Mono Pur on S3?

The main reason why some/most options are not "standard" in the UK is because the fleet sector have by far the largest market share. Retail customers account for a fraction of this.

Thus the choices of engines, gearboxes, combinations of packages and options are determined by price points acceptable to Fleet Managers and the P11D value.

Once you start bundling in options, the price goes up, so is less attractive to the fleet market.

What we have now is ideal, a few trim levels, a few optional packages, people can choose what extra options they want (everybody has different requirements).

There is no such thing as "included as standard", it will be reflected in the price you pay.

In the UK, Audi UK bundled in the FBMFSW for the S3, and increased the base car price of course ;)

(I think Dave @h5djr can give a view on how this works in Germany with car buyers over there.)

Last edited:
You're right of course. As a company car driver who likes his options, the least prices we end up paying for my cars are astronomical. I average around £5k of options on each of my cars and it jacks the lease price right up, to the point where the offers on similar cars, although standard models, come through via email and the boss asks why mine cost so much more than that :(

If you buy a (insert name of car here) GTi, you don't get a washer fluid low level warning, unless you tick the "Winter Pack" option ;)

And we think we're hard done by, not having ILP and mono.pur included in the base car ! :lmfao:

Someone mention mono.pur ? :think:

Whats that all about then ... :eyebrows: :undwech:

I didn't spec mono.pur on mine cause I didn't know what it was, a silly name by Audi really

Don't think I will be hanging myself over it though

Reactions: Simon L and veeeight
I didn't have mono.pur on mine.
Dealer offered me £1k less than list due to that.

This is not true.

Reactions: DommyR, elpaulio and veeeight
If you buy a (insert name of car here) GTi, you don't get a washer fluid low level warning, unless you tick the "Winter Pack" option ;)

And we think we're hard done by, not having ILP and mono.pur included in the base car ! :lmfao:

I remember that some years ago we bought a VW Polo. As standard it had electric windows, it had air-con and it had central locking.

What it didn't have was a boot light. It was part of a "pack". A boot light! Honestly, you don't realise what a royal pain in the **** that is until you own a car without one. Bonkers. I don't necessarily blame the importer, they're there to make money but you'd think the salesman would point it out and encourage you to spec it. Truth is I don't think he knew his product. In fact, thinking about it, all my experiences with various VW salesmen in various dealships has been poor.

If it had even been half reasonable I'd be driving a Golf GTi (with winter pack - I've learnt from my experience!)

Apologies for thread revival but I'd never heard of it before logging in on here + dealer didn't mention it either :audibash:

TX.

Apologies for thread revival but I'd never heard of it before logging in on here + dealer didn't mention it either :audibash:

TX.

Same here , didn't know it existed till I saw it mentioned here , but our S3s come with mono.pur as standard though

MY dealer didnt mention it, or seem to know that much about it (And there wasnt much mentioned on here), but luckily i did my due deligence and went onto the UK, USA and German Audi sites and built my car and studied each option. Mono pur and those ss seats just made sense to have.

Baaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

smiley3041.gif

Reactions: Blackwhite and veeeight
I'd never heard of Mono pur either, bought my A6 2nd hand so got what previous owner spec'ed which wasn't much, tight ****** lol :keule:

Anyone know where to buy the parts that make up the Mono.pur. Door Armrests the center console side ones?

If it's any consolation I specd full leather on my e39 m5. The brochure included a full leather dash but was a reversed lhd dash pic. Needless to say on delivery "we don't do a full leather dash on rhd cars". I was well annoyed and got no compensation!

Anyone know where to buy the parts that make up the Mono.pur. Door Armrests the center console side ones?

I'm not sure at all, but my understanding is that the door cards are either mono.pur or not, meaning you'd have to buy a whole new door card for it. Obviously the centre console bit is just detachable, but I'm not sure where you can buy them from.

Unless you find a car that's written off and being broken to sell parts (keep trawling eBay or find a breakers yard) you will probably only get them from Audi. The other option is going to a professional upholsterer to have it done custom - probably a better option as you could get real leather and it will probably be cheaper than Audi for their fake leather :)

For a retro fit you may need new door pull handles as it looks pretty well flush I'm suspecting against a moulded in recess - could be wrong though.

Unless you find a car that's written off and being broken to sell parts (keep trawling eBay or find a breakers yard) you will probably only get them from Audi. The other option is going to a professional upholsterer to have it done custom - probably a better option as you could get real leather and it will probably be cheaper than Audi for their fake leather :)
I keep meaning to get mine done (only want the side bits around the centre cup holders really) but wouldn't have a clue on getting them off without breaking something.

I've got a friendly trimmer, trouble is he's in central London so have to post the parts to him

are you sure, I cant see stitching on the door handles, knee pads? unless its just not visible in the pic. looks like dirty grandpa has been driving and done a SH!TSPLOTION in the car. is that brown?

are you sure, I cant see stitching on the door handles, knee pads? unless its just not visible in the pic. looks like dirty grandpa has been driving and done a SH!TSPLOTION in the car. is that brown?

Its not an S-line or an S, so dosen't have the stitching.

Its interesting in that Mono Pur on a Sport seems to denote that pig ugly dash creation, as @ScottishA4B9 can't find any other 'option' on the list to denote that two tone effect.

Yeah I’m sure I checked the cars options on MyAudi. It’s Milano Chestnut Leather

Its not an S-line or an S, so dosen't have the stitching.

Its interesting in that Mono Pur on a Sport seems to denote that pig ugly dash creation, as @ScottishA4B9 can't find any other 'option' on the list to denote that two tone effect.
I’ve found out why.....it’s the Mono.pur option. I couldn’t find it originally. It’s the same if you get the white leather