Facelift Mobile Phone Holder

MU57ARD

Reaction score
Good Afternoon All,

May seem a little trivial however I just thought I would canvas the opinions and advice of others.

So simply put, what sort of mobile phone holders do people use with their A3's?

I bought one today and very quickly realised it doesn't fit the A3 vents and because of the MMI control layouts there isn't a vast amount of room to place your phone.

Good Afternoon All,

May seem a little trivial however I just thought I would canvas the opinions and advice of others.

So simply put, what sort of mobile phone holders do people use with their A3's?

I bought one today and very quickly realised it doesn't fit the A3 vents and because of the MMI control layouts there isn't a vast amount of room to place your phone.

I don't they look awful, keep mine in the armrest storage ;)

Reactions: scoss, pburv, WarwickL and 1 other person
I don't they look awful, keep mine in the armrest storage ;)
Same, or put it over the cup holder in front of the gear stick on a piece of non slip material.

Reactions: pburv
Buy a ProClip and you can mount pretty much any holder you want onto that.

Reactions: aurian
Buy a ProClip and you can mount pretty much any holder you want onto that.

I have this one with a magnetic holder:

654804-4.jpg

Great position and the mount from Brodit is a brilliant fit and very secure

Reactions: richinsoton and MU57ARD
Brodit do two A3 mounts. I have the one that goes on the left of the heating controls.

I've not got any pics of mine, but this is the mount I have;

IMG 2741

You combine this with your choice of holders for different phones.

I bought one of these off eBay a while ago for about £3...

Upload 2016 10 1 22 20 17

...used it a few times and it does a reasonable job.

I've not got any pics of mine, but this is the mount I have;

View attachment 105294
You combine this with your choice of holders for different phones.

Looks like I could do with one of those. Was it easy to fit?

Think I prefer it at the side of the console opposed to on the dash between the vents.

Might buy this!

I bought mine before I'd finished negotiations on the car. Looked simple, minimal and does what it says.
Be another 3 months before the car arrives and i have something to install it onto (Oz delivery times suck!)

The A3 is really a tricky car to buy a phone holder for! the vents are too small to attach the normal vent holders and most just cause the vent to fall down! the clear mounts one is good however i think the iphone 6s Plus is quite big to go there in between the vents. i tested it and seemed my big iphone might not fit that well. Someone on here recommended the Samsung phone holder and i bought it recently. Its a bog standard phone holder but its really good quality. Cost 30euros in a service station in France but by that time i was so peed off with crappy ones and not being able to properly see the maps. works perfecly and even over the biggest bumps its stable. One problem though is the space to the right of the speedo. its very small so phone wont go side ways. has to stay upright. this should be considered too depending on size of your phone.

If you have a PFL car, the brofit mount has some clear advantages.

It can be had with range of phone holders. Just for the iPhone 6, there are around 8 or 9 different ones, depending upon whether you want use a swivel mount, use a phone with a case, use a phone with a really big case, leave the bottom free for you to plug in your own cable, have a lighting plug built in for power, or use one that can retain a genuine apple lightning cable that 'snaps' into the holder. This can then be combined with a lightning extender cable to give you a simple one stop plug in from phone to MMI. Voila, Spotify, album art, and all the other connected goodies.

Last edited:
Reactions: aurian and DJAlix
I bought this. Good reviews, simple install. Swivel mount option essential.
Clearmounts

https://www.audiphoneholder.com

That does look good, I saw similar for the 8P but didn't see the clearmounts when I was looking for one for the 8V.

Only downside is having the metal stuck to the handset afterwards.

I was looking for a bumper/case for iPhone 5s/SE that had a built in metal plate, but haven't found anything yet :-(

Bought one of these, should be arriving any day now

http://magnaballuk.com/

Has good reviews from Lenny The Geeza and Yianni from Yiannimize if you follow them on Insta

Planning on putting it probably between the two air vents in the middle, or to left of heater controls

Brodit mount. This is the left side dash mount, partnered with an swivel base iPhone 6 mount with adjusable width and the facility to plug in and retain an apple lightning USB cable. Or, if your handy with a file, a cablejive dockxtender cable, that you can plug into the MMI adadpter on PFL models.
IMG 4050
IMG 4051
IMG 4052
IMG 4053
IMG 4054

Bluetooth in the cupholder.
I'm coming around to the conclusion that this is the most aesthetically pleasing and practical option. I find most third party mounts are brutally ugly. The only mount I used in my GTD was the Kenu Airframe that clipped onto the air vent securely and had a minimalist design. Unfortunately it won't work on the A3 vents.
IMG 0745

I attached a magnet swivel mount to my Brodit vent holder, very happy with the ability to orientate the phone.
IMG 6853IMG 7980

I got a very subtle one out of maplins, it's magnetic and just attached via a very secure sticky pad. Can't remember the name of it but preferred it to those brodclip ones and the vents one don't attach correctly on the round vents in the S3

I use a generic spider mount, it is very stable when i mount it in the air vents, its too soft to scratch the car or the phone, it can fit any phone or tablet and it only cost me a $ from ebay. There are branded spider products but i tried first the cheap one and didnt have any issue

Hi,

How is the spider held on the inside.

Can you send a closer pic. am not sure how to mount mine.

Clearmounts holder all the way for me.

mega quality and looks like a factory fit item

Clear mounts is fantastic, you won't regret it. Got it with another S3 owner to save on postage (guy refunded the second postage charge afterwards) from Canada. Amazingly easy to install (wriggle air vents out then slide a metal 8 shaped plate with a ball on then put either the clamp or magnet, whichever you fancy). Does work out about £30 but blends into the car perfectly