More Facelift S3 Pics

Nope, sorry, yuk. LEDs look like an after thought and then ran out half way along the top row. Naff.

Quite like the wheels though...

Well just been on the Audi website and the Audi A3 is missing from the configurator, only has the A3 Cab so must be getting ready to put the new one on, all I can say is about bl*ody time!

Mark

Was able to spec a new S3 about 3-4 weeks ago. Even had about 4 different wheels types too...

Wing mirrors are you huge! Look like ****** air brakes.

Like the rear lights on the 3-door but not much else. Certainly not worth trading in for.

Like the white on black DIS too, shame the air-con display isn't the same though.

It's not a huge difference is it, but I do think it looks good.
3 door Rear lights are nice, though I thought looked a little fussy in some shots, where they come round to the side of the car.
Also noticed that the silver insert/diffuser in the rear bumper sticks out a lot more.
I do like the new crease in the bonnet, as it comes down around the grill - seems to cradle the big audi grill.
Still unsure on those headlights, I mean I like them, but you can almost sense that they have had a real challenge making it all work in that size unit - seems real busy.

I know fine well, the first one I see on the road is going to get me speaking to the dealer again!!!

JamS3 - do you kow when yours is set to arrive??

Jamie

Mine has build week of fisrt week in August for delivery 2-3 weeks after that. Should be collecting 1st Sep. I specced it using the S3 configurator on the Audi site and using some of the new A3 cab options as they will be the same. This was a few weeks ago.

Everyone seems to think the mirrors have got bigger but I will think you will find they only look bigger as the indicator has just been slid in at the bottom of the existing mirror making it only look bigger.

odd isn't it - somewhere I read an article on upgrading a 2 grille 8P to single frame. The bonnet had to be relpaced because the 'old' grille was flatter over the top edge. It looks to me as though the new (NEW) grille is flat like the old one..... Guess that means a new (very new) grille might fit an early 8P?!!!:yes:

Jamie

Mine has build week of fisrt week in August for delivery 2-3 weeks after that. Should be collecting 1st Sep. I specced it using the S3 configurator on the Audi site and using some of the new A3 cab options as they will be the same. This was a few weeks ago.

Everyone seems to think the mirrors have got bigger but I will think you will find they only look bigger as the indicator has just been slid in at the bottom of the existing mirror making it only look bigger.

I'll look forward to a review when you pick it up. :)
Regarding the mirrors, I think they are definately bigger, just compared one of the shots on the link against a shot of mine and they definately go further up the window frame, and come down a bit lower too. The thing is, in no time they will look normal - change is good!!!

The wheels and the mirrors are not very nice, the rest of it is ok, no better or worse than the current car, just different.

I saw a TT-S in the dealers the other day with the same wheels on.

Are these the new Std " S " wheel?

p

Yea they are, just like they are slowly making the RS4's S-Line wheels I think. The new RS wheels will probably look like the RS6's 3 segment alloys which looks totally awesome imo

I think it's a good idea to have a " S " and a " RS " wheel for the range's.

p

yep, gives the products a more unique look as Audi's designs are very subtle (A good thing in my book). Some people cant even tell the different between an A4 and a RS4 without looking at the badges.

Not impressed at all. Looks even more like an S-line than the current S3. Front looks less agressive also. Other people have mentioned the wing mirrors and i agree....they're way too big. No doubt to incorporate the new Golf style repeaters.

Growing on me. Starting to think it looks better than current S3...

I like the car... I like the alluminum/chrome sorroundings on the fog lights, I like the rear tail lights with the 3D effect started on the new TT.

I don't like the DLR LEDS, to "squary" shape, don't like the new wing mirrors and the wheels...

In general I find the car looks nice but like said before not enough to make me change my "old" model....

When a completely new S3 comes along than it will be an option until then, in the S3 department I am quite happy with mine... I don't follow trends or the Joneses...

Pedro

I think, as with all new models (apart from a few) it takes time to get used to. I found it with my R, I still prefer the Mk4 but the Mk5 has slowly grown on me. For a buyer that didn't have a Mk1 8P S3 I like the look of the facelift. I do prefer the mirrors on the ealrier model though :) :superman:

Looking at these photos again, I don't like the new "ribs" which now cut across the foglights. Looks far less aggressive than the current honeycomb design and a lot more S-Line - like.

Hadn't noticed them before - now I can't see anything else.

It's lost a bit of aggression with the headlights, but still very modern. Wheels are an improvement I think - they look great.

I think, as with all new models (apart from a few) it takes time to get used to. I found it with my R, I still prefer the Mk4 but the Mk5 has slowly grown on me. For a buyer that didn't have a Mk1 8P S3 I like the look of the facelift. I do prefer the mirrors on the ealrier model though :) :superman:
I agree. In fact, I find that if I like the look of a car as soon as it is launched it tends to get a bit dated over time, whereas if I am uncertain about it at first it will tend to grow on me over time.

Mmm jury's still out for me, need to see one in the flesh, can't see me changing mine though just for a pr of Dame Ednas glasses on my headlights. Don't like the wheels, kinda like the bonnet and the grill.

Mark

I think the Sport back looks awesome- it looks like a mini RS4. Looks alot better than the 3 door red one they have shown at the start but maybe it's just the colour - sprint blue looks great on that S/B.

Cant work out whether i like it more - less or just the same. I do however agree with someone's earlier post that the lights look like an after thought IMO.