Mmi video

Steve Owen

Reaction score
Hi. I have an a3 8v 2014. I’ve bought a video mmi interface lead but this is what I’m getting (flickering screen) any ideas? Ps, I’ve tried 2 wires but getting same result

Attachments

• 788E2CBB-F23D-478F-85C5-49B887E0B941.jpeg
    788E2CBB-F23D-478F-85C5-49B887E0B941.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 268
Hi i am just getting a blank screen can someone show me the set up for the video mmi and do i need to mess about with any settings

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I have an a3 8v 2014. I’ve bought a video mmi interface lead but this is what I’m getting (flickering screen) any ideas? Ps, I’ve tried 2 wires but getting same result
Wrong / poor quality cables

Hi i am just getting a blank screen can someone show me the set up for the video mmi and do i need to mess about with any settings

Cheers

Wrong cable. All the Audi genuine and copies look the same but do not work the same. Needs to be specific for the A3 8V.

I don’t get why anyone wants to run video on the MMI.
Some people want to mirror their phones screen so they can display 3rd party navigation like Waze or Google maps. Others want apps which display detailed information about their vehicles like boost and temperatures as live information via their phone and an OBD port dongle, etc etc

So, is there a way to mirror my iPhone onto the Mmi screen on a pfl 8v? Can someone link me to how to do this?

So, is there a way to mirror my iPhone onto the Mmi screen on a pfl 8v? Can someone link me to how to do this?
Video in motion activation is needed to view media while moving, then:

For an iPhone

-Audi RCA to AMI cable
-x3 male to male RCA adaptors
-a hdmi to RCA video converter box
-hdmi cable
-Apple lighting to AV cable

Will also need a 12v to usb to power the hdmi converter.

Android devices need their own version of the Apple AV cable.

Mira cast, chrome cast, fire sticks can also be used.

Video in motion activation is needed to view media while moving, then:

For an iPhone

-Audi RCA to AMI cable
-x3 male to male RCA adaptors
-a hdmi to RCA video converter box
-hdmi cable
-Apple lighting to AV cable

Will also need a 12v to usb to power the hdmi converter.

Android devices need their own version of the Apple AV cable.

Mira cast, chrome cast, fire sticks can also be used.
Oh. That’s a lot more than I expected! Not sure I’ll wander down that road.

Oh. That’s a lot more than I expected! Not sure I’ll wander down that road.
Everything fits neatly in the armrest storage compartment and costs between £80 to £160 depending on which route you go. Pretty good value for the potential use if you ask me.

Reactions: 6EGA3
So what do I select on the mmi to see the phone output? And how do I activate video in motion?

So what do I select on the mmi to see the phone output? And how do I activate video in motion?
Select media > source > AMI / Video.

Video in motion needs to be activated via someone with the correct software, like me :) or you can use something like OBDeleven and alike.

Reactions: 6EGA3
Ive tried doing this with the car not moving. Im getting a blue screen saying no signal, im using a sony android phone.

The cable is genuine, i read you need navigation for it it work. Is this true or is it just my phone

Ive tried doing this with the car not moving. Im getting a blue screen saying no signal, im using a sony android phone.

The cable is genuine, i read you need navigation for it it work. Is this true or is it just my phone
Don’t need navigation just the correct parts.

I have all the cables but a copy Audi cable. How do I get the correct one? I’ve searched high and low

I have all the cables but a copy Audi cable. How do I get the correct one? I’ve searched high and low

Call up an official Audi parts department / supplier is what I would do.

Reactions: Steve Owen
I’m trying to set mirroring up for my iPhone sat nav. I do have nav prep in my a3 but it’s not enabled, that’s why I’m trying to do it another way

I’m trying to set mirroring up for my iPhone sat nav. I do have nav prep in my a3 but it’s not enabled, that’s why I’m trying to do it another way

Well once you have the correct cables and a VIM activation you will be in business :)