Mods and deletes

Louis Scott

Reaction score
Any more mods i can to my bkd, so far the egr and egr cooler has gone, can i delete the vac reservoir ball like the pd130. Thanks

Depends on what you're looking to achieve.

Any more mods i can to my bkd, so far the egr and egr cooler has gone, can i delete the vac reservoir ball like the pd130. Thanks
Cat delete (not legal haha :busted cop:), vacuum simplification, change vacuum solenoid block to single small N75 solenoid just for turbo, fit fuel/coolant lines on head from TDI 125kw engine, ASV delete, possibly move battery to the trunk...

Cat delete (not legal haha :busted cop:), vacuum simplification, change vacuum solenoid block to single small N75 solenoid just for turbo, fit fuel/coolant lines on head from TDI 125kw engine, ASV delete, possibly move battery to the trunk...

N75 is interesting, what differences have you seen with this change from using the solenoid block & the pipe lines?

Battery move for me I see no gains unless using a different intake system.

I wouldn't touch the asv tbh, although minimal, I wouldn't want a runaway.

N75 is interesting, what differences have you seen with this change from using the solenoid block & the pipe lines?
Sold my car right at the stage of making this mod :D No real benefit, modding just for sake of modding. Hated the look of blocked hoses of removed actuators... Anyway was using only 1 port, and N75 is easier and cheaper to find brand new.
About pipe lines, these just finish the EGR delete procedure, because you no longer have the coolant bleed pipe going to the back of the engine but straight to the expansion tank. Well I also sold old one because it was in good condition and this pipe often gets rubbed in one spot near tandem pump :)

Battery move for me I see no gains unless using a different intake system.
All mods have their cons and pros :) Like you told before, we don't know OP goals.

I wouldn't touch the asv tbh, although minimal, I wouldn't want a runaway.
Fit new/remanufactured turbo and be happy for a few years until you change the car. Besides runaway there are also other problems removed asv do, but on the other hand you have nicer cleaner engine bay :D

I did the egr etc delete on the sportback so I'll probably do on the 3dr, just need to check if the maps setup for this already or needs tweaking.