More facelift pics...Monza Silver and Lava Grey

Sem

Reaction score
Took a trip to Sutton Coldfield Audi this afternoon and came across these, thought i'd get some quick pics.

I was considering Monza Silver at one point but having seen it in the flesh today i'm undecided. It looked like a dirty/unwashed silver when you look at it next to Ice Silver but at some angles it looked quite nice.

This one was a 2.0T S-line with privacy glass.

P4180010.jpg

P4180018.jpg

P4180022.jpg

P4180023.jpg

P4180024.jpg

P4180026.jpg

This is a Lava Grey SE:

P4180028.jpg

P4180029.jpg

P4180030.jpg

Grey's nice.
Do these have the godawful LED DRL's?
I've seen plenty of Audis running about with them.
I'd want them disconnected, for sure.
I'd rather have normal dipped headlights on, any day of the week.

im not fussed on silver cars altho i have tho say this silver isnt too bad looking and not like a false cheap silver like other cars tho its hard to get a silver car to shine as well as a darker colour

Yes, only the Xenon plus headlights come with the LED DRL's, I like them.

Yes, only the Xenon plus headlights come with the LED DRL's, I like them.

So you'd have to specifically order them?
Good, I hope they keep it that way.
If they came standard, they'd be a deal breaker for me.
I wouldn't have any car with those lights.

If you spec xenons then yes you will get the DRL's, wouldn't be difficult to disconnect though.

Standard halogen lights don't come with the LED DRL's.

The facelift models have LEDs when the headlights are Xenon and 'very long-life' halogen bulbs as DRLs in the inner light with halogen headlights. The LED/Xenon option is standard on the S3 and an option on the S-line. If they are the same as the DRLs on my current A3 then there is a switch in the main light switch unit to turn them off at the moment although this may change when they become a legal requirement. The Xenon/LED option is not currently available on any other A3 models.

The Grey one in the pictures has the Xenon/LEDSs and the other one has halogen headlights/DRLs. Personally I still prefer the normal DRLs to the LEDs. The only LEDs I think look OK and on the A6 where it's just a straight line of LEDs under the normal headlights.

I like that Monza Silver. Guessing its to replace Avus Silver. Better than ICE Silver anyhow!

The second Monza Silver picture does the facelift model no favors at all. I know it's been said already but those headlights are awful. Not sure I like the chrome surround on the front fogs either. Looks a bit cheap to me.

Rant over - I'd go for the Lava.

Each to their own but I don't understand the hatred for the new lights - I quite like them although I must admit that initially I was unsure of them.

Each to their own but I don't understand the hatred for the new lights - I quite like them although I must admit that initially I was unsure of them.

Me neither, and I like to think I have good taste! It's one of the first things that caught my eye when I saw a facelift in the flesh - I thought the lights looked really nice. The only thing i've never been sure of is the size of the wing mirrors.

I suppose it's what you're used to. Yours, iirc Sem, has the smaller wing mirrors but mine has standard mirrors that, from the look of it, are the same size as the new A3s.