1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mods under 50 quid

Seantdi Oct 5, 2018

1. Seantdi

Seantdi Member

New owner of a 2.0tdi quattro.
    Just looking for some cheap tasty mods and hopefully get a list going!

What have people done that is cheap and cheerful.
    I'm thinking

Wind deflectors
    Door light
    Interior lights converted to led

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Deo

Deo Member

S4 led puddle lights £12 ebay
    Error free Led number plate bulbs £4 ebay
    Silicone intake pipe £60ish
    Supercharge badge £17 some are rubbish tho

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2018
  4. Deo

Deo Member

If you've got a s4 tho lol

DrSasso likes this.
  5. I oOEddOo I

I oOEddOo I Active Member Team Ibis Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S5 Black Edition quattro

Light smoked rear lights for around £12

6. aqibi2000

aqibi2000 I don't read what I've written grammar Nazis

Vinyl...

7. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 Audi S5 S tronic

Model rear badges removal…just dental floss

8. ToadConsulting

ToadConsulting Member

LED front fogs, about 40 squids with all wiring so no errors and another 10 ish for LED number plate...

voorhees likes this.
  9. Deo

Deo Member

I've just bought some led bulbs for the fogs, with no leads tho. The seller says there error free. I'll have to wait and see

10. Geoff Morritt

Geoff Morritt Member

First thing I did was to replace all the internal bulbs with decent LED`s. Cost was approx £38 and they look amazing!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  11. Geoff Morritt

Geoff Morritt Member

Then it was the reversing lights and number plate light units to LED`s.

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. DickoB8

DickoB8 A4 Avant S Line Executive

Don’t waste your money on wind deflectors they should be called “wind attractors” the noise they cause from the window not sealing properly due to them sitting in window channel. They almost cause a drone like noise, I bought a pair for my last car and lasted about a month before I couldn’t take anymore :) plus the rear ones wouldn’t stay in and just fell out whenever the window was put down.

My friend also had a similar issue with his ones on his A3, we both used team heko ones might be down to the cheap quality but I definitely won’t buy wind deflectors again!

Meemo likes this.
  14. xpoweruk

xpoweruk TTTS 8J Smile Machine Team Meteor quattro Audi TTS

15. Super Nintendo Chalmers

Super Nintendo Chalmers Member TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

Old thread i know but in case anyone reads this, i have had great success in reducing the noise these deflectors cause.

I moved the plastic wedge holding it in place toward the very back of the front deflectors, i.e. toward the B pillar. To maintain contact at the front (near the wing mirrors) i have used some double sided sticky pads. It's quietened down their noise to such a degree, on the motorway i can hear the tyres on the road more so. Very pleased as i was getting very annoyed by the noise they created!

16. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Man TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 Black Edition quattro S tronic

I used to use wind deflectors in the days when I owned a car without air conditioning. They reduce the amount of noise and buffeting when you drive with the windows open for ventilation. With aircon, I don't drive with the windows open (other than the first mile or so on a very hot day) so no point having deflectors.

17. Seantdi

Seantdi Member

Cheers guys. Keep them coming.
    So far I have converted all interior lights to led.
    Retro fitted the red and white lights to the side and bottom of the doors. (fronts only so far) how they are not standard on an sline is beyond me but anyway! Has anyone a link to white led ones for the bottom of the door? Not interested in ones with audi logo etc. Just want plain white led light.

18. Seantdi

Seantdi Member

Was also looking at a set of pedals on ebay. Coming from China and costing about 30 quid. Just wondering if anyone has fitted them before and what are they like?

19. Seantdi

Seantdi Member

20. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Man TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 Black Edition quattro S tronic

21. Seantdi

Seantdi Member

22. Seantdi

Seantdi Member

Any better?

jdp1962 likes this.
  23. Booboo

Booboo Active Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Black Edition quattro S tronic S-line owners group

I bought pedal covers from AliExpress. £10 or less. Fit perfect, most stuff comes from China anyway. Your just cuting out the middle man