more mellow music....

myzeneye

Reaction score
for those of you who enjoy a bit of mellow guitar based music.....may i recomend stephen fretwell....Magpie.......
very easy going.
very very good.....

Album Description
Born in Scunthorpe but now living in Manchester, Stephen Fretwell is a 23 year old singer songwriter; though listening to his songs you might expect him to be older. After testing the water with several big name producers, Stephen decided to produce his debut album himself and Magpie was recorded at Abbey Road studios. This debut album from the Salford-based singer/songwriter is very infectious with echoes of Dylan throughout: he writes music that you don't mind having stuck in your head.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

no one else gonna try this album then????
if you like cold play, damien rice, travis kind of music..... its a bit like that only better. much much better..
if you download another album ever, make it this one..its just lovely....
top tracks include "lost without you" and " new york".... but in all honesty, there all great...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN...2671909-1657269

anyone wants a sample send me your email address.

curry milk shake.... iknow you like the same type music as me.... ill compress some tracks and send you them.......

far to often artists just come and go by the by purley through poor levels of publicity and because their a name noone has heard before..... this guy desereves recognition, imho, he is far more talented than chriss martin, whom he is often compared with............
i know some of you may be thinking, why's old myzeneye giving this album the hard sell..... but ive told you all before, i just love music and i love to share it too.

IMHO, Chris Martin is a self-righteous, whingeing tw@t, with only limited song-writing talent, and slightly less singing talent.

'...echoes of Dylan...'??
Listen to the real thing at Brixton Academy, end of November.

good lad tubtub.. .. .i hope to see if if he comes up tp liverpool, im sure he will....... yes, the qoute was the first one i pulled off the amazon.uk reveiw, i didnt much hear any dylan influence apart from an odd harmonica, which i thought sounded more like neil young anyhoo..??

MZ - The tracks are great...

As are the Adem stuff too!

Thanks mate!!!