can check my garage pics to confirm.

I'm not able to see anything behind the triangle cover either. Any other ideas?

Cheers,
A.

i had an issue with mine some time ago, although it is a saloon not an avant so there may be differences.. but..

check if you can manually lock the boot with the key.

lock and unlock the car with the remote whilst listening to the lock area.

if you can hear the actuator moving that should indicate the wiring and actuator are ok.

if you are able to manually lock the tail gate you will need to remove the inner cover as there is an arm connecting the actuator to the mechanism - mine had broken.

i tried numerous times to repair this arm and it never worked more than a couple of times.

i ended up putting a new one in.

just some thoughts for you to try

I can manually lock the boot, so I suppose that's the major worry out of the way. I think with the tailgate leak and everything I'll need to have it looked at...

Cheers,
A.