Mods on A5/S5

Not a mod per say but I did recently purchase this for my sportback

Audi A5 Sportback (2016+) Tailored PVC Boot Liner / Tray / Mat https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/292324196352

I my impressions are it’s a snug fit to the Sportback and the carpet mat isn’t really premium (would like a deeper pile) but if you’re finding that the boot is getting dirty then having a load liner with a removable carpet is a good thing to have

I’ll post a picture later with of it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not my Mods, but are some very cool and insightful mods others may want to do with theres, this guy has some good content on the S5 Sportback too:

Very good price, I always click the UK only box, hence why I didn't see these. Always puts me off though when is see a possible delivery date of 10th Jan next year, as it's coming from Guangzhou, China.

Yeah I know what you mean but sold as aluminium, look very similar and half the price!

Worth a go!!

Will post some pictures when (if) I get them

Yeah I know what you mean but sold as aluminium, look very similar and half the price!

Worth a go!!

Will post some pictures when (if) I get them
Yeah it is and I'm sure they will arrive, but as I say been there before and wouldn't do it again :) I hate waiting for things as well lol :p

Reactions: SimonAshley
A small mod done today:

Before:
View attachment 139685

After:
View attachment 139686

Very good price, I always click the UK only box, hence why I didn't see these. Always puts me off though when is see a possible delivery date of 10th Jan next year, as it's coming from Guangzhou, China.

To my surprise they have arrived!
Quite quick I think!
Aluminium as described and look the same as the items in your pics!

Now I need my car to arrive! So I can play!

How are you finding them?

To my surprise they have arrived!
Quite quick I think!
Aluminium as described and look the same as the items in your pics!

Now I need my car to arrive! So I can play!

How are you finding them?
Nice one, but I've not used them mate lol, just got them to look pretty :) I tend to let it do it's own thing tbh, I did try them when I first got the car but got lazy lol. Not had the kind of roads I feel are fun enough to play with the gears myself! :( When I ordered the A5 I knew it was going to be the opposite driving style to the S3, the S3 was all out hot hatch manual fun. The A5 is more of laid back comfy cruiser.

However, I did have a very childish moment this morning! I had an Astra edging forward and revving his engine at the lights!!! 'big kid time' kicked in :) I switched to dynamic mode and pulled the stick back to sports mode...pulled off slowly as not to spin and then put the foot down lol :p

You can see him edging forward bottom right:

Bye bye mr Astra, it did make me smile lol

The S3 was great, quattro and manual :) I do miss it at times :( No matter the weather you could boot it and it was gone! Even just driving normally through the gears it was fast, this was without even trying, it was only when I saw the videos I realized how quick it pulls away normally:

And the Police one:

In 2020 if all goes well and I'm still in a job and healthy, I think I'll go back to an S3...new one should be out by then.

Nice one, but I've not used them mate lol, just got them to look pretty :) I tend to let it do it's own thing tbh, I did try them when I first got the car but got lazy lol. Not had the kind of roads I feel are fun enough to play with the gears myself! :( When I ordered the A5 I knew it was going to be the opposite driving style to the S3, the S3 was all out hot hatch manual fun. The A5 is more of laid back comfy cruiser.

However, I did have a very childish moment this morning! I had an Astra edging forward and revving his engine at the lights!!! 'big kid time' kicked in :) I switched to dynamic mode and pulled the stick back to sports mode...pulled off slowly as not to spin and then put the foot down lol :p

You can see him edging forward bottom right:

Bye bye mr Astra, it did make me smile lol

The S3 was great, quattro and manual :) I do miss it at times :( No matter the weather you could boot it and it was gone! Even just driving normally through the gears it was fast, this was without even trying, it was only when I saw the videos I realized how quick it pulls away normally:

And the Police one:

In 2020 if all goes well and I'm still in a job and healthy, I think I'll go back to an S3...new one should be out by then.

I had the opportunity to use my launch control for the first time in my S5 the other day... when I had a Focus ST at a set of lights revving after jumping the queue on a filtering junction rather than letting the traffic flow. Holy crap it can fly! Didn't even feel violent either! Most laid back launch I've experienced., well this was after coming out of a C63 Merc saloon :D

I have the same set! Installed!

Attachments

• 6F198DAA-D5B5-4CD4-8DA4-D9478EC38F80.jpeg
    6F198DAA-D5B5-4CD4-8DA4-D9478EC38F80.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 295
Reactions: SimonAshley and S32B
Couple of questions if anyone could answer;

Can the extended light pack be retrofitted to the MMI?

Has anyone changed the door floor lights to the audi rings or anything similar, I'd like to do that on mine.

Is the spoiler posted the one off the S5 by any chance? Does look the same but not 100%

Has anyone changed the door floor lights to the audi rings or anything similar, I'd like to do that on mine.

Is the spoiler posted the one off the S5 by any chance? Does look the same but not 100%
Yes I’ve got the spoiler off the. S5

Not so much a retrofit of interior lights but I saw someone had installed these. Can't remember what forum though!
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/162700127174

And over on the A4 B9 forum on here for door lights
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/not-too-shabby-for-only-£3-60-delivered.355483/

Enjoy

Don’t know about the retro fitting the extended light pack as I already have it on mine but have changed all four puddle lights to the Audi rings - it’s dead easy and took less than 5 mins a door. Bought the first set from you local dealer and the second from Leeds Audi on eBay for almost half the price. They look great and certainly catch the eye

Those who have the spoiler, is it the one from the S5 or a completely different one? Looks a bit bigger from pictures?