Modern warfare 2

Played multiplayer last night. Got shot alot !

Played Special Ops with an invited friend just now which was good fun...

We've both got our Gay Madonna Headsets and everything!

What rank are you so far mate, so far im 29.

I've got the data transfer cable if you want me to send it to you so you can use the bigger HDD

I've got a wireless adapter that I can sell you for £49.99 :whistle2:
nah its used so £35.. pm me if interested
Sam

thanks Sam, im selling an Elite and replaced with an Elite so just swapping all the bits and selling the old repaired unit on ebay with the new bits attached - nice cheap xmas pressie for someone and 5 of my old games (COD4, Battlefield BC,Spyro,Pure and Lego batman) :arco:

Also i bought the wireless new from Game last xmas for £35 when purchased with another item ;) although i do use hardwire ethernet for COD as the wireless lags too much with 802.11G.... shame cos ive upgraded my router to 802.11N

Tim

I just got MW2 earlier.....I was led to believe Level 3 was offensive but I found it good to shoot someone who doesn't shoot back :(

it only came out yesterday!!! how come people are levelling up so quickly, i was playing online with people on level 30+!! and as for level 3, yeah i was abit shocked they went there with that if i'm honest, but they covered their **** i get with the disclaimer, so its all good.

i'm up to level 16 online and just finished the actual game.

thought the end was a bit crap, not as hard as cod4 to finish, all in all about 6 hours to finish

i'm online now if anyones got any private parties goin, tag: tech1210mk1

Last edited:
thanks Sam, im selling an Elite and replaced with an Elite so just swapping all the bits and selling the old repaired unit on ebay with the new bits attached - nice cheap xmas pressie for someone and 5 of my old games (COD4, Battlefield BC,Spyro,Pure and Lego batman) :arco:

Also i bought the wireless new from Game last xmas for £35 when purchased with another item ;) although i do use hardwire ethernet for COD as the wireless lags too much with 802.11G.... shame cos ive upgraded my router to 802.11N

Tim

Ah right you had an elite already. That makes sense then.

They are bringing out a new wireless adapter with 802.11N I think, but I no longer need one as I have moved the router to the xbox.

Back on topic, I compleated the main story last night. I thought it was quite good.

I'm just going to be playing special ops and online play now.

xbox tag: spamburg

i'm up to level 16 online and just finished the actual game.

thought the end was a bit crap, not as hard as cod4 to finish, all in all about 6 hours to finish

i'm online now if anyones got any private parties goin, tag: tech1210mk1

I finished last night (as online was down, grrr) in 7:33. I did start by being good a trying to get all the lappys but then binned it, so you could knock sometime of that again if you were just going in for a clearance. I know that one of the largest draws to this game is online, but that is one hell of a short campaign.

Ah right you had an elite already. That makes sense then.

They are bringing out a new wireless adapter with 802.11N I think, but I no longer need one as I have moved the router to the xbox.

Back on topic, I compleated the main story last night. I thought it was quite good.

I'm just going to be playing special ops and online play now.

xbox tag: spamburg

Cant wait for this damn game!!! :nunu:

oooh an N router..... outta curiousity i wonder if its possible to ethernet the console upto an N router which will talk with my main router..... hmmmm

Tim

Cant wait for this damn game!!! :nunu:

oooh an N router..... outta curiousity i wonder if its possible to ethernet the console upto an N router which will talk with my main router..... hmmmm

Tim

You haven't got it yet?! you should have said I did have two copies. I did wonder why you were playing WAW last night.

haha nooo the misus bought it me for xmas....im trying to get her to trade for guitar hero i bought for her...shes not having it though :)

LOL. That's brilliant. So glad it was captured for our viewing pleasure.

Loving MW2. Seriously good. Lvl 37 IIRC atm.

LOL only playing single player at the mo, these games take a bit of getting used to!! ;)

However a geeky friend provided me with this info if it helps at all:

Apparently CoD: MW2 is completely sorted now.

Was a patch on release day, not sure what for.

Patch on second day was to resolve the trophy bug. This worked but multiplayer was unavailable due to the servers being down. Basically, Sony don’t manage their PSN servers themselves like Microsoft do with X-Box Live. Sony have 3rd parties doing this. The 3rd party managing the CoD servers is Demonware. The servers went down on Wednesday as there were not enough resources for all users. Demonware then spent the night adding more servers and the issue was resolved by 2:30 that night.

Patch on third day, yesterday, was to resolve the invite bug. This worked but Sony didn’t turn the Presence server back on. Without the Presence server being turned on, friend status within CoD can’t be aggregated. Apparently Sony told Infinity Ward only Sony Japan that can turn this on. Got switched on this morning and by 7:30 it has apparently been perfectly fine, running at full capacity (everyone can get online).

thats awesome!!!!!

Nilz, get an Xbox ;)

Have we all had the email for the upcoming facebook/radio/movies update for the Xbox....its just getting better and better

Nah mate, its all about the PS3 :)

But we wont get into that battle today ;)

Oh tell me about it mate, its a nver ending battle at work in Geek heaven!!! (not that im a geek or anything)

had my first play of this today on my bruv's ps3.....woah, this game is visually stunning!! i think i might be able to justify a ps3 just for his game alone (oh, and take that singstar lol)

PS3 all the way !! xbox? whats that? lol
warfare 2 is the dogs

hi mark, what you playing at, go out at once and buy one you tight **** lol

its a shame they gimped the multiplayer on the PC so bad, or i would have this already... i cant fathom how people can play a first person shooter on a joypad, its just rediculous, i use pretty much the entire left side of my keyboard playing cod4... there aint that many buttons on a controller. hell, my mouse has about as many buttons as a PS3/Xbox controller...

im just hoping they see sense and let PC users do what we have always done, and run our own servers instead of this stupid Xbox/PS3 style of connecting to games. i fear that this isnt going to happen tho :(

"Microsoft announced during its E3 conference that the first two map packs for Modern Warfare 2 will be timed exclusives on Xbox 360"

Looks like ps3 owners will have to wait again!:yes:

Lea,cannot recall off hand recently as the waw ones I never bothered as the game is
S%@T
last price I did pay was 6 quid iirc

about the same then mate, they were around six quid but have now crept up to 7.99.
wouldnt be keen on paying an extra 30 quid though to play online, bit out of order really, dont you think ?
i know you get them sooner but shouldnt have to pay any more than the console and the game, aswell as the internet fee every month.

I hear that the PS3 has issues so am not worried...30 quid a year is peanuts

issues are mainly inviting friends, a right pain in the **** trust me.
youd think theyd had long enough to get it right wouldnt you.

issues are mainly inviting friends, a right pain in the **** trust me.
youd think theyd had long enough to get it right wouldnt you.

Lea i have both mate.

A ps3 and xbox 360 and i would go with xbox live any day of the week and twice on sunday.

You get what you pay for and £20 for 12 months (which i recently paid) is nothing for a service with double the members and content of ps online.

I have been on xbox live since 2004 and where was ps online then? the xbox has been online 2-3 years before sony even bothered to sort anything out.

Besides i dont need to metion the hundreds of excellent games on the 360 such as forza, halo, gears of war etc etc.

Meanwhile ps3 fans will be waiting for another 20 years before sony decide to release the next gran turismo.:lazy:

Already completed this, the Museum level is different, but its what you make it....

My Tip, use the Barrett .50 cal

he doesnt look like he would have friends..... :/

Lea, i have both too and wouldnt use the PS3 for anything.... Xbox rips it up big styleee init!!! :) on a more serious note didn't PS3 have an issue on day one with their third party server firm not being able to keep up with demand on their half populated servers?

Nilzy.... you've always been a geek admit it!! it's the first step to recovery admitting it hawhaw :) the main argument I get is the PS3 has better releases first, asking the question what game and when and the answer was quite 'quiet' let's says...also Ps3 is still developing??? but then i suggest that they have facelifted it already and done what? added a bigger HD.....woopdydooo

but then i suggest that they have facelifted it already and done what? added a bigger HD.....woopdydooo

Yes and now you cannot even remove the harddrive, your stuck with the 250gb with the slimline.

I have a 320gb hardrive in my ps3 and cost me £40.00 so think ill be keeping my larger ps3 for now, besides i only use the thing for blurays

ive got 3 of the 60gb models and i have found them to be great but i do take on boeard what dazmo and animal are saying and accept that the ps3 does have issues.
to be fair the only issues i find with the ps3 is the servers of the games i play on it, which to be fair isnt really down to sony.
as i said earlier, i just find it annoying that they want even more money from you to play online.
youde of thought by now that you would be able to cross network and ps3 play xbox online wouldnt you.

I am loving this online at the moment although the servers are abit crap at the moment.

Loving my M16A4 with FMJ and Silencer, it kills almost anything lol

Wish their were more snow maps though, i would like to see a snowy wasteland map.