Model Year Differences

simRS

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me or point me to where I can find model year Differences for the facelift. Any options that became standard or things to look out for. Must haves.

I usually just go to the configurator, but thought I'd ask here because you cant configure an older model.

Just been reading about DAZA/DWAB not sure if I've got that right, but DAZA was pre 2018 and no WLTP. Which is the one to have? Never know if it was a cost saving exercise or for the better!

I definitely want Android Auto, doubt I'll tune it as I'll keep the warranty intact if its got one, got another to mess with/break! :)

I know normal rules apply, mileage, condition, year etc. Just you never know whether it's worth the premium buying a '19 over say a '17.

Cheers!

Can anyone tell me or point me to where I can find model year Differences for the facelift. Any options that became standard or things to look out for. Must haves.

I usually just go to the configurator, but thought I'd ask here because you cant configure an older model.

Just been reading about DAZA/DWAB not sure if I've got that right, but DAZA was pre 2018 and no WLTP. Which is the one to have? Never know if it was a cost saving exercise or for the better!

I definitely want Android Auto, doubt I'll tune it as I'll keep the warranty intact if its got one, got another to mess with/break! :)

I know normal rules apply, mileage, condition, year etc. Just you never know whether it's worth the premium buying a '19 over say a '17.

Cheers!

2017-2018 is pre-WLTP and has no OPF filter. Very few 68 reg’s also are pre WLTP. If you want a decent sound (although not as decent as the prefacelift 15-16 reg) then you want an 18 reg at the latest really.

if you get a 19, to get that noise back you need to change the downpipe and map the car, voiding your warranty.

there is also no RS design pack option on the WLTP cars, no illuminated door insert option and no ceramic discs option.

save your money and get an 18 reg. it’ll only have 6 months-1 years warranty left at this point now anyway, so get it and wait for that to go then tune it ;)

2017-2018 is pre-WLTP and has no OPF filter. Very few 68 reg’s also are pre WLTP. If you want a decent sound (although not as decent as the prefacelift 15-16 reg) then you want an 18 reg at the latest really.

if you get a 19, to get that noise back you need to change the downpipe and map the car, voiding your warranty.

there is also no RS design pack option on the WLTP cars, no illuminated door insert option and no ceramic discs option.

save your money and get an 18 reg. it’ll only have 6 months-1 years warranty left at this point now anyway, so get it and wait for that to go then tune it ;)

I had an original 18 plate WU18 ETA ( anyone know where it is) and currently run a 69 sport edition. First one had standard exhaust, current one has sports exhaust as standard. Why anyone would spend £1000 extra on a sports exhaust is beyond me unless you want to show off in a 'mine's bigger than yours way'. Quite happy as it is and noisy enough in dynamic mode for me at least. How are the values of B9 holding up these days?

I had an original 18 plate WU18 ETA ( anyone know where it is) and currently run a 69 sport edition. First one had standard exhaust, current one has sports exhaust as standard. Why anyone would spend £1000 extra on a sports exhaust is beyond me unless you want to show off in a 'mine's bigger than yours way'. Quite happy as it is and noisy enough in dynamic mode for me at least. How are the values of B9 holding up these days?
Everyone is different but for me the sports exhaust is a must. Why anyone would buy the glorious 5 cylinder engine and not want to hear it in all its glory is beyond me.

Reactions: Jny400, sve170 and Terminator x
Everyone is different but for me the sports exhaust is a must. Why anyone would buy the glorious 5 cylinder engine and not want to hear it in all its glory is beyond me.
Whoops, comments based on my current RS4 I am on my second... there is a thread on here about making a B9 as noisy as a B8...
My RS3 was a 16 plate without Sports exhaust. Before buying the RS3 (Mar 2016-Mar2018) I borrowed 2 demos one with and one without SE and decided the drone on motorways from Sport exhaust wasn't worth it. I understand that some may love the noise but to me it was just tiresome on a regular 2 hour journey.

Ignore him D0C he’s in the wrong section now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the sports exhaust not have a switch?

I take it Android Auto is on the 2017 cars?

Whoops, comments based on my current RS4 I am on my second... there is a thread on here about making a B9 as noisy as a B8...
My RS3 was a 16 plate without Sports exhaust. Before buying the RS3 (Mar 2016-Mar2018) I borrowed 2 demos one with and one without SE and decided the drone on motorways from Sport exhaust wasn't worth it. I understand that some may love the noise but to me it was just tiresome on a regular 2 hour journey.
To be fair, the PFL makes an almighty noise even in comfort. FL is quite a different sound and needs the exhaust.

RS4? That’s just a shocking sound that no exhaust could ever help!

Reactions: Terminator x
To be fair, the PFL makes an almighty noise even in comfort. FL is quite a different sound and needs the exhaust.

RS4? That’s just a shocking sound that no exhaust could ever help!
The FL 3 and B9 4 are seriously challenged in the noise department.

Reactions: Terminator x
Next one surely an evolution quiter again, sorry more "cultured" ...

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
Indeed TX... ****** Electric probably... Looked at the Porsche Taycan the other week and they want extra money for piped noise.wtf!

The FL 3 and B9 4 are seriously challenged in the noise department.
FL RS3 still bonkers loud from the outside. Strangely it doesn’t seem to filter into the cabin as well as the PFL. Still a lovely sound, though.

there is also no RS design pack option on the WLTP cars, no illuminated door insert option and no ceramic discs option

Illuminated door inserts (as well as Audi sport entry logo) came as standard on my ‘19 Sport Edition. It’s a shame there was no RS design pack option though

Reactions: Riko0073
Glad I didn't get the B9 RS4 then, no V8 was the reason I kept away. Went with a C63s, but mine has the exhaust filter, so a bit muted, but the facelift brought loads of other benefits that were worth buying.

It's there any real benefit to buying a 2019 RS3 over a 17/18?

Glad I didn't get the B9 RS4 then, no V8 was the reason I kept away. Went with a C63s, but mine has the exhaust filter, so a bit muted, but the facelift brought loads of other benefits that were worth buying.

It's there any real benefit to buying a 2019 RS3 over a 17/18?

There is 0 benefit.

Ah got you, I didn’t know they were even a thing! There’s a few things they got rid of with the 2019 which is a shame, I would have liked the extended leather option in mine

not many people do. It’s called aluminium Light race design. I wanted illuminated ones with carbon...so decided to get the illuminated ones off eBay and then have them carbon skinned - best of both worlds :)

extended leather is a good option, shame it went!

Extended leather went but on the sport Ed the tech pack, sports ex, black optics pack and staggered wheels all come standard. Granted the noise isn’t as great as PFL but a fair amount of “extras” as “standard”

Oh as well as pan roof and super sport seats