Moisture inside headlights

dzankizakon

Reaction score
Since 10 days ago I have moisture inside one of the headlights for no reason. Obviously it's extremely fugly. The headlight works fine otherwise.

What should I tell Audi? Should I insist they replace the headlight?

The picture I took today is below. Thanks!

A3hlm

not so much moisture as you but i lost a cap behind the headlight and more than moisture i get insects inside.
To be exact the one that gives you access to the indicator.

First check if you have your caps, if you have them try to open one or the 2 of them and release all the moisture inside and then close it.
Release the moisture via hair dryer or dehumidifier pointing at the back of the headlight

Reactions: dzankizakon
If it's just 1, seal must be broken. Not right.

You're right, it's not right at all. :) Do they just replace the seal normally? Does it often happen again? What's the right way to solve this once and for all?

Since 10 days ago I have moisture inside one of the headlights for no reason. Obviously it's extremely fugly. The headlight works fine otherwise.

What should I tell Audi? Should I insist they replace the headlight?

The picture I took today is below. Thanks!

View attachment 49837

Firstly nice colour!

Secondly, sadly that's pretty normal. I've owned 3 S3's ( each generation) and they have all done that.

They'll just take it into their nice and warm workshop for a while until the moisture disappears then hand it back saying it's ok.

Glacier white looks different colours in different lights

Unacceptable............. take it back.
When they return it ask them what they did to fix it. drying it out is also unacceptable.

I took the car to Audi and they found a crack on the outside edge of the glass through which the moisture came in. Apparently some idiot bumped the headlamp hard enough to crack it.

Yes, it's Glacier White. I Photoshopped the image (Shadows & Highlights) to make the moisture more apparent. :)