1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monochrome Display Upgrade

Funkberryjam Dec 4, 2018

1. Funkberryjam

Funkberryjam New Member

Hi,
    I have a 2013 A6 2.0 TDI manual.
    Does anybody know if I can upgrade my monochrome display cluster with a colour display cluster from an automatic?

Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Funkberryjam

Funkberryjam New Member

4. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi A6 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group S tronic

Search this section, it has been done before.

5. Slackworth

Slackworth Active Member Team Phantom TDi Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S tronic

You can but you will need to buy a new cluster and then find someone who can do the mileage correction. You will also need a trip to the main dealer to remove CP.

6. k3vkr

k3vkr New Member

I found an old thread which was pretty informative as I’m currently doing the same thing myself on a newer car.
    Have the cluster but somehow managed to order 250mm of optic cable which is way short, so waiting on a longer one before starting.

7. Funkberryjam

Funkberryjam New Member

k3vkr is your instrument cluster from an A6 with the same transmission as your car?
    I'm wondering if a cluster from an automatic would work on a manual.

Is the fiber optic cable to allow the maps to be displayed in the cluster?

8. k3vkr

k3vkr New Member

From what I read you copy and paste the original code so I thought that would deal with transmission issues?
    Also, yes, optic cable is for maps.

Funkberryjam likes this.
  9. Funkberryjam

Funkberryjam New Member

Thanks k3vkr

Did you get the maps working in your cluster display? Is it just a case of connecting a fiber optic cable from the display screen to the cluster?

k3vkr likes this.
  10. k3vkr

k3vkr New Member

Still not got the cable, so probably wont start this til the new year now.
    I do have the maps on my monochrome display already (turn signs etc) but not sure if that works by optic cable and thus would just need swapped and coded.
    Also trying to find someone to deal with component protection and pondering warranty issues now before i start....:whistle2: