Modern warfare 2

twostrokepower

Reaction score
got my copy friday from WWW.GAMEPAD1.COM and its a great game lovin the single player multi player is awsome too .:applaus:

MY GAMERTAG IS : SKIMMEDHEAD

id give it 11/10 best game ive played yet on any console ....multiplayer maps are a lot bigger then cod4 does seem a little harder as well (or iam crap)but i suppose it will get easyer the more i get no my way about on the maps

Many peeps on the multiplayer then, as I mentioned its not due for release until 11th...?

Can you post up any vids?

That's a well spec'd car BTW ;)

loads on multi player, i no its not out till 11th but i get some games 1 month before release from www.gamepad1.com i got ghostbusters from them 3-4 months ago and it still anit out yet

Right then guys, word on the street is that the game is going to be out in Sainsburys and Asda tomorrow at midnight priced at £26 and £27 respectively.....

I'd better receive mine by post tomorrow then or I'll be ******!

What's the point in pre-ordering?! Seriously? I wont bother in future...

To be honest, i think the pre order thing is a sure way of companies making money out of die hard gamers...and thats exactly what they are doing, i know of a few people that have spent £40+ for this game.

Hopefully it will be available at nearly half that price, but then its a possiblilty that they will be out of stock, it will be a limited offer, or something else along those lines that stops you getting the game...lol!!!

Heres what came this morning....

photo0330.jpg

Im playing single player at the moment but this game in amazing beyond belief.

I can see why its an 18 though as a few missions in theres a particular mission which is very shocking and may offend many people, at the start of the game it gives you the option to skip this mission but i would suggest you play it.

Some may find it a little upsetting and even for me it was pretty bad but it was still fun, you just have to remembber this is a game and a f******g awesome game at that.

Last edited:
I got it for £23 for the ps3:yes:, Should be here tommorow.

The joys off the internet and Discount codes! Asda or also selling it for £32 as the game of the week and i heard sainsburys are supposed be doing it even cheaper,not sure if its true or not mind you.

I got it for £23 for the ps3:yes:, Should be here tommorow.

The joys off the internet and Discount codes! Asda or also selling it for £32 as the game of the week and i heard sainsburys are supposed be doing it even cheaper,not sure if its true or not mind you.

Yeah sainsburys are doing it for £26.00

Got mine yesterday! Almost thought I had a dodgey copy until I read about it not working until official release date! Was gonna try do it offline and set the system clock forward, but realised it probably wouldn't work.

26 quid! :D

mine should be bursting hrough the letter box tomorro, lets hope the dog is too full to rip apart my package. roll on xbox live

decisions decisions, My wife pre ordered mine at Blockbusters who are releasing it at midnight....the question is, open a can of stella and chill out...OR....get dressed keep the stella in the fridge and head off into town?

Bu99er it, I'm gonna have a stella and continue my hunt on the net for an LCR splitter....the warfare will need to wait till the morning...lol

get down there it wicked ive just put the control down ,its fast paced action on line .stonking good game

I got mine at midnight from Asda for £32.
Not been on multiplayer yet but campaign is good!

The shocking level is just that! But yeah, its gotta be played!

Got mine from Sainsbury's this morning for £26. I got there at 6:45am and the car park was busy for the store opening at 7:00am. I walked out with my copy at 7:15am and they were already putting a sign out saying "sold out".

Shame I'm stuck at work when I could be at home shooting everything in sight. lol Roll on 4pm

Afternoon Guys

I also went Sainsbury’s this morning around 6:45, walked out around half 7 (they had no Ps3 left, and only 20 Xbox at that time), so wasn't bad....But straight to work and then home, so games burning a hole in my seat waiting to be played! Ha-ha

Mates went to Tesco at midnight; I thought I'd save a few pennies and just get up early...

I did hear a guy robbed a shop over weekend just to get the game.

Also 'Apparently' all gamer 'stats' were re-set at midnight, so anyone playing online before would lose all achievements etc.

Rich

Just got my copy from Sainsburys, well my cousin did, he went to get a copy for his bro and got that, then asked for another and was told 1 per customer, so went to PC World who do a price match (across the road), to be told they are not price matching that game.

Went across to Sainsburys, and due to it being lunchtime there was a swap of staff, so was able to get me a copy, so will pick it up on the way home.....woohoo!!!

However, wont be able to play it tonite as im out!!!

just got myself a copy from tesco, got loads of copies for both xbox and ps3, i was really suprised, but yeah i'm loving it, altho i'm pretty jarred off that i'm having to compete online with people who are already ranking levels of 28 and higher.

Sat here waiting for it to install now! Taking absolutely ages to install on PC!

My brother is playing this right now, it look amazing! He won't let me pay it yet though:aggressive:

Haha \/ \/

Im going to pick my copy up tomorrow...Thats if its not sold out everywere by then!

been playing mine since i received it monday morning but having a problem inviting friends to join games, basically it won't let me or any of my friends invite each other.

anybody else got this problem??????

dazmo - i got the prestige edition too, the night vision goggles are pretty cool, i thought they would be really **** ;)

was allways going to be problems online in mutiplayer until they sort the servers out ,happens every time they release a good game ..!

been playing mine since i received it monday morning but having a problem inviting friends to join games, basically it won't let me or any of my friends invite each other.

anybody else got this problem??????

dazmo - i got the prestige edition too, the night vision goggles are pretty cool, i thought they would be really **** ;)

Yeah the nvgs are better than i expected, but i knew they wouldnt be s**t.

I just love the whole box! lol

Amazing game but dissapointed with the single player as it only take around 8-10 hours to complete it!

Afternoon Guys

I also went Sainsbury’s this morning around 6:45, walked out around half 7 (they had no Ps3 left, and only 20 Xbox at that time), so wasn't bad....But straight to work and then home, so games burning a hole in my seat waiting to be played! Ha-ha

Mates went to Tesco at midnight; I thought I'd save a few pennies and just get up early...

I did hear a guy robbed a shop over weekend just to get the game.

Also 'Apparently' all gamer 'stats' were re-set at midnight, so anyone playing online before would lose all achievements etc.

Rich

I have been playing since monday and my stats hav`nt been reset!

Anyone having a problem with stuttering on the PC version? Only seems to do it on single player, multi player is fine

Its spoiling it a bit and its not performance related as it runs fine through hectic bits and then all of a sudden stutters when nothings going on

misus got mine yesterday from GAME in sheff, think she paid £40 but is unwilling to swap it for her guitar hero (£75) before xmas boooooooo

good news is i now have the new Elite going , swapped all the new bits and put them on my old system(HD etc)....planning to sell the package on ebay for £100-£150 boxed with COD4, battlefield, spyro and pure/lego batman plus 2 new controllers ;)

love it when a plan comes together

^^^

Balls should have waited out a couple more days and I would have snapped it up, but the draw of Forza was too much. :happy: I had forgotten this was being released, so I am now stuck trying to balance life with both these games - I should have booked holidays!

Liking it so far: some great graphical touches and weapons, but I only managed 3 hrs last night. I dropped online for a short time too, but clearly need to get around the maps and get them learned.

Not so great that it is only 8 -10 hrs as Dazmo said, but I never find all the laptops in one go so it makes it easier on the re-run(s).

(Tangent alert: does anyone know where to get a wireless adapter for less than £50, ta :salute:)

good news is i now have the new Elite going , swapped all the new bits and put them on my old system(HD etc)....planning to sell the package on ebay for £100-£150 boxed with COD4, battlefield, spyro and pure/lego batman plus 2 new controllers ;)

love it when a plan comes together

I've got the data transfer cable if you want me to send it to you so you can use the bigger HDD

(Tangent alert: does anyone know where to get a wireless adapter for less than £50, ta :salute:)

I've got a wireless adapter that I can sell you for £49.99 :whistle2:
nah its used so £35.. pm me if interested
Sam

Played multiplayer last night. Got shot alot !

Played Special Ops with an invited friend just now which was good fun...

We've both got our Gay Madonna Headsets and everything!