MMI user fails to login

DreamInCode

Reaction score
Few days ago my Audi app stopped showing vehicle status and was showing status from few days ago. I reinstalled the app but no luck.
I thought removing the my Audi user from MMI and adding it back in may solve the issue.

However after deleting when I was trying to add it back, it kept showing this screen. I'm sure my username/password is correct.

There's a post in A4 forum about it but it doesn't really discuss any solution. IMO the car is somehow not in the network and can't access the server.
Does any know about any workaround?

Attachments

• 1615367545005.png
    1615367545005.png
    332.2 KB · Views: 181
I think that Audi are having ongoing problems with the new Audi Connect service, and its functioning via the newer MMI units. This might explain your problem, plus others mentioned in the "MMI view" and "SOS call malfunction.." threads. Some people undoubtedly have 'internal' problems with their MMI units too, but most 'missing functions' that require a connection to an Audi server will be due to Audi Connect. As such, your problem may well be 'at the other end' (or in the detailed way that the comms works), so reinstalling the app probably won't help. Its frustrating, but I think you have to do as the MMI message says: wait for them to fix it. Just don't hold your breath. You may find that the connection will "come and go" until the problem is bottomed. I'm sure that people who have any joy with the dealers will post on here..

Reactions: DreamInCode
+1 on the servers causing issues. I've often realised the audi app does not work / fails to retrieve data pretty much at the same time the car is having strange issues.

Once the app is back online - then the problems disappear (most of the time)

I believe there's a data SIM somewhere. Is it easy to swap it out to at least check if it can connect with that?

Ive had the same happen to mine, it’s been back at the dealership for 2 weeks now to sort it out along with another problem.
They assure me it all sorted now and I’m due to collect the car tomorrow

Attachments

• 6EDF70FA-957C-4E44-B753-EFC06F972121.jpeg
    6EDF70FA-957C-4E44-B753-EFC06F972121.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 243
Ive had the same happen to mine, it’s been back at the dealership for 2 weeks now to sort it out along with another problem.
They assure me it all sorted now and I’m due to collect the car tomorrow

Let us know what the resolution was, could be helpful if others have the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I started the car today, an OTA update named something like 'Audi connectivity web service' started to download. It took a while to finish and load user profile. I checked online weather/news started to work. I tried to login with the myAudi user and surprise, it logged in successfully!
Navigation also started to receive sent destinations and synced the favourite destinations!

Reactions: Q5 TRS and AdamInKent
When I started the car today, an OTA update named something like 'Audi connectivity web service' started to download. It took a while to finish and load user profile. I checked online weather/news started to work. I tried to login with the myAudi user and surprise, it logged in successfully!
Navigation also started to receive sent destinations and synced the favourite destinations!
They must be making changes, the app UI has changed since last week

Reactions: DreamInCode and AdamInKent
Brill. Isn't it nice when good things 'just happen'!

Reactions: DreamInCode and Q5 TRS
It would've been only sensible from Audi's part if they had sent out an email telling users about system outage due to maintenance.

Reactions: Frizzley

I assume that's a map update as these are done OTA now

I have a Nov 2020 35 TFSI S-Line/S-Tronic and am familiar with the issues above. Three weeks ago the car wouldn't "remember" the key user/profiles and an over the air map update froze. The dealer diagnosed a faulty 5F MMI Control Module and replaced it, plus did the 2714 software upgrade. When the car came back it drove okay but the car status wouldn't update in the Audi app/on the website. Audi Support sent instructions on how to delete/reset the key user/VIN and other car details online and I had to do a factory reset on the car - the online data seems to update now and map upgrades seem to work too. Clearly, I am not alone in this, but does anyone know what is in the 2714 software update other than MHEV system updates please? Thanks.

Last edited:
BTW - I believe major work was done on the Audi Connect website yesterday (24 March) I was told it was offline from 10pm to 8am. (CET).

Last edited:
Reactions: DreamInCode and Jabba46
And here we are 8 days later and my car is still not connected to Audi Connect. Not acceptable from a premium brand. Very frustrating.

And here we are 8 days later and my car is still not connected to Audi Connect. Not acceptable from a premium brand. Very frustrating.
I so agree, and I wonder if we are the real test drivers of the 8Y series? Also, I think that both sales and service staff might not have had the usual product specific training due to the Covid crisis.

What benefits come from using the Audi app?

Will be taking delivery of my first Audi this week.

What benefits come from using the Audi app?

Will be taking delivery of my first Audi this week.
As far as I can see these are the benefits of the Audi app/Audi Ecosystem website - the level of fuel is displayed as a percentage full/range in miles, total mileage is displayed, confirmation that windows, doors, tailgate, bonnet are closed, the car can be located, you can set favourite locations on your mobile device/PC and send locations to the car, arrange/record service, access the user manual and Audi chat support and there's the currently unpopulated online store where you can pay to activate additional features on the car. The app/website also records the precise spec/VIN of your car etc. and you can also selectively turn certain data features on and off plus download manual map updates although the car should receive OTA updates. Personally, I prefer the website rather than the app. Hope you enjoy your new car.

Reactions: DreamInCode, AdamInKent, Moots and 1 other person
As far as I can see these are the benefits of the Audi app/Audi Ecosystem website - the level of fuel is displayed as a percentage full/range in miles, total mileage is displayed, confirmation that windows, doors, tailgate, bonnet are closed, the car can be located, you can set favourite locations on your mobile device/PC and send locations to the car, arrange/record service, access the user manual and Audi chat support and there's the currently unpopulated online store where you can pay to activate additional features on the car. The app/website also records the precise spec/VIN of your car etc. and you can also selectively turn certain data features on and off plus download manual map updates although the car should receive OTA updates. Personally, I prefer the website rather than the app. Hope you enjoy your new car.
Great, thank you for a comprehensive answer .

The website seems buggy too, I do like the app when the Audi central infrastructure isn’t knackered obviously!

Reactions: Audidryver
And so, as if by magic, it started working again this morning.

And so, as if by magic, it started working again this morning.
When i bought mine the guy said sometimes it can take a week to start working, I’ve no idea why that would be unless its due to downloading profile to your car etc which takes time, but that shouldn’t Take a week, maybe a day or 2 if you don’t drive it much.