Mono Pur on S3?

Disco Dal

Reaction score
Can anyone let me know exactly what the mono pur option includes on an S3 SB? If possible any pics? Seen a few on here say they wish they had specced it but im not sure what it actually includes. Any advice welcome as I am ordering this week.

You will want it!

206528671-w988-h747.jpg

bildschirmfoto-2014-01-19-um-17-22-39-7390669451196586834.JPG

Reactions: Martinbanshee and Disco Dal
Looks nice I must admit. Tempted to tick the box

Do it, otherwise you will regret it everytime you grab the inside of the door to open it

Reactions: The Engineer
I wonder how much these are to buy as individual parts. They look easy enough to fit for a muppet like me...

Never saw it but specced it as not alot of money but fineshes it nicely from what i could see online. Should imagine the back doors will have the same

Glad I chose it, if I didn't I wouldn't be gutted.

If you had to choose an option in the price range instead of monopur I would say upgrade the sound system instead.

For me, the mono.pur just adds that finishing touch to a quality product. I suspect it will also make the car just that bit more saleable, come the day!

As others have suggested, you may live to regret not speccing it :)

One of the "must have" interior options. Just lifts the cabin quality even further and makes it feel just that bit more special.

This and the LED interior pack make the car feel much more expensive than it is. I've sat in £50k BMW's / Mercs with poorer interiors IMO

yep, i echo all of that. LED interior lighting and mono.pur just add a touch of class.

I've got an A4 black edition on loan at the moment and it has no led interior lighting and it's bright, orange and horrible at night

One of the "must have" interior options. Just lifts the cabin quality even further and makes it feel just that bit more special.

This and the LED interior pack make the car feel much more expensive than it is. I've sat in £50k BMW's / Mercs with poorer interiors IMO

Merc & BMW have always been hopeless at interiors compared to Audi. The in-laws have a £50k+ 535i and the interior is awful - so bland and featureless and not a welcoming place to be at all.

Reactions: The Engineer and Pulp84
Yes, I'm glad I have it - it really sets the interior off lovely.

Came as standard on my last car (dependent upon Model Spec) - as did many things that all have come with an added cost with Audi :sob:

I was torn between this as well, but as MatthijsR said - it's definitely worth it, and you would probably end up regretting it (as long as your not choosing this over something else, other wise thing long and hard over it - if not though, get it, I had to spec it as well)

Reactions: MatthijsR
I didnt get it as I didnt really understand what it was.
With hindsight I should have got it, not the be all and end all as the standard trim is fine but for the money worth getting i reckon.

I don't have it and don't miss or regret not getting it at all.

Wow.

Reading all the love and eulogising about mono.pur in this thread, it's time to inject a bit of reality.

If you don't spec mono,pur, the world won't stop spinning, and the sun will continue to rise in the morning.
If you do spec mono.pur, you'll have a bit more fake leather on the door handles and knee rests.

The insides of the door handles have hard un-textured plastic (mono.pur fake leather will cover this)
The part of the door handles that face you and armrests have soft touch textured plastic, identical to the dashboard (mono.pur fake leather will cover this)
The knee pads have hard un-textured plastic (mono.pur fake leather will cover this)

The door tops will still have scratchy textured hard plastic (mono.pur won't change this)
The door bins will still have scratchy textured hard plastic (these are especially nasty) (mono.pur won't change this)

If you have a spare £295, by all means spec it, it'll make the interior look less like a Golf.
If money is tight on options, spend the £295 on something else.

But to say that if you don't spec it, you'll regret it, is somewhat hyperbolic.

It's an A3 !!!!

Reactions: nickatkinson, AndyB-S3, Dazzeroo and 7 others
What does it matter that it's an A3? For a lot of people, and Audi A3 is quite high up on their wish list of car ownership. Why is it that as soon as people seem like there is something they are happy about, does a shot ring out from the dark to bring them back to "reality"

For me, my S3 will probably be one of the fancier cars i'm likely to own in my short time on this planet. Just because some individuals are clearly unhappy with what they've bought, doesn't mean everyone else should be. It's the little things in life that make us different :)

Si :)

Reactions: David83S1 and Dazzeroo
A shot rings out from the dark, because of the hyperbole written on here!

Dear me,

"you'll regret it if you don't spec it"
" you will regret it everytime you grab the inside of the door to open it"
"you may live to regret not speccing it"

Really?

:rolleyes:

Like I said above, if you have a spare £295 for a bit of fake leather, by all means spec it!
It'll cover up some of the plastics, and will undoubtedly look nicer.

But it ain't the end of the world if you don't - functionality of the car remains the same :)

Reactions: Psyman79, Martin L and elpaulio
My experience is that you'll regret it if you have long legs / sit close to the wheel and have your left leg pressed against the centre console. Having that extra few mm of cushioning makes a big difference.

If I sat differently in the car I probably wouldn't notice it nearly as much, but it is nice to look at.

Reactions: Psyman79 and A3Kent
My experience is that you'll regret it if you have long legs / sit close to the wheel and have your left leg pressed against the centre console. Having that extra few mm of cushioning makes a big difference.

If I sat differently in the car I probably wouldn't notice it nearly as much, but it is nice to look at.

Hadn't really thought of that, will be nice to have some padding.

Wow.

Reading all the love and eulogising about mono.pur in this thread, it's time to inject a bit of reality.

If you don't spec mono,pur, the world won't stop spinning, and the sun will continue to rise in the morning.
If you do spec mono.pur, you'll have a bit more fake leather on the door handles and knee rests.

The insides of the door handles have hard un-textured plastic (mono.pur fake leather will cover this)
The part of the door handles that face you and armrests have soft touch textured plastic, identical to the dashboard (mono.pur fake leather will cover this)
The knee pads have hard un-textured plastic (mono.pur fake leather will cover this)

The door tops will still have scratchy textured hard plastic (mono.pur won't change this)
The door bins will still have scratchy textured hard plastic (these are especially nasty) (mono.pur won't change this)

If you have a spare £295, by all means spec it, it'll make the interior look less like a Golf.
If money is tight on options, spend the £295 on something else.

But to say that if you don't spec it, you'll regret it, is somewhat hyperbolic.

It's an A3 !!!!

Sometimes you're like the grumpy man going round a birthday party bursting peoples balloons haha.

Reactions: pat15312, AndyB-S3, RAPS3 and 7 others
I love doing that at parties !

:p

Reactions: AndyB-S3, RAPS3 and Martinbanshee
I didn't spec it, wish I did, not the end end of the world I didn't, ain't gonna miss what I haven't got, moving on ... :racer:

@veeeight - Bah humbug! :p :moa: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Psyman79, Blackwhite and 1 other person
The world will fall apart if you don't spec mono.pur.

*** !!

grinch_santa%5B1%5D.jpg

:p

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Relliott6879, Psyman79 and 2 others
I didn't spec it, wish I did, not the end end of the world I didn't, ain't gonna miss what I haven't got, moving on ... :racer:

@veeeight - Bah humbug! :p :moa: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

BH veeeight will have to change his avatar to the GRINCH ! :p

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Bristle Hound and veeeight
e31.jpg

Wish I didn't comment now!

Okay it won't be the end of the world if you don't spec mono.pur, and yes it is fake leather (cheapskates :audibash:)

I think I would have the odd time though sitting in the cabin wishing I had specced it, but yes I wouldn't sit there screaming out the window whilst driving down the road "I DON'T HAVE MONO.PUR, THE WORLD IS GOING TO END!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!" - but you'd grow awesome hair like this guy: :afro:

Anyway, i'll hide before it all kicks off again :lick:

:flush:

Reactions: RYuill, Martinbanshee and veeeight
Don't say that, everyone is entitled to a view/opinion, for or against !

I just butted in because I couldn't get my head around the view that one would have a lifelong regret if it wasn't spec'd ! ;)

I was only messing about :p

What is this whole thing about Golf R's? I loved the previous Golf R's looks

.....I've just started a massive war now haven't I?
01-2012-volkswagen-golf-r.jpg

I swear my Facebook cover photo used to be this... hahaha

Reactions: veeeight
That only happens if you buy a Golf R..............oops

Haha

That's just it though, isn't it. People wax lyrical about the interior of the A3 and deride the plastics in the Golf......

...... then in the next breath, say, "oh, but you must spend £295 on mono.pur to hide the plastic" :rolleyes:

Now look what you've gone and done ! :p

What is this whole thing about Golf R's? I loved the previous Golf R's looks

Shhh. Don't mention (insert name of car here)....they are not an appreciative audience of good cars in here ;)

Reactions: Dazzeroo, Martinbanshee and Pulp84
aa5d04ab96cd86112bc7047c902db1663114cfcdd7562909d69e84905aa91200.jpg

At least the Veyrons make up for it? (If we all hate the Veyron I'm so out of here) :p

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 18.21.25.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 18.21.25.png
    391.9 KB · Views: 407
Reactions: veeeight, Martinbanshee and Pulp84
Haha - this is one escalated thread. To quote a phrase from Bad boys 2 "this **** just got real"

Mono-pur is lovely - but let's not raise our blood pressures over it!! ;)

Same thing with the Golf R thread (although I didn't help things on that one by slating the S3's ride quality and steering)

Reactions: Martinbanshee and J4MMYz
Haha

That's just it though, isn't it. People wax lyrical about the interior of the A3 and deride the plastics in the Golf......

...... then in the next breath, say, "oh, but you must spend £295 on mono.pur to hide the plastic" :rolleyes:

I know, there shouldn't even be a Mono-Pur option, it should be standard fit. Unfortunately it's another way to squeeze more money out of customers through options and one of many ways to keep the base price down to get the initial interest.

I really don't mind the Golf R plastics, it's more the layout and style of the dash I'm not ecstatic about but It's my 2nd favourite MQB based car

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Pulp84
Haha - this is one escalated thread. To quote a phrase from Bad boys 2 "this **** just got real"

Mono-pur is lovely - but let's not raise our blood pressures over it!! ;)

Same thing with the Golf R thread (although I didn't help things on that one by slating the S3's ride quality and steering)

It's good fun, I'm sure no one is taking it to heart