More Facelift details

Ahhh man an S3 with tip/paddles now thats what I want, bring it on baby

Ahhh man an S3 with tip/paddles now thats what I want, bring it on baby

• New seven-speed version of S tronic dual clutch transmission for selected models, including, at a later date, the S3

Sounds like you'll have to wait a little longer....

AS they say, well worth the wait wouldnt you say, lol, oh yeah baby bring it on(next year), anyway need at least a year for 2nd user as never buy new, get a 10k car that'll do nicely, I was tempted to buy current s3 after selling my s3 & s4 b6 but as moving to italy thought I'd stick with my a3 tdi dsg for now as I love it man, ****** wicked car, hate the 2wd but soon resolve that with a temp quattro a4 avant 3.0 tdi tip I hope then the upgrades comemouth

• New faster-reacting quattro four-wheel-drive system for A3 and S3

New haldex? Or the same one, but they get the sport controller?

It will be nice when Audi UK publish the full Brochure and Price List on their website. Then we will be able to see exactly what specs and options they are offering.

It will be nice when Audi UK publish the full Brochure and Price List on their website. Then we will be able to see exactly what specs and options they are offering.

The new A3 is debuting in the Madrid Car Show on the 20th May so expect brochures and proper pricing sometime around that time.

The new A3 is debuting in the Madrid Car Show on the 20th May so expect brochures and proper pricing sometime around that time.

There are already brochures and price lists available on the Audi German website but they obvious don't cover UK models.

European models get up to 15-percent-better fuel economy, in part due to aerodynamic improvements such as a flat underbody. Under the hood is a new two-stage oil pump, and friction losses are reduced, particularly when the engine is cold. Whether the improvements show in the U.S.-market EPA cycle remains to be seen.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews..._review+t-don’t_blip_the_throttle+page-2.html

Car and driver tested the new A/S3 it seems.

Suspect the oil pump is related to the new engine, but 15% improvement is always welcomed.

Does anyone know anything more about this "flat underbody" improvement?

noticed that the new S-Line loses it's grill badge and rear wing badges also, replaced by front wing badges where the indicators used to be. Bit disappointed about the loss of the grill badge if it doesnt make it into final production :(

Heres a pic of the S3 Sportsback in Ibis white with RS4's, open sky and black styling kit. Looks pretty damn nice I must admit.

car_photo_263193_25.jpg

The face lift has + and - for me

+

Imroved Haldex ( i'll be gutted if it has the sport controller )
Headlights/DRL ( it makes the front end a touch more aggro looking )
Slightly better MPG/CO'2 imissions

-

New wheels ( ugly IMHO )
Wing mirrors ( with the indicator on they lose there shape a bit/less crome
Fog light surrounds ( the mesh looks more agro )

So all in i'm happy with what i have, iam gonna buy the sport controller in future or i may have a " fiddle " with mine! :eyebrows:

p

Will be ordering a facelift soon but I'm disappointed the s-tronic isn't available yet - whats's the point of holding it back on the S3 if the 2.0 TFSI gets it now??:think:

whats the deal on the haldex?, and info ?

Something to do with it being electronically controlled rather than the current cogs and wheels method so it transfers the power much faster to front and rear.

Think its just a bit more than the uprated haldex controller most people think it may be.

Hmm... as it stands, my S3 will probably be one of the last pre facelifts off the production line (it being built this week).. I may be missing out on some other things other than 'facelift' by the sound of it.

Hmm... as it stands, my S3 will probably be one of the last pre facelifts off the production line (it being built this week).. I may be missing out on some other things other than 'facelift' by the sound of it.

Sounds like it!

Including a revised engine with less emissions and greater fuel economy due to more aerodynamic styling inc a flat underbody but with no loss to performance as the specs are the same. Oh its also chain driven the engine now on the facelift as opposed to belt driven like the ones now.

I read it’s electronically controlled instead of hydraulic which is said to be faster reacting

Where did you find this picture, are there more?

Heres a pic of the S3 Sportsback in Ibis white with RS4's, open sky and black styling kit. Looks pretty damn nice I must admit.

car_photo_263193_25.jpg

www.autoexpress.co.uk thats the only pic they have. Its from the Madrid Motor Show which is running at the moment till 1st June, the new A3 and S3 is being debut there.

Ah, I suppose that would make sense. Cheers.

Is it not already electronically controlled though?

It needs machanical parts to make it work , but it works from sensor info thats input to the Haldex controller, which is electronic?

It's a waste breath asking the dealers as they know nish.

p

Sounds like its just the new presure reservoir here! who knows.

"The core element of the quattro drive is an electronically controlled multi-plate clutch. It is mounted at the end of the propshaft in the rear end – a location which improves the distribution of weight in the vehicle. Under normal driving conditions, the clutch transmits the engine's power to the front wheels; when required – i.e. when the front wheels move onto a slippery surface – it diverts this power continuously to the rear wheels. On switching over, the plates in the interior of the clutch are compressed by means of high oil pressure. A new pressure reservoir for the pump now makes this process even faster – it only takes a few milliseconds".

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080520.009/page1/new-audi-a3s3-facelift-in-depth

ps: It was just the Autocar artical that said "The mechanical improvements include standard-fit variable rate magnetic dampers, as previously seen on the R8 and TT, and a revised ‘quattro’ four-wheel drive system whose Haldex clutch is now electronically rather than hydraulically controlled for speedier responses" WE ALL KNOW WHAT MAG'S ARE LIKE!!