Modified Engine Cover for CAI

Shady0808

Audi S3 Essex
Reaction score
I've had a Ramair kit installed on my car today and want to modify my engine cover so it fits back on. I personally don't like the TTS covers.

I'm sure someone on here used a Dremel or so something to make theirs fit again. If I'm right hopefully they will see this and reply.
If not, do you think it's possible?
Only thing I can thing being an issue is the rear rubber foots that hold the back of the cover on. Could replace the screws for the new heat shield with the feet?

I have seen a few std cover cut about in magazines but when i looked at doing mine i bottled out and went the TT route.
IMG 20180411 105847
IMG 20180411 094244

I'm also interested in this. Just because I am a tight *** and my original airbox is broken. Might as well make something useful of it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bryant1998
Those pictures look sick! So yea I want to do the same thing minus the fancy paint jobs.

Any idea who or where I could ask/go to figure out best place to cut?

Way I see it the cover is useless as it stands so I got nothing to lose by cutting it up

Funny you Lads talking about this cause just within the last day or so I came across a post on here where it had been done using the OEM cover and I am sure it is in the stickies , so worth looking through them .
Bingo ( https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/oem-engine-cover-mod-when-cai-fitted.78295/ ).
Always worth having a look through the old posts as you just never know what you might find he he :welcoming::welcoming::welcoming:

Last edited:
Cheers mate, yea I did try to find it was doing all sorts of searches but couldn't get any results relating to the OEM cover.

I've had a Ramair kit installed on my car today and want to modify my engine cover so it fits back on. I personally don't like the TTS covers.

I'm sure someone on here used a Dremel or so something to make theirs fit again. If I'm right hopefully they will see this and reply.
If not, do you think it's possible?
Only thing I can thing being an issue is the rear rubber foots that hold the back of the cover on. Could replace the screws for the new heat shield with the feet?
The rear engine cover supports can be used instead of the screws into the heatshield.

I’ve seen a few of these covers done and most look very home made. Anything to lose those awful rubber grommets holding the cover on.
I’d still go for this as it is oem +
E6C95308 06BA 4C81 83D4 A7B93DB406D5

Reactions: ch1z64
I take it the TTS doesn't have the grommets? I was planning on changing them somehow anyway to make it easier to take off on the future.

You think the TTS fittings would work with the stock cover?

No the TTS cover has different fittings. The originals are not used.

Iirc 3 pins on TTS one either side off rocket cover and small pin sits around intake manifold area towards washer bottle