Moisture inside headlights

dzankizakon

Since 10 days ago I have moisture inside one of the headlights for no reason. Obviously it's extremely fugly. The headlight works fine otherwise.

What should I tell Audi? Should I insist they replace the headlight?

The picture I took today is below. Thanks!

a3hlm.jpg

jaypers777

If it's just 1, seal must be broken. Not right.

ChiYoung

not so much moisture as you but i lost a cap behind the headlight and more than moisture i get insects inside.
To be exact the one that gives you access to the indicator.

First check if you have your caps, if you have them try to open one or the 2 of them and release all the moisture inside and then close it.
Release the moisture via hair dryer or dehumidifier pointing at the back of the headlight

The Challinor

Since 10 days ago I have moisture inside one of the headlights for no reason. Obviously it's extremely fugly. The headlight works fine otherwise.

What should I tell Audi? Should I insist they replace the headlight?

The picture I took today is below. Thanks!

View attachment 49837

Firstly nice colour!

Secondly, sadly that's pretty normal. I've owned 3 S3's ( each generation) and they have all done that.

cuke2u

They'll just take it into their nice and warm workshop for a while until the moisture disappears then hand it back saying it's ok.

The Challinor

Nardo grey btw?

The Challinor

veeeight

I am a very pretty girl
VCDS Map User
Must be Apple phonei camera ;)

The Challinor

It proper looks grey

mjcourtney

Not seen it that bad before! Doesn't look right to me.

steeve

Unacceptable............. take it back.
When they return it ask them what they did to fix it. drying it out is also unacceptable.

The Challinor

Right mini poll: does it look white or grey haha

dzankizakon

I took the car to Audi and they found a crack on the outside edge of the glass through which the moisture came in. Apparently some idiot bumped the headlamp hard enough to crack it.

Yes, it's Glacier White. I Photoshopped the image (Shadows & Highlights) to make the moisture more apparent. :)

The Challinor

Ahh, I knew it had been played with. Definitely looks grey!