MMI works but no led's or options menu?

Lec3grd

Reaction score
I'm sorry that my first post is asking for help. I have a 2008 Audi A6 Avant TDIe (the facelifted one) which is lovely but I can't change the clock! I've found a video that tells me how to do it but my MMI doesn't seem to behave like other people's. The radio and screen all work as they should and all the buttons work, but the red led's at the edges don't light up and I don't have any options in the corners of the screen. When I press CAR I get a message about not having navigation (which I don't) and when I press SETUP I get something about traffic alerts.

Does this mean I have a problem with the MMI? I've done lots of searching but can't find anything that sounds like my issue. I have a basic car, I think the radio is 3G high radio basic? It only has a single CD player with two memory card slots if that helps.

Thank you for any help,
Gemma.

Can you take a picture with MMI control panel and screen. Before all was OK or you bought this car with this problem? Also you can send me WIN and I can tell what version do you have.

Thank you both, sorry it's taken so long to reply I forgot my password!

Here's a pic of the console and screen:
http://postimg.org/image/489z60p5j/

I bought the car like this but didn't realise until it was too late.

Can you send in PM your VIN? It looks that wrong control panel is installed.

Hi, by VIN I can see that wrong control panel is fitted in your car. It must be version with 8 buttons but you have with 4 buttons. Correct part number- 4F2919611H.
IMG 4278

Oh! I'll look in to that.

Thank you for checking!