mobile data allowance

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
With most mobile phone providers dropping their data allowance down to 500meg or less, I'm wondering how everyone is getting on.

I renewed by contract a day before the T-mobile allowance drop and kept my 3gig monthly limit.

I got my HTC desire HD at the start of the month and I started keeping a track of my monthly data usage.
With 4 days left till end of the month and I've used 2.4GB of my allowance.
Thats mainly on internet, music streaming, game downloads and email.
I started turning WiFi on when i get home to help limit my download.

Any one gone over their monthly limit, what happened?
How much data a month do you think you use and what on?

Im with Vodafone and only get 250MB,was fine when i had my Blackberry, but since i got my desire HD been over that every month. Last month with being careful i used 350MB, but before that it was about 600Mb.

Try to use wifi at home,and at pc at work all day to try and limit it. They charge me an extra £5 when i go over for an extra 500MB.

I have an iPhone 4 on tesco mobile, so get 1gb a month. I just checked now and I have used 1.2GB since I got it, 4 months ago. :D

I do always use wifi at home though as where we live is very poo signal. I originally chose tesco due to the extra download limit too, I over-estimated my usage it appears, lol.

I just downgraded my tariff from unlimited to 500mb as i finished my contract and wanted to go onto O2 simplicity. saving £25 a month.

On am iphone 4 i now use between 350mb to 400mb a month general usage. Mainly auto downloading e-mails seems to kill my data.

Previously I was using around 2gb a month but that was because im jailbroken and was tethered to my laptop streaming full videos etc when away in hotels

I don't have email push on mine, it does my head in receiving all the crappy emails. So I usually only check them a few times a day and then in the evening i'm on wifi.

I got the tesco 12month jobbie, but plan *plan* on keeping the phone for 2 years so will also go on the o2 simplicity or something and try get it as cheap as i can.

I have 500mb on mine, but have a tool called 3g watchdog which monitors how much you use, very useful.

I also always change it to Wifi when at home, reasoning behind this is, if i ever need to use the mobile outside, I know i can without fear of going over, and the wifi at home is alot faster

I limit my emails so i only get the heading come through, then if i want to i can then download the full email.

I have 500mb on mine, but have a tool called 3g watchdog which monitors how much you use, very useful.

I also always change it to Wifi when at home, reasoning behind this is, if i ever need to use the mobile outside, I know i can without fear of going over, and the wifi at home is alot faster

I got that app as well.
Its great but it keeps warning me i'm going over my data allowence. lol

Must try hardder not to use internet so much.

I dont how people can use 200mb a month on data.
Wish i could.

i use about 300mb a month but use wifi when im home