Modern Warfare 3 (MW3)

Mine still hasn't arrived :sob: but seeing how hardened editions are fetching up to £150 in some places I think I might pop to asda and buy a copy for £39 then sell mine when it arrives and basically get the game for free!

It is an awesome game
I haven't touched on any other than spec ops...superb game well worth the wait

Totally agree with you voorhees. Ive played it for 5 hours straight with my brother. He seems to think no 2 is better. Ive had to pull my self away from it tho as I have work tomorrow and my brother has kicked me out of his room too.

whats the thoughts on MW3 then peeps? has anyone played both Battlefield3 and MW3??? i always play both as im a fine of both, i prefer BF though so always good to get views from people who have played both

Ive played both, and personally I dont like the lay out of most of the MW3 maps , really cluttered and almost no where to set up somewhere where you cant get shot from behind. Online BC3 is better, and miles better than BC2 IMO

Ive played both, and personally I dont like the lay out of most of the MW3 maps , really cluttered and almost no where to set up somewhere where you cant get shot from behind. Online BC3 is better, and miles better than BC2 IMO
I think it was to stop camping dane you little tinker.....:whistle2:
I think its superb, and highly addictive... must start getting more sleep on school nights.... :lazy:

Im not camping I patrol set areas ;)

Level 40 on the first day, level 56 on second day. Going slow now with the amount of xp needed without the double xp for 2 hours :( Having to look for challenges to bump it along now.

Havent touched anything other than MP so far. Will get to 80 before i do anything else.

Really liking it but as usual so many people moaning about it and prefer Battlefield but will still probably win game of the year and be the biggest selling game of the year.

funny how a lot of people prefer battlefield, i personally am a battlefield guy through and through but im a big fan of COD also so always have both. have you played battlefield 3 yet?? as i like to get peoples thoughts on MW3 compared to battlefield 3. impartial views also not battlefield bashing from fanboys of COD lol

I only played the beta of Battlefield 3 and didnt really think it was all that. I know the game will be a lot more polished and so on but it really didnt sell it to me. I like the little touches of the lasers and flashlights blinding your vision but that was about it and i can see that becoming annoying lol.

I also prefer COD`s because of the lack of vehicles, The original ones had jeeps and tanks but wasnt too much of an issue as people didnt whore them too much. WaW annoyed me with tanks because people would run straight to them and just whore them all match long and used to annoy the sh!t out of me! So i like games that dont have vehicles so that people dont spam them all the time which is another reason im not too fond of Battlefield and other games that have them.

I`ve been with the COD franchise since the very first game on the PC and have loved them all (bar no.3, first one on consoles because it was utter pap!)

the vehicles on BF3 and other BF models are good but can be easily destroyed by mines, javelins, RPG, C4, Mortars etc you cant whore a vehicle as you call it as there are too many players that have the tools to destroy them. its not even that easy to kill people with a shot from a T-90 or M1 abrams as if you dont hit them within 2 feet of the guy you wont kill him first hit so the vehicles are not the most important thing in the game, its all about team work and strategy in BF which is more real to me rather than the run and gun carnage that happens in COD. NOW dont get the wrong idea, im not bashing COD as i am a big fan of the series since modern warfare. i recommend trying the full game BF3 mate and see how you get on, atleast then you can have your 2 valid opinions of both.

on a lighter note, what was the campaign like in MW3?? what are the major differences that are in multiplayer?

cant say i'm enjoying mw3 that much tbh, think i prefered black ops and even mw2 (cant compare to bf as i've never played it). the maps aren't great, as dane said very cluttered and the sniping has been made waaay to easy again! some of the spawn sites are terrible as well, especially in CTF. all that being said, i didnt like black ops at first but now love it so time will tell!
as for the story mode, cant fault it. and the spec ops is good fun too

cant say i'm enjoying mw3 that much tbh, think i prefered black ops and even mw2 (cant compare to bf as i've never played it). the maps aren't great, as dane said very cluttered and the sniping has been made waaay to easy again! some of the spawn sites are terrible as well, especially in CTF. all that being said, i didnt like black ops at first but now love it so time will tell!
as for the story mode, cant fault it. and the spec ops is good fun too

Agreed, played for a few days now and the spawns are terrible. Everythings moving far to quickly in the game. I played alot of domination and i just find that the maps being so cluttered make it impossible to play well.

I would say i was epic at black ops, Very good on MW2 but on this im struggling, Im getting shot at left right and centre.

I would say i was epic at black ops, Very good on MW2 but on this im struggling, Im getting shot at left right and centre.

i'm in the same boat! my k.d. ratio was almost at 2 in black ops (1.98) but now i'm struggling to keep it above 1 haha, there just seems to be someone behind me every time i get a kill!

I managed to sneak a quick game in last night for 5 minutes and got really annoyed. I saw someone and aimed and was shooting them, almost emptied the whole clip and they then killed me. Watched the kill cam and from there point of view I hadn't even fired one bullet before they started shooting me. Anyone else had this? I found it happened a bit in black ops but it seems to be happening all the time to me in this one and its a PITA!!

Agreed on some points. Played a game last night and did terrible! Just people everywhere, spawn and run out of a building and get shot, spawn again and you`re out for about 15 secs and get shot again but was on one of the smallest maps, cant remember the name though. I seem to be much better on the treyarch games than the MW`s. WaW and blackops i was pretty good but MW2 i could never get into in MP and this one i cant seem to get a decent k/d ratio. Im not one of these people that are obsessed with it but obviously better to have a decent one than not lol. Also struggling to get 1. Currently seem to sit on 0.9 Can get mid to high 20 kills on most games but then your deaths match it if not exceed that number just because its so frantic and people are there round every corner. Only time i get a good possitive k/d ratio is around middday lol. The british arent on too much, the annoying little 13yr olds that constantly scream down the mic arent on.

In reply to the unloading a whole clip into someone, your hit market is flashing like crazy on them but when you watch the kill cam you maybe him them once and they use about 3 bullets to kill you instead of the 30 you fired. Been like that in most of the games and is always a common complaint

Watched the kill cam and from there point of view I hadn't even fired one bullet before they started shooting me. Anyone else had this? I found it happened a bit in black ops but it seems to be happening all the time to me in this one and its a PITA!!

yip, happened a couple of times to me! i put it down to the playstation network being s**t, i have seriously considered selling up and investing in an xbox. yes, psn may be free but if i had a pound for every time i've been cut out of a game, waited for more than 5 minutes for a suitable game to be found or as you said emptied a full clip and got nothing, i'd be a very rich man! i really wouldnt mind paying £30/40 a year for a decent server

Xbox doesnt always have the greener grass. I had a 360 at the time of the first MW and the servers were just as bad! Only good thing about Xbox when it comes to COD is that they get everything a month earlier than PS3 users just because Microsoft have money to ***** on stuff like that.

i must say i was always a PS man but once i went to xbox i can honestly say i wouldnt have another PS again unless they bring out something good.

I was rubbish on mw2, but i enjoyed it n it was a gd laugh, same on black ops.. and after saying i wasn't going to get this one just because I'm crap at it, on MP, I have now got the game. and low and behold i proper suck. first game on MP - 15 n 2. (15 deaths 2 kills). so if you want a laugh and/or someone to help you level up quicker by just owning me online then get in touch. that being said its a gd laugh online and i seem to enjoy it. good game, i really like how its gone back to the perks from mw2 and improved them.. and the new support strike package is my saviour cos as u can imagine i dont get very many killstreaks!! haha.

yip, happened a couple of times to me! i put it down to the playstation network being s**t, i have seriously considered selling up and investing in an xbox. yes, psn may be free but if i had a pound for every time i've been cut out of a game, waited for more than 5 minutes for a suitable game to be found or as you said emptied a full clip and got nothing, i'd be a very rich man! i really wouldnt mind paying £30/40 a year for a decent server

Well I have it on xbox so don't rush out to buy one just yet. Its got a bit better now but still happens now and again.

so iv had a few games steady 1.52 KDR and my wins are good to but this is hard its the maps that make it to fast, If we had bigger maps with better assault rifle battles it would be great but i find its essential to just use a SMG because assault rifles are to bulky and fire slowly compared to things like the UMP, them FMG Akimbos and the PP901M

so iv had a few games steady 1.52 KDR and my wins are good to but this is hard its the maps that make it to fast, If we had bigger maps with better assault rifle battles it would be great but i find its essential to just use a SMG because assault rifles are to bulky and fire slowly compared to things like the UMP, them FMG Akimbos and the PP901M

thats a strong KD mines 1.13! But im a runner n gunner! i agree though maps are small for Assault rifles. well most of them. Im startin to think its a P90 job all the way.

thats a strong KD mines 1.13! But im a runner n gunner! i agree though maps are small for Assault rifles. well most of them. Im startin to think its a P90 job all the way.

akimbo_fmg9_most_powerful_gun.jpg

its all about these bro! Beasts!

You still need to add me rye will pm you my username shortly

Im just about to prestige on this :detective2:. Probably never play it again after i do haha.

and btw ACR ftw!

Im settled in a bit better now KDR is up to 1.72 and win ratio 1.80

Iv recently built up a big love for the M16 with rapid fire! and also the ACR with red dot and silencer. I always have the akimbos as secondary though i just switch up to them when running into buildings etc.

Do you guys playing on xbox or PC? i think on xbox control is terrible

im liking MW3, as a BF fan it has alot to live upto but spec ops is so much fun, me and the mrs spent 3 hours earlier playing survive and it was great apart from sometimes she ******* me off running round like a loon into walls and looking into the sky lol, women can multi task.............. my ****!!!

This is a thread about the game lads not about a console control pad