more reto-fit parts to go on the cabriolet!

andyccr

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet
Reaction score
Just got another couple of bits for the cabriolet.

Just fitted a genuine 2006 B7 RS4 cabriolet carbon interior trim that I managed to get for a steal of a price (£260)! This was all 4 door caps, glovebox trim, gear gaitor and ashtray and the piece around the headlamp switch. Gave it a good polish up and it looks amazing. I think the carbon goes well with the red leather ..........

Now in the post today came this :

2006 RS4 starter switch. Thought I'd take it apart so you could see what is actually inside! No relays, no processors, just a small microswitch and 4 red LEDs! Will just run some new cabling from the roof switch for the illuminiation and just another pair from the ignition barrel to get the starter working properly. Might need a relay to step the current control up. Will investigate in the week !

Then I've also got this : 2007 Euro spec interior mirror with self dimming function, temperature display and compass display. This will be wired in to dim my exterior wing mirrors too ! :) It also came with the rain sensor, so will be looking to retrofit the autowipers too.

I'm also going to build a small processor board to get the alarm keyfobs to open and close fold the mirrors (I've already got elec folding mirrors as you can see in the top pic).

Also got the RS4 interior door handles coming next week along with the ambient lights for them too. Also ordered the interior lamps for the front and rear footwells.

As well as this I've got some decent 50watt 6 ohm load resistors so I can put some LED rear indicators into my 2007 spec rear lamp clusters.

I'm looking for someone local (Essex-ish) to help me master VAGCOM so I can also retrofit cruise control next month.

Just as well the weather is getting better down south, so I can work on the car more!

Feel free to ask about any parts / fitting etc if you want to !

OEM retro is the only way to go !!!

Andy

Some good projects there to keep you busy! I've done the cruise and auto-dimming door mirrors - well worth the effort IMO.

£260 for the carbon trim is a very good price, I couldnt find a set for the saloon for under £700! So my mate is making a set instead, hopefully they should be complete this week.

jeeees, i wish i had the balls to do half the stuff u crazy mofo's do. i just about managed to remove my headlight the other week which was a struggle enough in itself

Hey Chris, well one thing to remember is that my background is car audio / security and tech support for many years now (I'm only 31 though!!). So retrofitting stuff like this is no problem. I think a lot of people are scared to touch 'expensive' cars in case they 'break' stuff that isn't cheap to repair.

And also its also about being lucky on ebay / internet for a lot of the parts, so if you do break something its not a problem. I'll never attempt to modify / change something UNLESS I have a backup plan and parts !

If anyone ever wants any help with stuff then please let me know.

As for removing headlamps, cabrios only have three bolts holding them in.

Andy

Andy I see from your sig you have RS4 folding mirrors? How did you achieve this?

RS4 / S4 mirrors. Not the new twin 'fin' M3 style ones as seen on the late B7 RS4s

andyccr said:
RS4 / S4 mirrors. Not the new twin 'fin' M3 style ones as seen on the late B7 RS4s

Thanks for clarification:icon_thumright: Almost had my wallet out there!