More subforums?

Should there be more subforums added to each A3 chassis forum?

• Total voters

absolutehype

Web Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ah-studios.com
Hey,

I am very new to this forum (joined yesterday) and have come from a Fiesta ST forum (my old car). One thing I have noticed since visiting this forum is just how disorganised the forum is, have found it really hard to find topics relating to electronics/tuning etc for the 8P chassis. Questions about an electrical component relating to the 8P A3 should be posted in this forum, but surely they should be posted into a specific electrical section. The forum search is really buggy and not coming up with results for half the things I type. A better organised forum would be awesome.

An example on my old forum:

Fiesta ST Techncial Handbook - Fiesta ST Owners Club

It's really not hard to add but would make things a lot nicer! I am picking up my A3 early next year, and finding a good forum is a pretty important part of the experience :)

Thoughts?

This forum is full of bugs. It`s better then what it was after a so called site update that screwed everything thing up about a year ago but this is what you get. Several other web designers that are on site have offered to help sort the site out but admin have turned them down and not even in a very polite manner sometimes.

This has been done to some sections and they have just died a death.

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the suggestions.

I have moved this to a relevent section.

Why has this been moved to the welcome section? I have already posted a topic in the welcome section. This was posted in the general section of the 8P A3 forum because there are 252,828 unsorted posts there. Hardly anyone is interested in reading the new members section and I posted it where I did because I wanted to hear what everyone thought. It isn't really a relevant section :/

Hi

:sign_welcome:

I rekon it should have been moved from the 8P section as your question is not car related. However i would have moved it to this section Site Support & Announcements, but im not a mod.

Right, next point, you say you posted it in the A3-8P section because nobody really bothers to read the welcome section... doesn't this go against your request to fragment the site further...? now your complaining that somebody has taken their time to organize your post into the correct sub-forum... lol

I do get your point, but i find this amusing none the less

Why has this been moved to the welcome section? I have already posted a topic in the welcome section. This was posted in the general section of the 8P A3 forum because there are 252,828 unsorted posts there. Hardly anyone is interested in reading the new members section and I posted it where I did because I wanted to hear what everyone thought. It isn't really a relevant section :/

If you would like me to close it I can.

TBH i just moved it from 8P seeing it wasn't 8P related.

I will put it into an even slower moving forum section for you as per request. Thanks again for your input

Hey,

I am very new to this forum (joined yesterday) and have come from a Fiesta ST forum (my old car). One thing I have noticed since visiting this forum is just how disorganised the forum is, have found it really hard to find topics relating to electronics/tuning etc for the 8P chassis. Questions about an electrical component relating to the 8P A3 should be posted in this forum, but surely they should be posted into a specific electrical section. The forum search is really buggy and not coming up with results for half the things I type. A better organised forum would be awesome.

An example on my old forum:

Fiesta ST Techncial Handbook - Fiesta ST Owners Club

It's really not hard to add but would make things a lot nicer! I am picking up my A3 early next year, and finding a good forum is a pretty important part of the experience :)

Thoughts?

Just FYI, I voted 'NO'(looks like I'm the only one lol)

I can see how it would work on a model specific forum, but this is Audi-sport, not Audi8PA3.net, and with the amount of seperate forums the admin/mods need to look after as it is, I don't see see any point of having subforums. We already tried in the past with 8P1/2/3, but it was a massive FAIL.

Best to make use of the 'search' function really, but I understand that has it's limit on finding certain things also.

I am obviously very new to the forum so I am unfamiliar with previous design changes, unsuccessful or not. I just think that for people like me who are fairly new or infrequent users of the forum, having some more structured forum categories will help people find topics they might not have otherwise seen. For example, let's say I want to find topics about known faults with the car. Currently I have two choices, a forum search or to look through all of the topics in the forum in chronological order. Searching the forum for fault/problem could return back all sorts of strange posts e.g. "Anyone fitted a boost guage to a 2.5 V6 Tdi ?" and "Audi Driver's International - 9th October 2010 - ***Official Thread***" which are both topics in which someone has used the words fault/problem.

All I am saying is, I'm new to the site and I want to find out if the A3 has any known problems it's a pain in the backside. At least by organising subforums a bit better and adding for example:

- Faults, Problems and Solutions
Common problems / faults and their solutions.

That is one very big part of my search for information solved, I can simply then do a search for 'engine' in that subforum and know that I will pretty much get exactly what i'm after.

This forum has 17,348 threads and 253,128 posts. That's a wealth of information that is pretty tucked away. Unfortunately the vBulletin search is pretty crap, it's no Google and can't be relied on :/

Also, lets say I am going looking for inspiration for things to modify on my car ICE wise or Engine wise... It's much nicer to search through a subforum!

Just my two cents, as a web developer / designer... :)

Last edited:
By your logic then you want eleventy billion subforums to search.

I don't know what invasion search is like, we have the Vbulliten one on here that has recently been search engine optomised, I have no problem searching, maybe you should narrow your search perameters a bit

The stickies at the top of the forum section is where the common fail points are, or common mods, a look through there maybe fruitful?

Last edited:
I am obviously very new to the forum so I am unfamiliar with previous design changes, unsuccessful or not. I just think that for people like me who are fairly new or infrequent users of the forum, having some more structured forum categories will help people find topics they might not have otherwise seen. For example, let's say I want to find topics about known faults with the car. Currently I have two choices, a forum search or to look through all of the topics in the forum in chronological order. Searching the forum for fault/problem could return back all sorts of strange posts e.g. "Anyone fitted a boost guage to a 2.5 V6 Tdi ?" and "Audi Driver's International - 9th October 2010 - ***Official Thread***" which are both topics in which someone has used the words fault/problem.

All I am saying is, I'm new to the site and I want to find out if the A3 has any known problems it's a pain in the backside. At least by organising subforums a bit better and adding for example:

- Faults, Problems and Solutions
Common problems / faults and their solutions.

That is one very big part of my search for information solved, I can simply then do a search for 'engine' in that subforum and know that I will pretty much get exactly what i'm after.

This forum has 17,348 threads and 253,128 posts. That's a wealth of information that is pretty tucked away. Unfortunately the Invision Board search is pretty crap, it's no Google and can't be relied on :/

Also, lets say I am going looking for inspiration for things to modify on my car ICE wise or Engine wise... It's much nicer to search through a subforum!

Just my two cents, as a web developer / designer... :)

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you need to know about common problem's / fault's with regard's to the A3 do what the rest of us do and ASK.

They have a similar system on UKMKIVS.net but as its pretty much only a golf forum it makes sense as this is an audi forum it covers all the cars so there would be a stupid amount of sub forums and not to mention sorting the existing threads into sub forums would be insane even though i voted yes it seems like alot of work.