Monsoon Grey

BRISTOL86

Reaction score
Hi Folks

Any recommendations for an 'after wash' product to bring the best out of Monsoon Grey?

Thanks!

My old A3 was monsoon grey and I used Dodo juice purple haze wax after a poor boys black hole glaze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I've read good things about Black Hole but didn't know if it'd be suitable for Monsoon where it's quite light.

No worries. Make sure it has a decent wax over the top of any glaze. Poor boys white diamond is the equivalent but is for whites and silvers best. Monsoon is a tricky colour to get and keep looking good but the combo over did work wonders - decent beading as well.

No worries. Make sure it has a decent wax over the top of any glaze. Poor boys white diamond is the equivalent but is for whites and silvers best. Monsoon is a tricky colour to get and keep looking good but the combo over did work wonders - decent beading as well.

I have some Collinite 915 to put on over the top of it. I'm no expert detailer but hopefully when I get it, washing, claying, black hole and then the Collinite will have it looking shiny :)

I got my new Q5 ceramic coated to make my life easier. Best thing I did

Also do you have any recommendations for a polish that can be hand applied for minor swirls etc? Or is that unnecessary as well as the black hole?

Swirls can't really ever be taken out by hand. The clearcoat is too hard IMHO. The black hole will mask them but will wash off hence why you need a decent sealant / wax to keep them hidden for a few weeks. You'll need a DA polisher if you are brave enough to try yourself with a cutting pad and compound or get a detailer to give it a once over (my preferred option)

Thanks mate, definitely not brave enough yet to try that myself. I'm hoping I can keep it looking nice with regular care and attention! I know it won't ever be as great as professionally detailed or machine polished but it's already the nicest car i've ever had so I'm sure I can keep it looking pretty tidy :)

Just be careful with your wash methods (2 bucket wash and decent microfibre dry etc) and the products mentioned above it'll look smart. What have you got in the monsoon grey?

Just be careful with your wash methods (2 bucket wash and decent microfibre dry etc) and the products mentioned above it'll look smart. What have you got in the monsoon grey?

Yeah I dabbled with some detailing many years ago when I had a Mondeo ST. For the last few years motoring went right down the list of priorities as we were saving for a house etc so i've been running around in a 9 year old Focus for a few years without taking any care of it.

Just bought a 66 plate A3 (1.6 TDI, nothing racy haha), hopefully picking it up on Sat. Feels nice to be having a car that I actually WANT to take pride in again.

I used to have a 1.4 COD TFSI on a 63 plate. They're great cars.

This is my new Q5 detailed
642b94d233e82efc4529880404e88b77.jpg
d3e5b08f389e2e8eddbc60eb15655a85.jpg

Reactions: NevMan and Radford212
Bumping this up, blackhole still the go to polish for monsoon grey, something to lift if before coating with a decent sealant?

Black hole is a glaze, better off with Sonax Profiline , Schol S20 or Menzenna Finishing polish.

Reactions: NevMan
I used Sonax perfect finish on my old Monsoon A3, if the paint is in good condition already it will really make it pop.

Sonax

Reactions: Duffer1886, NevMan and Scotty75
Have to agree , Sinai is a great compound. Just a bit dusty , especially in warmer weather .

Reactions: Kayobong
Have to agree , Sinai is a great compound. Just a bit dusty , especially in warmer weather .

Funny, I haven’t found Sonax dusty at all, maybe been lucky weather wise

Reactions: Kayobong