Facelift More Bad News... S3’s Got To Go!

Bitzieee

Reaction score
Hello again,

Last night my car had been purposely keyed. It’s the only one in a line of about 4 cars so i feel like it’s been targeted. It’s probably the deepest keying i’ve ever seen and really never thought it would happen to me as i never really make enemies and i’m usually a very courteous driver.

The car was parked in a culdesac at my girlfriends, it was parked slightly up the road to reduce risk of being robbed (see my last thread) not outside a house, not in anyones spot, not blocking anything, not up the pavement.

After this incident now, and just how much attention i’ve been getting i think we’re pretty much decided on getting rid of it. It’s going to cost me £4500 in negitive equity, ontop of my loss of £3000 deposit, and i will lose a fair amount of money from my £4500 insurance i’ve only had for 3 months. Will have to pay for tracker to get taken off, and for my res delete to be put back. And for the scratch to be repaired.

A total of £9,000(ish) for 3 months of agro for a 20 year old... i’m hoping to re-finance that negative equity to a Audi A3 S Line.

The best outcome would genuinely be if the car was stolen. I’d be about £3,000 up from gap, probably £3,000 back from insurance. -£1,000 excess fee for insurance, wouldnt have to pay for the scratch, or the res delete, and i could even sell my 10mile used genuine resonator... at which point i don’t need to finance any negative equity leaving me free to get back on my work scheme and lease a new Tiguan or Polo GTI again with a new car every 12 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Joe4842
wow....seriously bad luck. cannot fathom for the life of me why anyone would purposefully vandalize someone elses car like that. i really hope they get whats coming to them. anyway, sorry you're going through this and your hard earned cash has to be spent putting right someone elses pointless issues

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and batch
Lowlife scumbags, karma will get those f@ckers at some point.

God help anyone who did this to my car, total scum.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Andy F
So sorry to hear you've had to go through this. I've got a few scratches and a dint in my current car (which I'm going to trade for A3 S-line) from 2 x bikes hitting it while it's been parked.

You just can't win I'm afraid. Hopefully karma will come back and get them one day but I guess in their mind if they're not allowed/can't afford nice things then why should someone else have them?

Was it just one side or all the way around?

sorry to hear about this dude. bad run of events really. If I where you i would just cut your losses completly and screw buying an A3 S-line and just go for some cheap 1k shed for the next couple of years. You don't want to be wasting any more of your money on cars for a while.

Reactions: Matchman54 and batch
If you want to sell your red delete pal, I'll buy it.

Shame people can't have nice things anymore. My car was targeted by thieves in the first week of ownership but luckily they didn't get it.

So sorry to hear you've had to go through this. I've got a few scratches and a dint in my current car (which I'm going to trade for A3 S-line) from 2 x bikes hitting it while it's been parked.

You just can't win I'm afraid. Hopefully karma will come back and get them one day but I guess in their mind if they're not allowed/can't afford nice things then why should someone else have them?

Was it just one side or all the way around?

Just one panel fortunately, never seen a scratch this deep in my whole time of working in a dealership though

If you want to sell your red delete pal, I'll buy it.

Shame people can't have nice things anymore. My car was targeted by thieves in the first week of ownership but luckily they didn't get it.

The res delete will be for sale, hoping to get out of it in a week or so. Drop us an offwr via pm mate

sorry to hear about this dude. bad run of events really. If I where you i would just cut your losses completly and screw buying an A3 S-line and just go for some cheap 1k shed for the next couple of years. You don't want to be wasting any more of your money on cars for a while.

Me and my family have decided to come together and pay off the negative equity and i will lease a tiguan through work for cheap with no deposit and a new car every 12 months. I’ll be £250-£300 better off a month

Reactions: richinsoton and Joe4842
Sorry to read this matey - hope they get what’s coming to them.

Reactions: pburv
Sorry to hear this but if you are being deliberately targeted they would have keyed whatever car you had, so maybe rethink on ditching the current car and invest in a decent dash cam

Reactions: pburv, Flying Scotsman, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Sorry to hear this but if you are being deliberately targeted they would have keyed whatever car you had, so maybe rethink on ditching the current car and invest in a decent dash cam
Was thinking the same myself.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Hello again,

Last night my car had been purposely keyed. It’s the only one in a line of about 4 cars so i feel like it’s been targeted. It’s probably the deepest keying i’ve ever seen and really never thought it would happen to me as i never really make enemies and i’m usually a very courteous driver.

The car was parked in a culdesac at my girlfriends, it was parked slightly up the road to reduce risk of being robbed (see my last thread) not outside a house, not in anyones spot, not blocking anything, not up the pavement.

After this incident now, and just how much attention i’ve been getting i think we’re pretty much decided on getting rid of it. It’s going to cost me £4500 in negitive equity, ontop of my loss of £3000 deposit, and i will lose a fair amount of money from my £4500 insurance i’ve only had for 3 months. Will have to pay for tracker to get taken off, and for my res delete to be put back. And for the scratch to be repaired.

A total of £9,000(ish) for 3 months of agro for a 20 year old... i’m hoping to re-finance that negative equity to a Audi A3 S Line.

The best outcome would genuinely be if the car was stolen. I’d be about £3,000 up from gap, probably £3,000 back from insurance. -£1,000 excess fee for insurance, wouldnt have to pay for the scratch, or the res delete, and i could even sell my 10mile used genuine resonator... at which point i don’t need to finance any negative equity leaving me free to get back on my work scheme and lease a new Tiguan or Polo GTI again with a new car every 12 months.

Dont be hasty. Dont let idiots ruin your enjoyment. I would get a dashcam, thinkware 800 as it might catch the t*****r next time. You may as well keep it. No guarantee the idiot wont do it to your next car

Reactions: AudiNutta, Daveotto and Jassyo06
My thoughts too. Even if it was replaced for a cheaper model, it could still happen and I wouldn't be any less gutted if it happened to me on any car.

Reactions: Daveotto
Sorry to hear this mate, same thing happened to a mate of mine. It turned out it was his girlfriend's ex boyfriend that did it, he was jealous because my mate was seeing his ex (she'd finished with him) and my mate also had a nice new sporty car, needless to say the guy that did it got a good kicking :D

You say £300 per month better off, so £3 ,600 over the year! That will pay for a very nice holiday for you and your girlfriend, which you will remember for a very long time. Do things like that now and make memories, you can buy a car at any age!

You’re losing 9k over 3 months?! You’d be silly not to keep it mate!

Dont be hasty. Dont let idiots ruin your enjoyment. I would get a dashcam, thinkware 800 as it might catch the t*****r next time. You may as well keep it. No guarantee the idiot wont do it to your next car

My family cant sleep, the key mark is the tip of the iceberg

Sorry to hear this mate, same thing happened to a mate of mine. It turned out it was his girlfriend's ex boyfriend that did it, he was jealous because my mate was seeing his ex (she'd finished with him) and my mate also had a nice new sporty car, needless to say the guy that did it got a good kicking :D

You say £300 per month better off, so £3 ,600 over the year! That will pay for a very nice holiday for you and your girlfriend, which you will remember for a very long time. Do things like that now and make memories, you can buy a car at any age!

Or a house... thats the dream. But i need to pay off the £4500 neg eq first

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly and S32B
You family can’t sleep because some idiots keyed your car?

You wasting 9k to change car and the same thing could happen again. I’m wasting 9K to change to an RS3. That’s also stupid but at least I get to enjoy my wasted 9k.

My family cant sleep, the key mark is the tip of the iceberg

9k is a big hit to take, but I admire you for putting your family first.

Reactions: Bitzieee and royalsteve68
You family can’t sleep because some idiots keyed your car?

You wasting 9k to change car and the same thing could happen again. I’m wasting 9K to change to an RS3. That’s also stupid but at least I get to enjoy my wasted 9k.

My house has been broken into twice in the 3 months I've had it.

Sorry to hear this. To reduce the amount of negative equity I would recommend giving the car to a garage on a sale or return basis. This is what I've done with my S3. You still own the car while it is up for sale and pay off the finance when it sells (or before depending on your circumstances). Getting rid of the car this way will reduce the negative equity dramatically. If you don't want to do this try tootle.co.uk and an independent garage will buy it off you. This will also lower the negative equity rather than just giving back to Audi.

Reactions: Bitzieee
Sorry to hear this. To reduce the amount of negative equity I would recommend giving the car to a garage on a sale or return basis. This is what I've done with my S3. You still own the car while it is up for sale and pay off the finance when it sells (or before depending on your circumstances). Getting rid of the car this way will reduce the negative equity dramatically. If you don't want to do this try tootle.co.uk and an independent garage will buy it off you. This will also lower the negative equity rather than just giving back to Audi.

How much do dealers usually charge for selling for you

Thanks for the advice, i’ll have it bought off me through work or potentially even a broker we have a contract with at work so i should see more for my car

Hello again,

That's ****** terrible . It pi××es me off that people can do such things. You pay good money for a nice car and some people ruin it. I got broken Into, 4 weeks after buying a new S3 . And it's been a terrible time . But you got to carry on mate .

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That's ****** terrible . It pi××es me off that people can do such things. You pay good money for a nice car and some people ruin it. I got broken Into, 4 weeks after buying a new S3 . And it's been a terrible time . But you got to carry on mate .

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Yes, we're re-considering keeping the car. The house security will be like a fort so we are going to see how we feel keeping it a bit longer. If it has to go for the health of my parents it has to go, but my cheapest and most preferred option is to keep the damn thing. God I'll miss it if it goes

Why sell the S3 though?

I had the exact same thing happen to me. My S3 got keyed 4 times while parked outside my Girlfriends house. Although it wasn't outside her house, it was parked on a side road (so not residents parking) but people did park there. Anyways, I got to the bottom of it. Some lass (who had a new'ish DS3) classed that space on the side road as `Her` parking space, even though she lived a couple streets away. So instead of putting a little note on my windscreen asking me not to park there (which I would have respected even though it's not residents parking) and parked elsewhere, she decided to key it on 4 separate occasions. It took a lot of self control not to a) give her a big f**king slap, or b) kick in every panel on her car. Instead I went to the police, but it boiled down to my word against hers, and as I'd not physically seen her do it............ Nothing could be done. Boils my p*ss every time I see her smug face. It cost me £1000 (with huge discount) to get the entire side of my then, less than 12 month old car, re-sprayed.

Anyway. Instead of selling it, or having it keyed again, I went out and bought a cheap car. One that I could park outside my girlfriends. And I keep the S3 for weekends and general driving. Don't let the scumbags win. Jealous types, or general F**ktards can go through their sh*tty life causing damage to other peoples property (as they'll never afford what we work hard for), but they'll never make me not buy or enjoy something I want.

I'm a strong believer in karma, and one day people like them get what they deserve. You just hope you get to see or hear about it.

Reactions: MaffewEM, Audi Bairn, azibux1 and 1 other person
Why sell the S3 though?

I had the exact same thing happen to me. My S3 got keyed 4 times while parked outside my Girlfriends house. Although it wasn't outside her house, it was parked on a side road (so not residents parking) but people did park there. Anyways, I got to the bottom of it. Some lass (who had a new'ish DS3) classed that space on the side road as `Her` parking space, even though she lived a couple streets away. So instead of putting a little note on my windscreen asking me not to park there (which I would have respected even though it's not residents parking) and parked elsewhere, she decided to key it on 4 separate occasions. It took a lot of self control not to a) give her a big f**king slap, or b) kick in every panel on her car. Instead I went to the police, but it boiled down to my word against hers, and as I'd not physically seen her do it............ Nothing could be done. Boils my p*ss every time I see her smug face. It cost me £1000 (with huge discount) to get the entire side of my then, less than 12 month old car, re-sprayed.

Anyway. Instead of selling it, or having it keyed again, I went out and bought a cheap car. One that I could park outside my girlfriends. And I keep the S3 for weekends and general driving. Don't let the scumbags win. Jealous types, or general F**ktards can go through their sh*tty life causing damage to other peoples property (as they'll never afford what we work hard for), but they'll never make me not buy or enjoy something I want.

I'm a strong believer in karma, and one day people like them get what they deserve. You just hope you get to see or hear about it.

I don't think they're that hard to afford, I'm 20. Admittedly I live at home with my parents so it's easier. But all you have to do is work hard and be sensible with where you put your money...

I'm starting to believe that also and think I may not get rid of the car, but it all boils down to my parents as it's their house. I'm the same, if they asked me to not park there then well, I wouldn't have... I've had to move my space a few times to respect the neighbours on that road.

I'd get a cheap car but it will cost me £2000 to insure the damn thing on top of buying it, which just isn't worth the money really.

Reactions: MaffewEM and Audi Bairn
I don't think they're that hard to afford, I'm 20. Admittedly I live at home with my parents so it's easier. But all you have to do is work hard and be sensible with where you put your money...

I'm starting to believe that also and think I may not get rid of the car, but it all boils down to my parents as it's their house. I'm the same, if they asked me to not park there then well, I wouldn't have... I've had to move my space a few times to respect the neighbours on that road.

I'd get a cheap car but it will cost me £2000 to insure the damn thing on top of buying it, which just isn't worth the money really.

Ah, I see. But if you're 20 and have an S3, how much are you paying insurance now?

Plus, if you have a second car, it sometimes works out very cheap. I'm a bit old than you, but when I had my R8 and a Mk7 Golf GTI performance, I was only paying £600 a year for both car. Stupidly, if I'd sold the Golf and just kept the R8, my insurance would have gone up.

It might be worth checking with your insurance company, or ring around for a multi car policy. And don't go for anything fancy, just something very cheap to buy, and as lower insurance group as you can.

Ah, I see. But if you're 20 and have an S3, how much are you paying insurance now?

Plus, if you have a second car, it sometimes works out very cheap. I'm a bit old than you, but when I had my R8 and a Mk7 Golf GTI performance, I was only paying £600 a year for both car. Stupidly, if I'd sold the Golf and just kept the R8, my insurance would have gone up.

It might be worth checking with your insurance company, or ring around for a multi car policy. And don't go for anything fancy, just something very cheap to buy, and as lower insurance group as you can.

The cheaper you go the more expensive it tends to be. We’ll see sure it will all work out eventually.

And way too much but i wanted it and i got it

Have you checked if any of your girlfriends neighbours have cctv and if they saw anyone near your car ? and have you reported it to the police , They possibly wont be interested but might be .....

Have you checked if any of your girlfriends neighbours have cctv and if they saw anyone near your car ? and have you reported it to the police , They possibly wont be interested but might be .....

Yes we have, and no they don't.

Yes we have and no they don't. :(

Being sensible with money and having an S3 at 20 whilst living with parents don't go into the same sentence hehe :lol:
Now buying a house to rent out whilst living with your parents and driving a ****** car where these problems don't occur would be sensible :lol:

Reactions: Bitzieee
:blahblah1:
Being sensible with money and having an S3 at 20 whilst living with parents don't go into the same sentence hehe :lol:
Now buying a house to rent out whilst living with your parents and driving a ****** car where these problems don't occur would be sensible :lol:
I'm waiting for my girlfriend to be ready for a house in about 3 years and we'll have one!:sign ban::box::whip:

Reactions: LeeDaviesS3