More power please

Turbo dale

Reaction score
Hi all, I own a 98 Audi A3 1.8T and am wanting more boost and more power. Just wanted to know what the best ways are to gain this? I have a front mounted inter cooler and a power flow exhaust fitted but am not sure if this has done much. Not sure if the turbo is a Ko3 or a Ko3s so maybe a turbo upgrade?! Also am thinking of a chip and remap but should this be done after any other upgrades?

Many thanks

Dale

Hey, what engine code do you have, and changing your turbo intake pipe could give you more power imo

Not sure what the engine code is where can I find out what it is? If I change the intake pipe should I be changing the turbo as well?

98 will very likely be AGU if you have a 1.8t

Yes it's a 1.8T, so what up grades are best for power/boost gain?

Definitely a remap.
The car's engine code should be in a few places, ie on the passenger windscreen, tailgate, engine bay and of course your log book. I dunno what you call it over there, it might a called V5. Anyway, the reason being is the earlier models have a more primitive turbo and ECU which will give a ever so slight smaller power gain. I'd imagine engine tuners like Revo, AMD won't to be too far from you, so give em a call.

Hi all the engine code is AGU Does that mean it's fitted with a Ko3 turbo? If so how much difference is the Ko3s? And should I need any more upgrades if I change the turbo?

Direct fit to Ko3s turbo on AGU, All AGU's have the Ko3 standard. in stickies is a breakdown of engine codes that have : Ko3/s,VVTI etc have a look, Cheers buddy

Thanks for the feed back am defo going for the Ko3s upgrade and remap. Also thinking about some sort of induction kit but not sure which one plus not got much room because of intercooler, any ideas?

s3 injectors if going ko3s

Really? Didnt think it was needed unless goin hybrid.

As for the OP question, go jetex filter, unless your going smoothed and swiss cheese the oem air box. Add a all the above aswel as a downpipe and decat/sports cat. And youve got a sorted (hate to say it lol) stage 2 setup. Good luck with the persuit of power, its exspensive :broke

Ok first off these engines base everything on airflow.

So you can make all the mods under the sun, but without a remap you wont get any more power, the ECU just turns the boost down and you end up at the same figure.

If your going for a customised remap, then getting all the mods in place first makes sense, however if its an off the shelf "stage1" type map, then you can just go ahead and do it without waiting.

If your going K03S you'll need a customised map, however a lot of tuners will do a deal where they'll install a map to meet your current mods, then tweak it for a reduced fee once you upgrade further in the future.

I'd probably go down this latter route, get the car mapped as it stands, and you can enjoy increased performance until you've sorted out the other mods.

Reactions: deeman88
Welcome to my world mate just do a nice remap then enjoy it then decide wether to go for k03s or k04 mate I love my k03s and car does drive so great but now I'm wanting more power so k04 turbo here I come or bust lol!!

Right I've decided am going for Ko3s, jetex filter, 3" down pipe and de-cat then a remap, see what that gets me! Have I missed anything? Just someone has said I need S3 injectors if am going Ko3s?! Thanks again for all the feed back I'll post pictures and stats in the near future

Don't need S3 injectors for a K03s... only need them for a K03 hybrid...

<tuffty/>

Any chance of anyone knowing where I can get a brand new Ko3s from? looked all over the Internet and can't find anything apart from Ko3 and Ko4?!

Any chance of anyone knowing where I can get a brand new Ko3s from? looked all over the Internet and can't find anything apart from Ko3 and Ko4?!

Audi dealer will sell you a new/recon one... CR Turbos will refurb or sell you a built turbo for cheaper than Audi will...

<tuffty/>