MMi Wifi Etc Questions

ollie2013uk

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Has anyone had a play around with their cars MMI?

I thought it came with a WIFI hotspot that was activated for 36 months? I can't seem to find any literature on it?

Has anyone had a play around with their cars MMI?

I thought it came with a WIFI hotspot that was activated for 36 months? I can't seem to find any literature on it?

Wifi hotspot you have to subscribe for separately I'm afraid.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Thanks, I didn't realise that, so the 36 months "free" is for ***** like flight times and petrol prices?!

Reactions: Jassyo06
Thanks, I didn't realise that, so the 36 months "free" is for ***** like flight times and petrol prices?!

And google maps for nav/live traffic if you have it active.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I was also under the impression that the tech pack advanced gave you a wifi hotspot in the car.
I think you have to put your own data sim in to activate this.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
In order to use the Wifi hot spot for anything other than a local network you need to:

1) subscribe to one of audis partnered network suppliers.
2) use your own data sim

This has been covered before in order threads. Suggest doing a forum search as people have posted up some really good and cheap data sim finds :)

Reactions: MikeSel^ and Audi Bairn
In order to use the Wifi hot spot for anything other than a local network you need to:

1) subscribe to one of audis partnered network suppliers.
2) use your own data sim

This has been covered before in order threads. Suggest doing a forum search as people have posted up some really good and cheap data sim finds :)

Thanks for that

And google maps for nav/live traffic if you have it active.

Not to be pedantic but it is actually Google Earth which overlays onto the base maps. It's not Google Maps in case anyone gets excited!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk