More boost issues. 8P S3

Y111_PJL

Reaction score
Was driving around earlier on and come across yet another problem.

Pulled out to over take a car in 3rd gear, as the engine hit somewhere between 5-6rpm there was a pop sound and the car felt like I had slammed the brakes on.

Came off the throttle and eased it up to a roundabout. Had it in 2nd gear and put my foot down, no issues until the same sort of rev range. No pop this time but lost all boost and again, felt like I had slammed the brakes on.

Was dark by time I got home so could only have a quick look with a torch, couldn't seen any boost pipes out of place.

Any thoughts on what this may be?

Can you run a scan of the ECU for errors? I'm sure I had something similar years ago but I can't remember what caused the issue.

Can you run a scan of the ECU for errors? I'm sure I had something similar years ago but I can't remember what caused the issue.

Not until next week now. I refuse to take the car to Audi because they're useless and the garage I use is back to work on Monday.

Reckon it'll be ok to drive to work and back on low rev range?

might be worth giving the maf a clean with electrical contact cleaner, had a fiesta years ago and it had the smallest bit of fluff on the sensor probe the made the car go into limp mode, sprayed and sorted.

Last edited:
Also check your spark plugs. When were they last changed? They don't last the Audi service intervals on the S3.

might be worth giving the maf a clean with electrical contact cleaner, had a fiesta years ago and it had the smallest bit of fluff on the sensor probe the made the car go into limp mode, sprayed and sorted.

Managed to have a look at the MAF earlier and it looks pretty clean to me. Took the rest of the CAI off and that all looks clean too, doesn't look like there's been anything in it

You need to get a proper vcds check, the garage that checked it will be a standard type of check and not as thorough as the vcds which you can take on a test drive to tell you what your car is doing at any given moment.