1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Mobile keyboard unusable

oli356 Feb 1, 2018

1. oli356

oli356 Well-Known Member Sportback Team Sepang Audi S3 Black Edition S tronic

For the past few days it has been impossible for me to write a sentence correctly on my phone on this forum. The keyboard would act very erratically by not auto correcting, not adding spaces, adding additional characters etc.

Example....
    Ky jame is Oli and u live iniwnflajdb

(that was meant to say my name is Oli and I live in England)

I use Google Chrome as my browser and SwiftKey as the keyboard. Last night I discovered on the SwiftKey forum that a few other people are suddenly facing issues on various websites.

According to one user the issue is also on the default Samsung keyboard and Gboard. I'm not yet sure if browser is relevant, my gut feeling is yes because I did a quick test on Firefox and it worked OK.

The problem seems to be the Rich Text Editor that is used when creating posts on forums.

I have managed to write this post on my phone by using BB code instead of the rich text editor, to enable this you need to click the top right button that is shown on my toolbar below, it looks like a spanner on top of paper.
    Screenshot_20180201-054847~01.png

Not sure why this has suddenly broken and how many users it is impacting but I just wanted to make this post incase anyone else was having issues... And hopefully it is fixed soon in an update to the browsers or keyboards...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Thanks Oli, we haven’t noticed any problems, but that’s not to say there isn’t one. I mostly use my iPad or phone on the forum which run safari. I will get my lap top out and try that. If we have an issue we will fix it. Thank you for letting us know.

4. oli356

Hi Sandra

It will be fine on laptop and iPad, issue is on some android phones and imagine it will be for the developers of the keyboard apps or Chrome to fix, not you :)

Sandra likes this.
  5. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Oli, get yourself an iPhone lol. As a matter of interest, do you use Tapatalk?

oli356 likes this.
  6. oli356

Hahaha. I used to have one many years ago, but not anymore, no :)

I don't though no. I've used it before but prefer the forum layout on the website :)
    If I can do things from my web browser rather than using an app, I do so.

7. Sandra

I know I tried tapatalk and I just didn’t like it at all. I agree with you though, the forum layout is pretty much perfect to be honest. Was just looking at your photography down in landscapes, you got some lovely pics. :)

oli356 likes this.
  8. oli356

Yeah, Tapatalk looked a bit too complicated. I can see it being useful if you want to visit multiple forums using it but when ASN site is very good, I don't see the point in using it.

And thank you! Might have to post one or two more in the future :)

Sandra likes this.